Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panicky new Pleo mama  (Read 3402 times)

gizmo68

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
  • "It's Not Easy Being Green"
Panicky new Pleo mama
« on: November 20, 2009, 07:43:59 PM »

Hello Everyone:
           I am so very, very happy that I found this forum. Kermit arrived today and I started having problems with the poor dear not too long after he hatched. I immediately started searching the internet for pleo help and after reading some of the posts here have realized that I am more than likely having problems with my charger. Have to keep plugging and unplugging to get the battery to fully charge and will probably invest in one of the new and improved ones from innvo labs, I have the ugobe pleo, charger and two batteries. I am glad that I have somewhere to go for help instead of having to deal with customer service.

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why
But why wonder why wonder
I am green, and it'll do fine
It's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
Re: Panicky new Pleo mama
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 08:26:01 PM »

Welcome to the forum Gizmo68 and Kermit. Chargers can be tricky in the very beginning. Not sure how long you were able to charge your batteries, but make sure you really hear the second click when you put the battery in charger. Please explain what is happening with Kermit. Have you had a complete charge or is the light turning green immediately?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:30:39 PM by fancyfont »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 10:28:11 PM »

Some more information is needed so we can help you, but if you have two batts definitely try charging both, battery faults are the number one Pleo problem.

Please let us know how long the battery is charging for, why you think it is the charger, if it is happening to both batteries and what Kermit is doing.

Welcome to the forums too lol, hope we can help you :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 10:41:51 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Gozmo and Kermit. :)
A few new people have said how their battery only took half and hour to charge and worked fine, but like IMR said, you need to make sure you hear two clicks when you plug your battery in.
Is your pleo brand new and ordered off the site, or from a site like ebay?
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

gizmo68

• Female
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 06:46:02 PM »

Hello Everyone,
             I am suspecting it is the charger because when I first started charging the batteries I was only able to get anywhere from a 10-20 min charge out of both before the light turned green and I am hearing the clicks so I know that they are seated properly. When installed in Kermit he would function for about 5 min freeze then start again or I would have to reboot him. I figured he was reacting the way he was because the batteries didn't hold enough of a charge. Since receiving him yesterday I have charged the batteries a few times and each time the charging time has been longer then when I initially started. I have numbered my batteries 1 & 2 to keep a log of the charging times. So far I am able to get a 1hr 45 min charge from #1 and a 1hr 30min charge from #2 before the light turns green. If I reset the charger and attempt to charge them any longer than noted they start to overheat and the red light will blink. If they do overheat I let them cool completely be using them. I have been able to get anywhere from 45min to 1hr play time from Kermit per battery and he acts just fine, I do let the batteries run down completely before I recharge again. Is it common for the charger or batteries to do this when starting out? I purchased him new and factory sealed from a trusted seller on ebay.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 07:41:26 PM by gizmo68 »

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 08:02:01 PM »

Right now Kermit seems to be working fine on both batteries. :) The batteries most likely are somewhat charged from the factory, but will lose their charge when not in use. It is possible that your batteries just needed to be fully charged.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 08:04:11 PM »

It does sound like there was a problem but it is sorting itself out :) An hour or so is about normal runtime for an active Pleo, just keep charging them as you have been doing and the batteries should recover, it isn't the charger it sounds more like the batteries have just been left to sit for too long as you use them they should improve even more :)

Just be sure to always run the batteries out completely before re-charging and always charge as fully as it will let you before using them again.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 08:04:24 PM »

Since you have a Ugobe pleo, the batteries have been sitting on the shelf for a while.  The using them will help get them back into shape.  So, you may not need to buy the new Innvo charger.  What you doing does seem to be working.  The Innvo charger will just speed up that process for you.

gizmo68

• Female
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 09:54:17 PM »

Thanks Everyone,
         I will hold off on a new charger and see how the batteries go from here. You all have been a great help to me. I do have one other question? Since the charging time seems to be improving should I let them charge until the light turns green and remove them or should I reset them back in the charger and let them charge until the red light blinks? I think it does this because they are overheating, they feel very warm to the touch. Will that hurt them?

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 10:49:40 PM »

Hi Giszmo68, Once your charger light is green, the battery should be ready to use.  :)

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 12:08:56 PM »

Welcome Gizmo & Kermit!!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal