Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Common battery problems and possible solutions! Green Ugobe batteries only!  (Read 67042 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Common battery problems and possible solutions!
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 09:41:38 PM »

Half an hour is good news, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Snufkin

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2010, 09:40:41 AM »

Hello
Could someone explain how charger must work in recondition mode? After 16 hours it must turn to green, or I must manually switch it to normal mode after 16 hours.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:40:37 AM by Snufkin »

grin06

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 02:34:50 AM »

I just bought egg charger from ebay. On the first day my pleo was very active and the battery last for more than 2hours
. When the battery was completely drained as pleo just went into sleep and snored when i tapped it on his back..when i wanted to recharge it, it only blinks or charging for few minutes then the light turned red as if it was completely charged already but i still continue chargng it for 2 hours. When i put it into pleo, my pleo remain sleepy and snored only.
Why is tat so, does this mean the battery is spoiled only after 1 time usage?

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 06:48:30 AM »

Snufkin, I have one of those chargers, this is how it works. :)
The light will be yellow for 16 hours. When the battery is finished reconditioning, it'll switch to green. But it wont just start charging normally, you have to manually set it to do that.
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

Snufkin

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 11:30:55 AM »

Thank Bumblebee

jpdude11

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 05:15:34 PM »

My pleo or pleo's battery isnt working ive charged the battery overnight and then ill put it in him, and he wont even turn on ^-^ :'( and i dunno if its the battery or the pleo plz help me :o

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 08:51:18 AM »

Hiya, sorry you're having problems!  :(

You might get a better response if you start a new topic about your problem - I assume your Pleo was working fine up until this happened?  Are you using the green Pleo battery or the Ucube egg charger battery?  Did the battery seem to charge as usual?

I'm sure somebody here (with more knowledge than me!) can help.  :)

jpdude11

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 04:55:23 PM »

i am using the ugobe battery charger i e-mailed innvo labs customer service last night and they said to buy an new battery and charger, because most of the origenal ugobe chargers were defective err something ???

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2010, 03:41:56 AM »

If your going to buy a new battery your better off buying the Ucube battery and charger as they are way better than the ugobe ones.
My Ubobe battery is really rubbish and I am so much happier now I have the Ucube one  and one in the post for Cleo. ;D

rosiepleo

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2010, 05:00:02 AM »

I have a Pleo with a new poly battery and egg charger. Worked well first few times but now charged light is on on the charger and when I switch on Pleo he just snores. I guess this is a battery problem? Any ideas?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2010, 06:41:18 AM »

Hi Rosie, I've never had problems with the li-poly battery - sorry to hear that you are.  Redwoodsmama is the expert on those around here, bear with us as I'm sure she'll be popping in today. :)

kkkotto07

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2010, 01:15:53 PM »

Hello, my name is Christian and i'm new here. I just buy an wonderfull Pleo for my babygirl and i want to ask you something. The battery is charged in two hours( the led is red and after 2 hours became green). We play with Pleo 1 hour and after he's freezy, he don't go to sleep. It's ok the charge only for 2 hours and it's ok that Pleo don't go to sleep when the battery is discharged? Sorry for my english.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2010, 02:14:52 PM »

As long as you are getting an hour of playtime then everything seems fine :) The freezing is a common issue, my Pleo's rarely go to sleep, more often than not on the green batteries they just froze. On the white batteries however they do go to sleep.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2010, 05:24:50 PM »

Yep, mine are the same.  On the green Pleo batteries my two often just freeze when the battery runs down.  Nothing to worry about.  Sometimes it's worth taking the battery out of the charger and putting it straight back in to charge again - they sometimes go green before the battery is fully charged.  :)

kkkotto07

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2010, 06:58:50 AM »

Thank you InmemoryofRomeo, thank you Crewella!

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2010, 07:26:34 PM »

Sometimes the battery just needs to cool down, too. Depending on how active your pleo has been.
Perhaps the original green batteries don't have the amount of energy any more to let pleos fall asleep in their sleeping positions. THis might be a good thing in a way. As it has been found that it is better to not keep them in their sleeping position. It's better to have them not have stress on their skin.

Smilegirl

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Hello guys!!!;)
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2011, 11:32:46 AM »

I have a problem with Fay she switched off in 15 min but the led is green :(
I'm so happy about my three Pleos Fay my cute girl (Pink RB) and Pleo my old cool boy  (ugbe Pleo) :-) and chill out boy smoothie (ugbe Pleo)=.)

CARPE DIEM!;-)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2011, 02:01:04 PM »

Try resetting the noon time clock, she might have reset it and is now thinking it is night time. (Pleakly did that, and of course it was while we were out...)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 03:31:19 PM »

How many beeps did you hear when she switched off?  If it was only one beep then it is definitely the noon clock and resetting this should fix the problem. :)

fimoman

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2011, 03:38:18 AM »

I know I've already got a thread about this, but I have a feeling it's a battery problem, so it seems appropriate:

So I charge the batteries for a long time. They appear to be charging normally, but when they go green (this is the old UGOBE chargers and batteries) I can unseat them and put them back in and they'll be red again.

And when I put them in my Pleo, he makes the "huh" noise when you turn him on, then he apparently begins to move, then freezes. He'll keep making the "huh" noise every now and then and starting and freezing again. I've tried recharging the batteries, I've tried leaving them to cool, and nothing.

I have a feeling (and I dearly hope) that it's a problem with the batteries.

pirpintine

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2011, 03:48:20 AM »

it sounds similar to my pleo tale.

i have an original ugobe with the old style battery and changer too. id charge and reseat the battery over and over and he would still only last a few seconds before conking out.

i was told to just persist and 'retrain' the battery.  so just keep reseating it and reseating it until it turns green quickly after being reseated, and then run it down in the pleo.  i eventually got it to last first a fw mins, then 20 mins and now he lasts an hour or so! which isnt bad for a 3 year old batter ;)

thing is with my story is that my pleo had been lest unused for months, and thats probably why my battery went lazy.

but you can still just try persisting, mine got to lasting a full hour or more after about 8 sessions with constant reseating and running in pleo. so good luck :)

fimoman

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2011, 04:03:10 AM »

it sounds similar to my pleo tale.

i have an original ugobe with the old style battery and changer too. id charge and reseat the battery over and over and he would still only last a few seconds before conking out.

i was told to just persist and 'retrain' the battery.  so just keep reseating it and reseating it until it turns green quickly after being reseated, and then run it down in the pleo.  i eventually got it to last first a fw mins, then 20 mins and now he lasts an hour or so! which isnt bad for a 3 year old batter ;)

thing is with my story is that my pleo had been lest unused for months, and thats probably why my battery went lazy.

but you can still just try persisting, mine got to lasting a full hour or more after about 8 sessions with constant reseating and running in pleo. so good luck :)

Cool, I'll give that a try. Most of the time, when I charge a battery, I'll just put it in the charger and go away and do something else, and when I remember, go and check on the battery. Or else, leave the batteries to charge overnight. Probably not the best of ideas, right?

pirpintine

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2011, 04:18:53 AM »

honestly dont think it matters. once it turns green its not charging anymore.  as can be felt by the heat! a charging battery may go warm but once its been green fr a while its cold to the touch. so clearly nothings going on..

though i personally dont leave them overnight or anything! :D i have left them charging and not paying attention for hours at a time and then reseat it and carry on :)

best to probably keep an eye on it while trying to revive it though ;)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2011, 06:15:52 PM »

Pirpi's right - just keep reseating the battery until it goes red almost immediately (unless you need to leave it to cool a short while).  You then need to run it down in Pleo as the discharge part is important in the 'retraining' process as well.

NOTE: this advice applies to the green Ugobe NiMH batteries specifically, the egg charger and RB batteries are Li-Poly and behave differently.

Good luck!  :)

abbikinz

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2011, 01:54:42 PM »

Ive been looking at buying the Ucube Rechargeable Li-Poly Battery Packs and Egg Charger... But I cant find what version it works with. I have a Pleo rb and would hate to buy the battery and find out that it doesn't work with my brand. So can someone please clarify what version this battery works with. THANKS

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal