Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dead Pleo?  (Read 4969 times)

InkyMortar

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
Dead Pleo?
« on: January 04, 2013, 07:07:01 AM »

Hi all - it's been some time since I had Sidney out for a play and I thought I'd recharge him over Christmas. Unfortunately I've not managed to get so much as a peep out of him and suspect he may be dead. I'd welcome some advice. Here's what's happened and what I've tried so far:

Checked batteries in charger - I have one Ugobe and 2 Innovo batteries (the old style green/tan versions) and one of each charger. I've used the Innovo one to (a) do a standard charge and (b) do a full recycle charge with the orange light. All batteries are displaying the same on the standard charge: they glow red for a few hours and then go to flashing red. No green light appears. I've been gradually re-recharging the same one over a period of days in an attempt to build up its memory so I can get at least something out of Sidney.

Checked the connections in Sidney's belly - they all appear to be ok with no dirt but I've cleaned them gently anyway.

Tried Dino-Mite with the USB cable he came with. With or without a battery in him, my PC (Windows 7) doesn't recognise him being plugged in. Does he need a battery in for Dino-Mite to work?

I'm running out of ideas so anything you could suggest would be more than welcome. He has just been standing on a shelf, doesn't get mishandled at all and the batteries have been in a cupboard. One was even still in its original packaging unused.

I have seen a number of posts where people have said its usually a battery problem with Ugobe Pleos but given the complete lack of response from the above I'm wondering whether it's something more fundamental. I have thought about ordering a Ucube battery but that seems a little pointless at the moment. Is it viable to send him back to be examined/fixed?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Dead Pleo?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:04:36 AM »

Yep, Dinomite needs the battery n and the Pleo switched on.  :(

I really do think it's most likely a battery problem, so I would keep trying to nurse the batteries for a couple pf days, you might just get enough juice to run him briefly.  Just keep shoving them back in the charger (let them cool if they get hot).

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 06:00:35 PM »

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with anything but- somebody correct me if I'm wrong- but I believe Dinomite is thirty two bit and Windows seven is sixty four bit. I'm probably just muddling things even more. I hope you get your pleo working again.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 06:24:50 PM »

I think you may be right Talon.  I'm sure I heard somewhere that Dinomite only runs on Windows XP. 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 10:53:30 PM »

Dinomite runs fine on Win 7 32 bit.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

InkyMortar

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 01:04:10 PM »

Hi all - thanks for your replies so far. I'm in Manchester but travel down south regularly with work to Berkshire. I'll keep persevering with the batteries to see whether I can get some juice out of them (they haven't got remotely warm before the flashing red light appears so far). Whilst I'm on Win7, it's a 32-bit installation and I've used Dino-Mite before successfully on it.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 02:23:52 PM »

Let me know how you get on with the batteries.  :pray:  :moose:

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 07:03:14 PM »

good luck! batteries can be frustrating, whether it's waiting for a charge, the battery breaking, and the endless wait when they are being sent.
Derpity derp derp derp derp
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal