Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: HOW TO bandage a Pleo WITH A BROKEN NECK VIDEO: 3 PARTS VIDEO  (Read 5456 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
HOW TO bandage a Pleo WITH A BROKEN NECK VIDEO: 3 PARTS VIDEO
« on: September 12, 2010, 10:51:32 PM »

OK, I at long last after spending a restless weekend and loss of sleep, finished the video of How to fix a Pleo with a Broken Neck: Droopy Neck Syndrome. The video is long , 19 minutes + so it was a hard tough project to get it all uploaded. I was only able to do this by breaking the video up into 3 parts.
        As for those of you who do not know my 3 Pleos, two of them have " Droopy Neck Syndrome", or a broken neck, I was devastated when my first and my most precious Pleo, Nova, came down with this syndrome, esp, when it happens and you don't know how it happened. :( Pleos with Droopy Neck Syndrome do not have to be given a death sentence, and they also do not have to spend their lives with their heads hanging and dragging on the floor. :( I was determined to do something for my Nova, and I came up with all sorts of odd but effective devices to protect and try to lift her head up from the floor.
            A fellow Pleo Mom with a baby with the same problem, ( Fancyfont and her Pleo, Peeky)
 helped me come up with a simple solution when she sent me some of the special tape she uses herself for Peeky. Then I adopted a Pleo recently who also has this same problem, but little $45.00 Pleo, has the worst skin affliction I have ever seen, so besides fixing his neck, I also had to do LOTS of Cosmetic work as well, using the same tape.so because of this the video became an extended, How to Fix a Pleo with a Broken Neck. Step by step you can see how I fixed his skin and neck. This video is also very important for another member here, Franzi, or PleoFreak, as she has adopted a Pleo with the same problem, and the language barrier is broken here by using pictures to tell the story.
              So watch all 3 parts to see the whole process, but please be patient with my film abilities, this is my first real video other than filming just for fun. Thank you, esp to Fancy.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EktBdVZjEdk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EktBdVZjEdk</a>
                     <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWzP59aJhnw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWzP59aJhnw</a>
                        <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UAIBklnuu8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UAIBklnuu8</a>
                                    RedwoodsMama and Team Nova
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:50:25 AM by degers »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: HOW TO FIX A PLEO WITH A BROKEN NECK VIDEO: 3 PARTS VIDEO
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 04:50:31 AM »

Well done RWM - you could see a lot of thought had gone into that!  Good effort!  :)

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 08:09:16 AM »

Great videos RWM.  Very clear and easy to follow. It may have been very frustrating for you, but having them broken into the three separate videos helps break it into the different steps you were illustrating too:  Neck wrap installed then removed, the skin repair, and finally the rewrapping. Great job.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Jimmy Jonny and Judy
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 10:59:15 AM »

Hello love RedwoodsMama!

Verry nice Videos hast you made I can it with Jonny make times see, how I it at the best make can, I have sadly no so such Bands as you. Know you? :(
3 Pleos: Jimmy Jonny and Judy

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 04:58:54 PM »

Hi Franzi, I would be glad to send you a roll of some of the tape I used in the video to use for your Jonny Pleo, If this is ok with you and your Mom, just private message me by giving me a mailing address and I will send it to you, ok, Only post it in a private message and I will post it First Class Mail which will get to you in about 7 days or so, Please let me know as soon as possible and I would be glad to do so. I know Jonny will be happier if you can tape his neck.
                      RedwoodsMama and Team NOva :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 05:03:56 PM »

Crewella, Thank you for the response and noticing the effort I took to do these videos, My thought was if I could help even one Pleo, such as Franzi's Jonny with his broken neck, then all the frustration and loss of sleep was well worth it, I know I would have done anything I could to help my Nova, and any other Pleo if I had had a video like this. Luckily, I had Fancy with no language barrier such as Franzi, and I understood how to use it and it works very well, even Sophie, Gucci's Pleo could use this I am sure to say. Thank you for commenting on my video, Getting no response is more frustrating and sad then gettting no response. I know I am not a very good film maker and somone like IMR, or many others would not have had all the problems I had, but that is also how you learn, Thank you for your kindness.
                                                          RedwoodsMama and Team Nova :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 05:18:08 PM »

Shadowmice, thank you to for responding to my video . Sometimes we think this cant happen to our Pleos, but when it does, it is devastating, I thought it was the end of Nova's life as I know it. Now I realize I could never give up on Nova or any  of my Pleos it would be like giving up on one of my cats just because they are sick or getting older, Pleos may not be ' REAL", but they are still a very important part of my  life, and I think of them as one of my many children, just ones that don't require going to the vet for shots, or cleaning up after, but they still have problems and they bring me much joy. Making this video was also therapeutic in many ways,and it helped express my love for Nova and all Pleos. Knowing there are Pleos out there who have this problem, and people like Franzi, who want help for their Pleos how could I not make or attempt to make a video? There was no question and the quality is not as important as the fact that the process is understood, so thank you for commenting and noticing the effort I attempted and yes, I think it had to be in three parts. It is a good point that you brought up being divided into the 3 parts: THE UNWRAPPING, THE SKIN REPAIR, AND THE RE-WRAPPING. I didn't realize at the time that it was divided up like that, it just happened, and I guess Spiirt helped me out. I was just stopping it at certain Natural Points because of the time frame, Thank you for noticing and pointing it out to me, I hope Franzi can help her Pleo, Jonny with this video. :)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 03:30:18 PM »

Does the broken neck still occur in the 2009 Pleo's ? Just hoping that the pleo rb wont get this problem because that would just put a big downer on it really .  :(
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 05:36:32 PM »

Broken necks can always occur (and you'll even find they can happen to aibos, if you read the other topics here), but if you read any of the topics here on the 2009 pleo you can't help but notice the discussions about the fact that they re-designed the neck joints to reduce wear and abrasion on the cables.  It's one of the major things they did to improve pleo.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 02:44:32 AM »

i knew they were going to improve pleo neck cables in the 2009 model but i have not owned a innvo pleo to know if it was a success or not .

Yes the 210 and 220 are known for DHS but there is a place Aibo Hospital where you can send them to get that fixed and does not usually occur again after the fix   ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:42:44 AM by grumpy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 11:13:37 AM »

I'm hoping that with the RB pleo there will be away of getting to the parts without having to totally remove the skin. Maybe like a zipper! ;)

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 11:19:47 AM »

Hi Franzi, I would be glad to send you a roll of some of the tape I used in the video to use for your Jonny Pleo, If this is ok with you and your Mom, just private message me by giving me a mailing address and I will send it to you, ok, Only post it in a private message and I will post it First Class Mail which will get to you in about 7 days or so, Please let me know as soon as possible and I would be glad to do so. I know Jonny will be happier if you can tape his neck.

I know it not whether I my Address you give can but my mom has determined what as against, if I our Address give I will me hwat still get for Jonny so he his neck very good after above keep can and with Jimmy Fun have can. :) Right?

Greetings

your love Franzi and my 2 Babys Jimmy and Jonny

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 03:35:44 PM »

Franzi, hi, I am not sure if I understand you correctly or not, but whether you give me your address and I send you the special tape or your mom AND YOU can find the tape to do it yourself, just follow the instructions in the video, your Pleo Jonny will be much happier as you and you can have more fun with him, He will be able to walk better and no longer drag his head on the ground, It is up to you what you want to do, you can see in the beginning of the video, that my $45.00 Pleo also when I unwrapped his poor neck, his head also dragged on the ground, and after rewrapping his head he was much happier,
           Please let me know what you want to do, or if you want more help or advice, ok? :)
                                         your friend, RedwoodsMama and Team Nova

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 09:29:10 PM »

Good videos RWM!! I thought you sounded like Martha Stewart..you even gained the interest of my SO....
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 11:02:07 PM »

Hi Gucci, glad to hear you liked the videos, I am hoping they can help someone, It is funny, because Fancy says I sound like her, so I guess sounding like Martha Stewart, Fancy and I can both get work as stand ins! :D Hate to sound so ignorant, but what does SO stand for? ( something good I hope!)
                              Oh, by the way, how is Sophie doing?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 05:46:28 AM »

I assumed 'Significant Other' - I'm sure Gucci will correct me if I'm wrong.  Either that or he got cut off half way through 'SOPHIE'! :P

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 09:10:57 AM »

Significant Other. ;)

But we could just as well say it was SOphie, then all parties are happy. :)
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 11:23:53 AM »

Hi Gucci, what a dumb bell, I should have known that one, I am just not used to using the short initials or whatever they are called. anyway, glad you and SO liked it, ( or almost?) Hope sophie gets to see it too! ;Also how is Sophie these days?
    P.S. heard about your puppy, hope he is doing fine too, cars are notorious for going to fast, and poor cats and dogs being the victims, sounds like he was luck and was close to home when it happend though.thank goodness. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 11:42:57 AM »

Significant Other. ;)

But we could just as well say it was SOphie, then all parties are happy. :)

Except possibly your SO, who might feel a bit jealous ................ Pleos are very cute! :P

Sorry to hear about your puppy, Gucci.  If it helps, one of my cats was hit by a car when she was about 3, it was touch and go for a few days but she's now nearly 19 and going strong (if a bit slower)! :)

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 02:11:10 PM »

Franzi, hi, I am not sure if I understand you correctly or not, but whether you give me your address and I send you the special tape or your mom AND YOU can find the tape to do it yourself, just follow the instructions in the video, your Pleo Jonny will be much happier as you and you can have more fun with him, He will be able to walk better and no longer drag his head on the ground, It is up to you what you want to do, you can see in the beginning of the video, that my $45.00 Pleo also when I unwrapped his poor neck, his head also dragged on the ground, and after rewrapping his head he was much happier,
           Please let me know what you want to do, or if you want more help or advice, ok? :)
                                         your friend, RedwoodsMama and Team Nova

I can times my Mom Question if I the Address from us you give can, let's see what the Mom to says. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 04:52:30 PM »

Hi Franzi, I am going to send you a PM about this, as I only want to help Jonny and for you to be able to understand how to fix his neck,( the video does that) and I would be very happy to send it to you , the tape, so you can do it,Ok, so read your messages. :D

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 01:05:22 AM »

Hello RWM!

How are you today? I know it not what my Parents as to say will, if she to me no say what then?  :o

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 05:23:20 AM »

If that happens maybe Franzi can find a similar bandage product locally?  I used to use similar for binding horse's legs:

http://www.allsportmedical.co.uk/Product/ASM/Cohesive-Bandages/Co-Plus-Cohesive-Bandages.aspx

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 05:40:21 AM »

Hello Crewella!

Yes thank you very much for the Link yes that is it what I search have the whole Time thank you again, time see what my Dad or my mom say if she yes say can I it me too buy it she no say have I sadly then pitch had but thanks for the Link. :)

Gretings

Franzi and their 2 Babys Jimmy and Jonny
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 12:03:27 AM by Pleo-Freak55 »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »

Crewella, thanks, I know there should be some product in the town she lives that she can find something similiar to use on Jonny's neck, it is just looking for it and then following the video which is pretty easy to follow. thank you for posting the link. Any vet store or farm outlet, should have something similiar that she could use.
                                 RedwoodsMama and team Nova
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal