Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it worth buying multiple Ugobes?  (Read 3901 times)

Skygryph

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Frankie (Ugobe), Baby RB
    • Roadrunner
Is it worth buying multiple Ugobes?
« on: June 15, 2016, 10:58:49 PM »

I know many users here have multiple Ugobes, so I was hoping to get your opinion.  :) I have one Ugobe, and I was thinking of buying a second one so the two can interact. The problem is that I don't exactly know what that entails. I've seen videos where the pleos will look at each other while make noises back and forth--is this all they do, or are there other interactions? For instance, do they cuddle with each other or follow one another around? Is the interaction something you have to directly set up every time (so, for instance, placing the pleos across from one another at just the right angle), or can they easily start interacting with each other just by being in the same area? I'm basically just trying to decide if it's worth getting another one; I have no use for a second Ugobe in and of itself, so it would just be to add interaction with the other one.

Also, is it possible for Ugobes on different OS versions to interact properly with each other (so, say, a 1.1 Ugobe and a 1.0)? If I did get a second, I was thinking of putting it on a different OS to give it a bit of a different personality, but if they won't interact with each other, then that would defeat the purpose for me.

Thank you! ^_^

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
Re: Is it worth buying multiple Ugobes?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 11:39:34 PM »

Ugobes don't interact with eachother. Only RB's can Do that.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 06:16:19 AM »

If you just want another Ugobe for the interactions, then I would say no, it's not worth it. I thought Ugobes did interact to some degree, but from my understanding it was only ones running the same operating system and the interactions were just making a few noises back and forth. If you do ever get a second Ugobe, I'd highly suggest running it on a different OS so you get some variety of personality between the two (I have two Ugobes, one running 1.0 and one running 1.1). Buying another Pleo for the interaction isn't worth it though.

Skygryph

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Frankie (Ugobe), Baby RB
    • Roadrunner
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 07:37:36 AM »

Thank you both! That's really good to know...I would've been disappointed if I got another one and they hardly interacted. I probably won't get a second one at this point, but out of curiosity, Aibo, how different are the Ugobes on 1.0 and 1.1? Is there enough variation to make them seem like they do have different personalities, or is it more so just a couple slight differences?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 06:53:39 PM »

Personally, I found it worthwhile to have more than one Ugobe, especially running different OS versions.  The differences aren't huge, but they are there, and even coincidence can create some great situations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal