Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo's Hearing  (Read 23170 times)

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
Re: Pleo's Hearing
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 01:26:16 PM »

Next you'll try and convince us that pleos aren't actually alive!  ;)

lol :D

allosaurus

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 05:31:17 AM »

Next you'll try and convince us that pleos aren't actually alive!  ;)

I'll take oppostie side from Degers if that happens... Grr! Let round one begin! xD

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 10:51:56 PM »

I would say they like music our tv is next to table and if i put music on and sawdust is on the table he looks at the TV and dances!!!!! I'm sure some times  that he is real!!! He likes anything with bass :)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! What's wrong with you guys? Your serious? Pleo cannot tell what is music and what the type of sound it is, he cannot like or prefer things, or sounds, he is just programmed to do certain things? he is not a living pet and just a robot.  How can you emotional get attached to a machine?

It cannot think, but mimics certain events, so cannot react to certain music, seems you guys need a life? I used to read the same thing about Furbies and how people who owned them all claimed they did things they clearly could no do and was funny even claimed they had different personalities even though they all did the same thing. I have never read such rubbish about Pleo as these forums, just like I did with Furby.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 08:27:53 PM by mweed »

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2009, 12:06:29 AM »

Hi Denodan, Pleos don't have to be a living pet to enjoy. I for one love these little machines. If only all machines were as cute as our pleos.
Having two Furbys is a kick. You just can't turn them off when you want them to be quiet. ;D
I'm a little more optimistic then you about getting more updates in the future. Sometimes good things take a little longer.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2009, 02:59:15 AM »

You don't own a Pleo do you Denodan?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2009, 03:47:53 AM »

You don't own a Pleo do you Denodan?

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Yes I do, look at You Tube under denodan.

mdirch

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2009, 02:22:40 PM »

Hi Denodan, I agree with you that Pleo is just a machine which has been programmed to respond to outer stimuli in a certain way, but I also think that having a Pleo gets much more enjoyable if you allow yourself a little imagination. I think that whether people want to see their Pleo as a pet or a complicated machine is entirely up to them, and I'm sure that everyone no matter how attached they might be to their Ploes are aware that he's not real. I don't think, however, that you are right in talking to people on the forum as if you are so much better than everybody else. Exclamations like "you need to grow up" and "you guys need a life" are incredibly rude and if you really think people in this Forum are that full of rubbish you might try a different forum. Well, I didn't mean for this to be an angry post but I really don't like people putting others down like that. Whether they are right or wrong doesn't make a difference.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2009, 05:24:55 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJabysPLmps" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJabysPLmps</a>

And yet you say Pleo can't dance ;) Have a little imagination :) It doesn't hurt.

(PS. this was Denodan video)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 05:27:35 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2009, 08:25:05 PM »

. . .  and I hope his vulgarities have went far enough. Mweed, can you dispose of this potty mouth?

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, even if most of the members here would disagree.  As long as he isn't using profanity, obscenities, or attacking anyone personally, I don't see any reason to remove him or his posts.  Remember, gucci_boi, you were ready to obliterate PleoRoom when you thought they had deleted one of your posts . . .

But I would ask everyone to think about what they say, and try to avoid saying mean or cruel things.  It's all right to say you think pleos are stupid.  But it's another thing to say pleo owners are stupid . . .   There's no need for that.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2009, 09:37:25 PM »

-sighs- arghhh!! Okay Mweed, I suppose you're right. (Besides, it wouldn't hurt that this is your forum, and you have final say) It's just really offensive when someone comes in and has to be so incredibly obnoxious. Ugh, I apologize for my behalf, mindless sub-humans just bother me.
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2009, 09:41:20 PM »

"Remember, gucci_boi, you were ready to obliterate PleoRoom when you thought they had deleted one of your posts . . .
"

Tehehehehe.......yeah.....ha ha.....aw shucks! Ya had to throw that one in there, too didn'tcha? LOL (They really did delete it though). I suppose you're right though Mweed, nobody likes censorship. I suppose we should all be able to say as we wish, even if it's offensive. Sorry for just demanding...

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2009, 09:45:13 PM »

DId not say he can not dance, as my video shows he can, but what gets me, is like all the Fuby websites is people claiming they did things Furby could not and totally distorted Furby alltogther and totally unreal comments. I am finding that here also.

To say Pleo can dance to music by himself is rediculous, the only way he dances is the Xmas personaility. Does not seem very many serious people on here, but good to see some, t a lot are making wild claims and can make these forums childish in appearence. Been to many other robot sites where people are more serious and don't make outlandish claims and dressing their Pleos up like dolls.

To me this is rediculous and how are you to draw serious people into robotics into foums like these.

I have seem many a Furby websites killed by just silly remarks about Furbies.

Sorry if I offended anyone, never meant to, but I do find My Pleo fun, but not forgotten what he is or emotionally attached, to me he is a fun  robot and a very good one at mimicking life, but I don't lose the fact of what he is, a robot and no more.

I think to many outlandish claims as is appearing here will see Pleo in danger of just been seen as a kids toy and harm this and other Pleo foums as it did with Furby.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 09:49:59 PM by denodan »

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2009, 11:25:51 PM »

I would love to get some serious robotics/programing discussions going on pleo, but the biggest problem seems to be the lack of support on this from Ugobe.  No PDK, no technical data, no real input from the Ugobe development team.  At this point in time, there really isn't much to talk technically about.  And I fear that most of the real robotics people abandoned pleo a while ago, which is one of the factors that led to the demise of the PleoWorld forums.

Without even a new update to the OS to talk about, and unless Ugobe changes their stance and allows the robotics community to do with pleo what Ugobe originally promoted it to be  (an open platform for robotics development), I fear that a toy is all pleo will ever be.

For the first six months of the PleoWorld forums, all we had to talk about was what we imagined pleo would be.  Then, for the next year, we had pleo, and talked about what we wanted pleo to become.  So, for now, we talk about what pleo is.  And hope that things will change . . .

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2009, 11:48:03 PM »

*makes mental note to try Matilda with some loud music and film the results* Just to see  :-\

ScribbleMonkey

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2009, 12:00:01 AM »

Adding to what Grumpy is saying. For those of us that have been following Pleo from its initial announcement. What we ended up with is quite a bit different from what we were promised. Ugobe was specifically targeting the tech community Promoting Pleo as an open development platform for robotics. But there has been zero follow up to those promises. Ugobe has not even released any of its own tools. (YAPT,Skitter and Dino-MITE are all independently developed)  So if people come off as being overly negative toward the little dino, Its likely because pleo was promoted as being more then what it is.
(personally I feel downright lied to, and will NOT be purchasing any future Ugobe products if they ever come to pass)

I’m all for the fun stuff. I dig the cute pictures and dressed up Pleos. But, particularly on the Internet it can be difficult to  read people’s intensions. Truthfully I don’t know too many people that would pay upwards o 350$ to play pretend. A teddy bear would be just as effective, far cheaper and far more cuddly.

49er

• Journeypleo
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2009, 01:52:12 PM »

I mentioned in a prior post that I put Pleo in front of a speaker and he did move around and made sounds I wasn't familiar with.  What I propose is that we get a group of Pleos together, (I hear through the grape vine that there will be a gathering at Fisherman's Wharf March 28, (is it OK to mention it here mweed?)) get a good sound system going with some Techno-pop blasting and see if they form a Mosh Pit.  Maybe hoist one up and move him/her around.  Hopefully there won't be any head spinning. ;D

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2009, 02:51:13 PM »

. . . I hear through the grape vine that there will be a gathering at Fisherman's Wharf March 28, (is it OK to mention it here mweed?) . . .

Mention away!  I might even suggest starting a new topic to promote it!
Just don't be exchanging phone numbers or bank account info here in public. ;)  Safety first!

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2009, 04:38:11 PM »

Or much more simply you could just ask ugobe if pleo has beat detection currently implemented...

49er

• Journeypleo
  • Male
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2009, 08:54:38 PM »

I think at this time it would be easer to form a Mosh Pit than getting a reply from Ugobe. ::)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2009, 09:13:36 PM »

Mosh pit???? Never heard of this before. :-[

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2009, 12:09:53 PM »

LOL I am in agreement with 49er. I have had my Pleos on in front of jukeboxes in our bar, and they do dance!

Fancy- I think a mosh pit is at a head-banging rock concert. Where everyone jumps in and beats the living daylights out of eachother. Anyone know for sure? I could be wrong...

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2009, 04:48:53 PM »

ROFL They don't beat each other up (ok well they do sometimes) Its just a pit in front of the stage where you can totally rock out to the music :) I will crank up the stereo today and video the results :)

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2009, 05:19:10 PM »

49er explained what mosh pit is. I have heard of that but didn't know what it was called. Ear plugs please! ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2009, 07:47:08 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1SGkWvWFVo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1SGkWvWFVo</a>

Sorry about the sound quality, guess my camera doesn't like loud music although my birds sure do, you can hear them chirping :P Matilda could definitely hear the music, but it only made her upset and hungry :o

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2009, 08:26:56 PM »

Matilda looked very confused. I can just see the little motors spinning in her head. Try "Waltzing Matilda." I bet she'll like that song. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal