Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Our new green Pleo rb...  (Read 15071 times)

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
Re: Our new green Pleo rb...
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 07:23:45 PM »

Here are a couple videos of our Pleo rb in the hatching phase.  No name yet.  We are all going to come up with a name on Christmas Day together!  :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSZt5SBYQac" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSZt5SBYQac</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAtMflN7imc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAtMflN7imc</a>

Dinolover

• Fossil hunter
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 07:32:32 PM »

Thanks for posting 76... your pleo looks awesome!
A

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2010, 07:36:03 PM »

He's beautiful - those grey/blue eyes look like they almost change colour with the lighting!   :)

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2010, 07:38:03 PM »

I love the eyes too.  I am pretty amazed by the Pleo already.  Even though it is only in the hatching phase.  It really makes you think that it is alive by its movements!  You can't help but talk to it / him!  :)  You don't even seem to notice the gear noise after a while. 

twoNZpleos

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 08:31:54 PM »

Aww cuteness, thank-you for sharing the clips!

And I agree, one can't help but treat them like a real pets  :D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2010, 08:40:44 PM »

Absolutely agree - after the first few days I was chatting to Iggy as though he could understand me!  You do get used to the motor noise, too!  :D

Pleoxie

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2010, 09:13:58 PM »

Wow ! It is lovely !
Is the eyeball some kind of grey color ? It is cool !

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2010, 09:18:59 PM »

Yeah...he has gray blue eyes.  Love them!

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2010, 09:22:19 PM »

Just in case anyone is interested...I got a 3 year warranty with accidental damage protection for $69.99 on Squaretrade.com.
I thought this was a great deal.  I don't have to worry about anything happening to the Pleo.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2010, 10:17:35 PM »

Hi great videos and pictures, I still have't done anything with myne other than charge the battery, What I dont understand yet, and have not read the complete manual is that when they first are turned on after putting the watch battery in, ( the foot) do they have to continue to run a complete cycle or can you just turn them off whenever you want, cause you need to go to bed, or do they just keep running, ? I would love to see the eyes, but I am so busy right now and have lots of things to do, I don't have time to play or interact properly and want to make sure I do everything correctly, It is killing me not knowing the eye color though I have a sneeky suspicion on what the color is.... ;D Does your Pleo continue to run then you recharge or what?
                     I do think our Pleos are similiar though I can see you have a lighter color around the eyes and myne has the grey color though not as pronouonced as degers, Beta is.
 Congratulations again on getting yours so soon, I was not even expecting myne till tommorow! Maybe that is why I have not had time to do anything today other than open it up and charg the battery and do some reading.l                  RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »

Leave the clock battery out, and turn him/her on RWM, you won't start the hatching phase then, he/she will go into the packing position and start beeping, but you should be able to see the eye color :)

Then just pop the battery out and install the clock battery ready for when you do hatch.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2010, 11:41:55 PM »

IMR, thank you so much for the useful tidbit of info I am not ready to hatch yet, just too tired, but dying to know the color of it's eyes, Thank you for your help. ;D

Best wishes, RedwoodsMama

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 02:34:19 AM »

IMR,

That was exactly what I was going to recommend, seeing, mine was stuck in that position for a couple hours because I couldn't figure out how to properly install the watch battery!!   %)  Last night I played around with our Pleo and when it was time to hit the sack, I turned him off via the power button and pulled the battery to re-charge.  No issues doing it that way.  :) 

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 01:29:21 PM »

Congratulations on your new pleo 
 He sounds lovely with those   blue gray eyes. 

Dinolover

• Fossil hunter
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2010, 01:59:26 PM »

Thanks for the vids....darn those dinos they grow up so fast!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »

Hi eschw76, Can you help me out and post a closeup of your Pleo rb so you can get a good look at it's eyes in natural or good light? I want to see just how much our Pleos do  or don't look eye wise since myne also has blue grey eyes it appears.  :D I think they came off the same line since you were the first order and I think I was told my order was number 3 or 4, so we are pretty close, I can'[t imagine there being not many pleos with this color combination, it will be the variations in skin coloring with these eyes,
               I plan on inserting the battery in the foot today and starting the hatching process perhaps,,,,
                           RedwoodsMama

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2010, 05:23:54 PM »

RedwoodsMama,

Sure....I will try and take some picts tonight. From the Picts you posted...they look like they have the same eye color.  They have different coloring around the eye.

Ehschw76

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 06:39:38 PM »

Looks like my wife, son, and I have agreed on the name "Peanut" for our first Pleo.  My son really loved it for some reason, so we went with it.  :)  Welcome Peanut! 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 06:43:46 PM »

Love it!  Welcome Peanut!   :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 07:33:10 PM »

What a great name, I think it is very cute for a Pleo Rb, Eveyone loves " peanuts' and I dont think we have any Peanut on the Pleo Forum yet either. ;)
                  RedwoodsMama

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2010, 07:48:25 PM »

Just exited the hatching phase.  :)  Posting photos and videos shortly.

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 09:28:19 PM »

Two new photos and a short video of Peanut just out of the hatching phase:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjYFGJ_ifJI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjYFGJ_ifJI</a>

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 09:33:11 PM by ehschw76 »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 09:33:37 PM »

Very nice, Peanut and my guy both have the same eye color but different lid color, very cool, HOw long did it take to go through the hatching phase,? I am just starting my hatching now and I have been waiting all days, just too much stuff to do and too many interruptions. Is your guy exhibiting any interactions yet? Thanks for posting the photos, it gave me what I was looking for.
                    RedwoodsMama

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2010, 09:36:46 PM »

I think it took about 3 hours in total.  My wife really got in there and played with him tonight and got him excited.  He then started to attempt to stand.  Pretty cool!  I love that each Pleo rb is different in some way.  Pretty cool!  Can't wait to see more pics of your Pleo rb.  We bought a cape for him tonight too...from pleofashions.com  :)  Did you name him yet?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2010, 12:39:08 AM »

Hi, glad to see you are still up, Our house has no heat and is freezing so I hope Pleo rb does not start showing signs of being chilled, I left the Pleo cape on him all night last night. thanks for posting the updated photo of Peantut, closeup of his eye, my Pleo rb does look like yours except for the grey lid ...otherwise they could be siblings :D. I got a reallyl late start on hatching, didn't start till 8:45 and now he is in the sleep mode even though the battery still had lilfe, I didnt start hatching till 8:45 p.m,but I got a lot of petting in and he was pretty active, I also had one of my other Pleos, Major Tom who was cuddling with him and doing a lot of talking,

I am uploading the video now to youtube and then here and then off to bed to try and stay warm, Tommorow is phase 2 of the hatching phase, I cant wait to see what the personalities are like for all these different Pleo Rb, I hope your Pleo and my Pleos have different personalities and not the same, only cause I hope they were very random and not like Ok, everyone with blue grey eyes, give a very happy outgoing personality, etc, etc.

congratulations on Peanuts Standing now, will watch for more videos.    and No, I haven't decided on a name yet, but I am almost certain it will be a female as I have all boys and only one girl, Nova.

RedwoodsMama              video should follow in less than ten minutes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal