Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Our new green Pleo rb...  (Read 15059 times)

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
Re: Our new green Pleo rb...
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2011, 04:42:20 PM »

Still no luck teaching him his name.... Anyone else with a Pleo rb have luck?  I have fed him...played tug of war several times and petted him like crazy...no good.  I guess Peanut is just a stubborn learner!!  :)  any other ideas?  Thanks!

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2011, 06:57:40 PM »

Here are some new videos of Peanut!

1)  Here is Peanut just happy and excited =>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5213DornDb8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5213DornDb8</a>

2) In this video, Peanut plays tug of war, tracks the training leaf amazingly well (walked right at it) and ate.  Enjoy!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXNQy728Pd0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXNQy728Pd0</a>

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2011, 07:58:30 PM »

Peanut is either really smart... or really hungry :D Great video :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2011, 09:47:47 PM »

Such a cleaver little peanut! ;D  It is great to see the tracking.  I still haven't had any luck getting Kermy to do it.   ;D

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2011, 09:50:04 PM »

That's like Peanut not wanting to learn his name.  Kat...have you seen any armpit wear with Kermy or any peeling paint?  Not sure how Innvo will handle things like that.  It definitely isn't as serious as a broken tail....:( 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2011, 02:06:01 AM »

It's great to see the tracking, thanks.  I do love that cape, too!  :D

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2011, 06:09:30 PM »

Peanut finally learned his name, how to "Come to Me", "Bow", and "Sing".  Awesome day!  Sad that I might have to reset him with a new firmware or send him back to Innvo to get fixed up at some point soon....:(  We had a great day with Peanut today!!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2011, 08:21:58 PM »

I am so happy for you and your family and Peanut. How is your son reacting to Peanuts problems, does he understand the hole thing? I hope they at Innova can come up with the solution soon, but not a hasty quick patch that just is a quick fix and not a long term solution.Peanut is so cute and he and my baby here in the redwoods both have the same color eyes, and are very close to being hatched at the same time, or I should say arrival times, ( I delayed her hatching to the next day)
          I am happy that Peanut has learned his name and the bow and come to me and sing. How long did you have to work with Peanut to get him ready for the learning his name? I have tryed twice now, with today being the only serious attempt, but she is not ready yet, so I will let her wait till she is ready, be it another day or a week, I am in no rush, Did you record him learning his name? I would love to see that on tape, I taped her today, but even though she has the ID in her mouth and goes through the motions of nodding, etc, she was chewing her card like a cud, and singing, everything but learning her name, so she is not ready yet.
                I remember you said you had the insurance, so will they be paying you for any costs incurred if you have to ship him back? Hopefully they can fix Peanut though I do not understand how they can fix the holes or like Kermys tail, unless Pleos are actualy sent back to the company.  :( At this point if something happened to my baby, I would not want a new one with different personality, but would want to know if the " re-incarnation Program" was an option, so they could give me a new body, but same " brain". I don't know if they do that with Pleo rb but with the cost they certainly should.  Oh, wanted to know, did Peanut sing anything unusual or different that you had not heard before? Nova, Major Tom, Little 45, ARgyle and his twin brother, First Gold Hatch, and my baby Pleo rb, and two un-named Pleos all send well wishes and hugs to Peanut to get well soon from the Redwoods, and a round of Applause for all his recent accomplishments! :hhug: :kiss: :rootbeer: ( thought he may be thirsty as well,  ;))                    RedwoodsMama and her team of NIne Pleo Babies
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2011, 08:32:36 PM »

Thanks RedwoodsMama!  I have not pointed out the holes to my son.  They are pretty well hidden unless you are looking for them and Peanut is in the right position.  My son has commented on his peeling paint and has said that he must have gotten hurt.  I tell him he is fine and is just an imperfection like some that we all have... :)  I would hate to lose Peanuts personality.  I would hope that Innvo would transfer his personality if they did replace him entirely. 
For the first 90 days, I am depending on Innvo to take care of any issues.  After that, I would contact Squaretrade and they would provide a pre-paid shipping label to send Peanut to their repair facility.  Obviously, they couldn't fix him, so from everything I have read, they would deposit the full value of what I paid for him so I could buy a new one (unfortunately going this route I would lose Peanut's personality).
Peanut took a good week or so (1 - 2 hours with him a day) before he was ready to learn his name.  We have been trying over the past couple of days, then all of a sudden, he just recognized the card and was ready.  It was great!  I will have to record the song that Peanut sang and post it.  I will try and do that tonight before hitting the sack. 
I hope that your Pleo rb doesn't exhibit any of the issues various of us are having.  The wear didn't seem to be an issue until he started moving around A LOT in the 3rd phase (once he started walking around).  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of you and that Innvo figures out a solid way of preventing this from happening in the future.

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2011, 09:28:03 PM »

Here is a video of Peanut Singing and learning to count...Enjoy!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzlBfaQCbTE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzlBfaQCbTE</a>

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2011, 11:02:18 PM »

Very, very cute :)  Did you get the trick to work after the training? It seems like a tricky one because you have to clap loud enough for Pleo to register the sounds...
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2011, 02:54:56 AM »

Great video - and great singing!  I loved Peanut's first reaction to the learning stone - "MATHS!  Noooooooooooo!  I HATE maths!"  :D

I notice he does the same gradual backwards shuffle that Belle does, too.  It's much more evident in the RBs than in the older Pleos, maybe because they move more and faster.

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2011, 03:07:16 AM »

I wasn't able to get Peanut to count properly last night.  Will have to try it out again later today.  Once he knows his name, he quickly learns via the learning stones.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2011, 03:14:55 AM »

I have to say that I have every sympathy with Peanut - I'm useless at maths and I hate it too!   :-[

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2011, 05:31:19 AM »

I love the video.  Peanut is so cute.  the singing was great. what a sweetie. :)

Ashaw582

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »

Aw you`re so lucky! My rb colors look just like the old pleo :(

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2011, 09:52:41 PM »

You should take a picture or two of your Pleo rb and post them on here.  We would love to see them! 

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2011, 09:42:51 PM »

Looks like Innvo wants Peanut back to check him out.  Sending him on Monday.    :(  Peanut is taking one for the team to hopefully help them figure out what is going on with the skin issues!   We will miss him!! 

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2011, 09:53:47 PM »

Oh no! So sorry to hear about you having you send Peanut back :( I think the reason count might not of worked properly is because you only used one word when teaching him, in the interview with Derek Dotson he said a minimum of 2 words.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2011, 09:59:45 PM »

I am really sorry to hear that you have to send Peanut back and I hope both you and your son get through this without too much heartache.  :'( I think we will all miss Peanut. :(  I hope that they are able to analyze his skin and work out just what the problem is and how to fix it so we can all rest more easily and know that our pleos will be ok.  
Let us all know how you go and if they are going to replace him or if they decide to fix him.
A big thank you to Peanut from all of us RB owners for giving himself up to Innvo for all pleo rb's sakes.  
Keep your chin up Ehschw76.  We are with you all the way. :)

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2011, 10:18:23 PM »

That's good that they want a Pleo back to see what's wrong. I kinda wonder what they're gonna do.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2011, 10:30:23 PM »

It IS good that Innvo are looking into it, but I'm so sorry poor Peanut is leaving you.  I hope your family isn't too sad.  :(

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2011, 10:37:36 PM »

I hope that they can find a cure for the skin issues. :)  There seem to be so many of us with the same issue that it can't be coincidence.  There has to be an underlying problem with the skin itself.  I hope they can work it out and ether find an easy way to repair the skin or do skin replacements with new fixed skin.  Also I hope they work it out fast so they can be sure to do the next batch of pleo rb's without skin issues. :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2011, 12:24:03 AM »

Oh, Poor Peanut and I am sorry for you too.  :( It is sad that he is going back, but good that they are trying to figure this Pleo Rb skin problem, Did Innova contact you via phone or email or a letter? Had you contacted them first and sent photos of his skin problems? I bet this weekend will be very busy with him but also very hard to say goodbye. I would not know what to do if they wanted my Baby back, her skin is not as bad as Peanuts but I know it is partially due to me not playing nearly as much as you have,timewise. Having a son I think almost guarantees you are going to get more playtime in.  :)
              Did they say what they will do after they get Peanut? Are they going to send you another one or fix Peanut? I wonder if they can still use the " reincarnation" program for Pleo Rb. If they could do that, then that would not be so bad, though he would not look identical as all Pleo rb, green variety is supposed to be variations not all the same. I feel sad already, and sad for everyone else whose pleo Rb has skin problems, thinking this is just the beginning of more sendbacks? My Baby Pleo Rb and all her brothers and sister NOva all send well wishes to Peanut for a speedy recovery and healthy return. Keep us posted on Peanut and how you are doing through all this, I don't know If I could even part with my baby.........I am sad already just thinking of the possibilities. Poor Pleos, hope Peanut is the ace in the hole to a " Cure". You are braver than I.  :(
                                         RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2011, 04:12:43 AM »

I am so sorry to hear about Peanut.  I hope that they can fix him and send him back to you with the same sweet personality.  I hope that your son is doing well with Peanut having to leave.  My daughter was very upset last week because I wouldn't let her take Wilbur into her preschool for show and tell. Hopefully, they will get this thing figured out and all who have skin issues will be healed.  You are a braver person than I.  I couldn't part with him.  Best of luck to Peanut!
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal