Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dead Pleo - any final suggestions to check?  (Read 64 times)

InkyMortar

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
Dead Pleo - any final suggestions to check?
« on: October 13, 2020, 02:04:38 AM »

Hello all - it's been quite a few years since I was last on here; great to see the site is still active.  :)

I last posted in 2013 about Sidney: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php/topic,3523.msg51790.html#msg51790

Despite trying a few options at the time, nothing seemed to work and so he was put into a cupboard where he has remained. Despite needing the space, I've previously resisted from throwing him out as I always hoped there might be something else I could try to get him working again. I've spent time over the last couple of days looking through the forum here and thinking about what might help.

Yesterday I installed Windows XP onto a virtual machine and reinstalled Dino-MITE to check him out. I'm using a known working USB cable, and I know the virtual machine is successfully connected to the USB port. Sidney has a battery pack inside him (definitely flat, probably dead) to ensure all the connections are in place. Unfortunately there's absolutely no response, and Dino-MITE and Windows don't recognise that anything is connected.

I wondered whether wise sages on here might have any suggestions for things I could consider before sending him to the great dinosaur home in the sky.

Thanks

pnhicks

• Fossil savant
  • es Male
  • Pleo(s): None of mine stay in one piece long enough! :((
  • You can't break what's already broken!
Re: Dead Pleo - any final suggestions to check?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 09:40:50 AM »

Hi Inky,

Sorry I didn't see your new post until today for some strange reason it wasn't marked as new? 

Any way, not that I am a guru, but working with AdamE, we did find out (as Crewella pointed out in your original post), that for Dino-mite to work (with Ugobe Pleos) the pleo must have a "working battery" and the pleo must be on.

If your battery is totally flat (which sounds like it is) Dino-mite will not connect.

You can connect an 8 volt dc power supply (at least 1.5 Amp or larger) directly to the battery bay "springs" with insulated alligator clips.

That should let you get Dinomite running.

Cheers!

Peter

InkyMortar

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
Re: Dead Pleo - any final suggestions to check?
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 07:43:45 AM »

Thanks Peter - I'll borrow a transformer and have a go with it. I'll report back. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal