Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Neck Repair (With Pictures)  (Read 18001 times)

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
Re: Pleo Neck Repair (With Pictures)
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 08:22:49 AM »

Take a photo from pulled back showing the most of body of the pleo with an arrow pointing to the area that your close up is of and I will try to get you a photo of the right area.

kingdruid

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
    • The Lowrider Game
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 02:15:51 PM »

Ok will do.

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 10:57:11 AM »

I started the disassembly to be able to get the photos for you, and I am surprised how un-repair friendly the architecture really is.  In order to get down to the servos, did you take off the entire white plastic outer shell all the way down to the tail?  I was hoping that I could just take off the chest piece, but now it looks like I can't get it off without taking off the back part too.  Also, did you undue the skin around the feet and fully remove all the skin or just bend it back?  Do you have any photos of the entire pleo at the point where you can gain access to the relevant servos?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 07:42:49 AM by Echo »

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 12:46:26 PM »

kingdruid,
can you help me out?  I have unscrewed every screw in the white plastic shell and I stlll can't get the hard white plastic to lift out.  Is there a trick to it?  Do you have to unscrew any part of the tan plastic or the plastic on the legs???   Do you have a photo of the entire body with the hard white plastic off so I can see how much needs to be removed and where to get the hard plastic back pieces off?  Thanks.

kingdruid

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
    • The Lowrider Game
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 08:40:14 PM »

Sorry I haven't responded I got caught up on something.

So when disabling the top white piece I had a hard time also taking it off even after removing all the screws. What was holding mine together was the foam on the side. You have to get an X-acto blade and cut the foam down where the 2 pieces meet.

Part of the top piece is the black piece that holds the back and front of Pleo together. There is one screw that you take off then you can life it off of the white cover and move it back. From there you can remove the white cover.

You don't have to unscrew anything else other than that top piece. I didn't have to remove anything else to take it off.

I'll try to get some pictures for you right now.

kingdruid

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
    • The Lowrider Game
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2009, 08:51:49 PM »

Here are a couple of pictures. Circles are the screws that need to be removed for the cover to come off. I also put a line where you have to cut the foam. after you remove the screen on the black cover you have to life the black piece off of the white cover and move it back.

Echo

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2009, 01:19:46 PM »

Awesome photos!  Big thank you!  I missed the screw under the sensor.  After I saw you circled it, I found it and the top plastic popped off no problem.

Now, from the pulled back view please draw a line to where the servos are that you worked on and the pulley system route of the line that was broken in your pleo.  My pleo has the top and right pulley wires broken off and pulled out in multiple places so I can't see the path to get the servos to be able to restring.  Let me know where the place is that I should take a photo for you close up for comparison.  Thanks!

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 09:28:36 PM »

Thanks a lot for posting these...er...interesting pictures. They're good to have in case we ever need them. Personally I'm always really careful with my pleos so I've never had any problems, but me and my dad can use these if I do. :)
Thanks again :)
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal