Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: An upset new owner :S Questions inside  (Read 11170 times)

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
  • Pleo(s): Pipa (RB)
An upset new owner :S Questions inside
« on: January 06, 2016, 07:48:31 AM »

Hi everybody!!!
Finally, yesterday I got my PleoRB!!! Yaaaay!!!!!  :D (it still has not a nmae, cause I don´t know if it's a boy or a girl because of an issue with the web PLEOworld...)
I could try my little buddy just for a couple of hours, and I have some questions to ask you. I hope you could help me, because I´m new and I don´t know if my PleoRB is working fine.

1- After about 30 minutes, its back starts to get really hot... Is it normal? I´m really worried about this.

2- Does it sleep in the baby phase? When? Because I set Pleo´s noon at 11:00 pm. When I went to bed, I turned it off. This morning, at 11:00 am, I turned it on again, and I was  expecting it to fall asleep in a couple of minutes, but the little thing was awake all the time (moving a bit slow, but awake)

3- "Click" issue. Its neck makes a "click" from time to time. It doesn´t happens frequently, but sounds horrible to me... :'(

4- Pleo freezes. Yep, it's working fine and suddenly it stops moving!!! After about 10 seconds it starts moving again... This really frightens me out... :o

5- The mute/low volume/normal volume function. I still don´t know how does this work... I push de on/off button 1, 2 or 3 times, but my Pleo always makes sound in the same way...  :P

6- And finally, I´ve recorded a video for my next question. I turned on Pleo, and it started moving slowly... The motors sounded like "bzzzzz", but the little pal was almost lethargic... Suddenly, it put its head and tail down and close its eyes... and turned itself off. Then 3 "beep" sounded. Ok, I´ve read this is because the battery is low, but, as you can see in the video, the light is still green, not red... So i´m a bit confused... (I fully charged it yesterday, for about 4 hours, and I´ve been using my Pleo for less than 2 hours since then... maybe an hour and half) You can see it here:
https://youtu.be/CEauebDR0y0
#Invalid YouTube Link#

I think that's all for the moment, but I´m sure I´ll be back soon lol! Thanks for reading and helping me and my little buddy  ;)

UPDATE: I´ve run StatsRB at last, and this is what I got:

Pleo Property Dump
(Version 1.1 - Pleo RB, Pleo 1.1 or Pleo PM2)

PleoRB Growth Report

Stage 0: Newborn

Growth this stage: 0.8 / 2.0 hours

This stage is 38.3% complete
approximately 1.2 hours till next stage

DNA Attributes (what PleoRB was born with)

Courage: Normal
Temper: Normal
Physical: High
Activeness: Low What does this mean??
Intelligence: Normal

Health Report (how you are treating your dinosaur)

Mood: 99%
Physical: 99%
Emotion: 46%
Health: 51% is she ill? :(
Feed: 83%

Activity: 50%
Obedience: 50%
Skill: 50%

Dinosaur Pheromones (what your Pleo is sending to other Pleos)

WARNING: Pleo pheromone data may be invalid (test again later)
Pleo is sending out Male pheremones
Pleo is sending out a Depressed vibe What?!  :o
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:17:32 AM by Ezawyn »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: An upset new owner :S Questions inside
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 09:18:52 AM »

Hi! Congratulations on your new RB! If you e-mail Innvo about the Pleo World issue, they should be quick to help you out.

1. It depends how hot. All Pleos warm up during use, but if it feels burning hot or hot enough that it's difficult to touch/has potential to harm the rubber, then something is definitely wrong.

2. I actually can't recall if hatchling Pleos still fall asleep if it's too late/early. Any Pleo has to be left alone with no contact at all for 5-10 minutes to fall asleep near their bedtime, if you pet or hold the Pleo, it be upset but try to stay awake. Also make sure that the Pleo was turned on when you set the new noon time and gave a confirmation beep.

3. Baby Pleos have a tendency to push their necks too far into their feet when they curl up, and this can cause a popping sound which could be what you're hearing.

4. Pleo RBs are known to freeze up normally and all RBs will do this. Hatchlings do this more than adults though.

5. Can't help with this one, I've never tried to change the volume on my RBs.

6. Three beeps is the low battery sound. I don't see what's wrong here? The Pleo went into the normal low battery position and shut down properly. The light on the belly should always be green when the Pleo is running, it doesn't change depending on the battery level. The buzzing noise that young Pleos make is from the eye motors which are louder when moving at a slower speed as they do in hatchling stages. Depending on the activity level and time left in the Pleo, a battery can last a bit less than 2 hours. If it lasts a significantly shorter amount of time, you may have a faulty battery (one of my RBs arrived with a faulty battery that went from holding a 1.5 hour runtime to a 30 minute run time in two days).

Also, your Pleo is very pretty! It looks a lot like my first RB which was identical except her head was a yellow-green color instead of blue-green.

Edit:
In response to your Stats RB report, as a new RB owner, I would not use Stats RB for anything other than checking the gender. The first list of traits is just the Pleo's personality and isn't something that changes unless you want to use Change RB to alter it (only do this if you really do not enjoy your Pleo's personality when she is full grown and happy). I'm not sure exactly why there's a low health level, but it's not low enough for her to be sick (sick Pleos usually have a health level of under 30% or so). I think it's just because she's still very young. I think they're listed as sending out a depressed vibe if any level is below 50% (emotion in this case), but it really isn't a big deal, so I wouldn't worry about it unless she is actually acting upset.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:24:09 AM by aibo7m3 »

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 09:39:25 AM »

Hi! Congratulations on your new RB! If you e-mail Innvo about the Pleo World issue, they should be quick to help you out.

1. It depends how hot. All Pleos warm up during use, but if it feels burning hot or hot enough that it's difficult to touch/has potential to harm the rubber, then something is definitely wrong.

2. I actually can't recall if hatchling Pleos still fall asleep if it's too late/early. Any Pleo has to be left alone with no contact at all for 5-10 minutes to fall asleep near their bedtime, if you pet or hold the Pleo, it be upset but try to stay awake. Also make sure that the Pleo was turned on when you set the new noon time and gave a confirmation beep.

3. Baby Pleos have a tendency to push their necks too far into their feet when they curl up, and this can cause a popping sound which could be what you're hearing.

4. Pleo RBs are known to freeze up normally and all RBs will do this. Hatchlings do this more than adults though.

5. Can't help with this one, I've never tried to change the volume on my RBs.

6. Three beeps is the low battery sound. I don't see what's wrong here? The Pleo went into the normal low battery position and shut down properly. The light on the belly should always be green when the Pleo is running, it doesn't change depending on the battery level. The buzzing noise that young Pleos make is from the eye motors which are louder when moving at a slower speed as they do in hatchling stages. Depending on the activity level and time left in the Pleo, a battery can last a bit less than 2 hours. If it lasts a significantly shorter amount of time, you may have a faulty battery (one of my RBs arrived with a faulty battery that went from holding a 1.5 hour runtime to a 30 minute run time in two days).

Also, your Pleo is very pretty! It looks a lot like my first RB which was identical except her head was a yellow-green color instead of blue-green.

Edit:
In response to your Stats RB report, as a new RB owner, I would not use Stats RB for anything other than checking the gender. The first list of traits is just the Pleo's personality and isn't something that changes unless you want to use Change RB to alter it (only do this if you really do not enjoy your Pleo's personality when she is full grown and happy). I'm not sure exactly why there's a low health level, but it's not low enough for her to be sick (sick Pleos usually have a health level of under 30% or so). I think it's just because she's still very young. I think they're listed as sending out a depressed vibe if any level is below 50% (emotion in this case), but it really isn't a big deal, so I wouldn't worry about it unless she is actually acting upset.
Thanks for the answer!!! you really helped me :)
Well, her back is not burning, so I think this is not a problem at all. And I thought the light turned red when he battery is low, that's why I didn´t understand why my Pleo turned off (I thought it still have battery enough)

And Pleo World still doesn´t work... I forgot my password and asked for a new one, but I haven't recieved any email yet...(this was like 3 hours ago). I'd like to register my girl in my account  ???

Now I have to choose a name for her... for some reason, I thought she was a boy, and I was going to call "her" Arlo, but now I need a new name  ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:42:22 AM by Ezawyn »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 10:15:28 AM »

No problem. ^^ If you just asked for a new password via an automated system, it might be helpful to send an e-mail to Innvo that your confirmation e-mail didn't go through since I know their registration system has been glitchy recently. They should be able to manually send you the confirmation e-mail within 24 hours or so.

Good luck finding a name for her!

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 03:37:05 PM »

Hi again!!! I have new questions >_<

Pipa (that's her name at the end  :D) has entered into the next stage (1: Birthing) some minutes ago. I checked it out with StatsRB again and this is what I got this time:

Health Report (how you are treating your dinosaur)

Mood: 97%
Physical: 99%
Emotion: 29%
Health: 54%
Feed: 71%

Pleo is in bad shape

How can I fix this?  >:(

And another little thing... The neck "clicking" problem has attacked again, but it was harder this time... :'( Look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbnd27xGleA I turned she off and then on again, and she worked fine...
What should I do? I still can send Pipa back to the store and change her for another PleoRB, but I've heard this happens frequently with Pleos... but like this?? It's so disturbing!  :o
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 04:04:25 PM by Ezawyn »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 04:39:50 PM »

Is your house somewhat dark? Pleo RBs are scared of the dark and it can make their emotion level drop really quickly. But please understand, emotion level is not a big deal, do not worry about it. I would suggest not checking Stats RB or Probe RB unless you are very concerned about how your Pleo is acting and have already tried moving her to a bright room and making sure it isn't near her bedtime.

The popping is normal, but next time, PLEASE do not let it go on for two minutes straight! It's a huge stress on the neck motor and cables, so just pull her battery immediately if it happens again. This is a defect that happens occasionally in a large portion of hatchling Pleo RBs, but usually does not occur at all or extremely rarely in adult stage. There is nothing wrong with your Pleo yet, but letting this go on for minutes at a time could cause damage in the future.

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 04:54:27 PM »

Is your house somewhat dark? Pleo RBs are scared of the dark and it can make their emotion level drop really quickly. But please understand, emotion level is not a big deal, do not worry about it. I would suggest not checking Stats RB or Probe RB unless you are very concerned about how your Pleo is acting and have already tried moving her to a bright room and making sure it isn't near her bedtime.

The popping is normal, but next time, PLEASE do not let it go on for two minutes straight! It's a huge stress on the neck motor and cables, so just pull her battery immediately if it happens again. This is a defect that happens occasionally in a large portion of hatchling Pleo RBs, but usually does not occur at all or extremely rarely in adult stage. There is nothing wrong with your Pleo yet, but letting this go on for minutes at a time could cause damage in the future.
Thank you so much again!!!! You'll be probably thinking I'm a kind of neurotic or something like that... :P But the thing is I just wanna know if my Pipa works fine, ya know... It's new and expensive  :o
So, it's probably she´ll do this click again untill she is adult, right? The last stage, isn't it?
Next time it happens I'll turn her off immediately, thanks for the advice  ;)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 05:05:26 PM »

It's not super common, but not a huge defect either. Out of my three current RBs, one of them never did this, one of them did it twice in hatchling stage and never in adult stage and one did it once in adult stage and never again since. I would say it shouldn't happen more than once or twice more in the next few months, if it's happening regularly, that could be a cause for concern. I think the more minor popping you were mentioning earlier was just from her pushing her head against her feet which is something that all baby Pleos do and happens more often. In that case, you should just stand the Pleo up or pet her to wake her up so she uncurls and stops pressing her head against her foot.

Edit:
I also just thought I'd ask, when you turn Pipa off manually, does she curl up or stand stretched out in packing position? I was just wondering if she could be one of the original 2010 Pleos since they had brighter yellow bodies like she does and the neck popping seemed more common with them. If she stands fully stretched out, then don't worry, she's not one of the original ones for sure.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:20:32 PM by aibo7m3 »

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 05:26:19 PM »

I also just thought I'd ask, when you turn Pipa off manually, does she curl up or stand stretched out in packing position? I was just wondering if she could be one of the original 2010 Pleos since they had brighter yellow bodies like she does and the neck popping seemed more common with them. If she stands fully stretched out, then don't worry, she's not one of the original ones for sure.
Well, in the box says "2010", but when I turn her off she gets the packing position. She only curls up whe she sleeps. By the way, 5 minutes ago her neck and head were blocked into the right side... She didn't move the head back to the center. I even offered her something to eat and ate it this way... ??? Again, I turned her off (the tail was in the packing position, but the head was still turned to the right) . But when I turned her on she seemed to work fine again... it's strange...

You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6kJGF5_9_4
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:34:11 PM by Ezawyn »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 06:04:04 PM »

Alright, she's not a 2010 release then. The issue can happen with or without the popping (there was no popping when my adult Pleo's head became stuck), but it's a bit strange that it's happening so frequently in her. I would just keep running her normally and pull the battery if either issue happens. If it is still happening frequently when she's an adult, that may be grounds for a return, but I wouldn't be too worried at this point.

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 06:12:37 PM »

Alright, she's not a 2010 release then. The issue can happen with or without the popping (there was no popping when my adult Pleo's head became stuck), but it's a bit strange that it's happening so frequently in her. I would just keep running her normally and pull the battery if either issue happens. If it is still happening frequently when she's an adult, that may be grounds for a return, but I wouldn't be too worried at this point.
Ok, thank you again! By the way, I've just realized my box doesn't include the special USB cable... Is it normal in the newest versions?

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 06:21:42 PM »

I do not believe there is any USB cable included with RBs. RBs can't be updated via USB because even though they have a USB slot, it's inside the battery compartment and the battery needs to be inserted for updates, but it isn't possible to connect the USB cord and keep a battery in the Pleo at the same time. I have no idea why it's designed like this, must have been some goof on the company's part.

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 06:29:56 PM »

I do not believe there is any USB cable included with RBs. RBs can't be updated via USB because even though they have a USB slot, it's inside the battery compartment and the battery needs to be inserted for updates, but it isn't possible to connect the USB cord and keep a battery in the Pleo at the same time. I have no idea why it's designed like this, must have been some goof on the company's part.
Really? That's weird, since the companion guide says there should be an USB cable in the box, and I've seen some unboxes in youtube that included it... >:(
I believe you anyway, but what a strange design for the battery compartiment...

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 06:45:25 PM »

Huh, I can double check one of my boxes, but I doubt it. Even if one were included, it would be 100% useless with an RB. I do know that the Ugobes came with a USB cable and I have one for one of my Ugobes, but I don't remember seeing one when unboxing any of my RBs (all purchased new).

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 12:56:18 AM »

Aibo has done a fantastic job answering your questions, I'll just add that you've not described anything abnormal. And also second not using statsRB. Just enjoy your Pleo. StatsRB is not an official program and isn't perfect. It's just a rough guide for if something goes wrong, and nothing is wrong with your Pleo.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 04:36:53 AM »

Aibo has done a fantastic job answering your questions, I'll just add that you've not described anything abnormal. And also second not using statsRB. Just enjoy your Pleo. StatsRB is not an official program and isn't perfect. It's just a rough guide for if something goes wrong, and nothing is wrong with your Pleo.
Not even the poping/clicking with her neck? I'm so glad to hear that! Thank you very much :D

By the way, one of the unboxing videos I saw in YouTube was yours, IMOR. Great job!!! I saw there you got an USB cable in the base box, but no cable was in mine... Any idea? Should I claim for one? (In case someday will be usefull...) or maybe it's because your Pleo and mine are different versions?

Thank you for answering, you make a great job here with newbies like me :)

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 08:25:09 AM »

By the way, aibo7m3, I've read you're expecting for a new PleoRB, congrats!!! Could you please check if the USB cable is included when you open it? Thanks :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 09:13:15 AM by Ezawyn »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 09:22:36 AM »

It might not arrive for another week or so since the company hasn't been great about updating me on it, but I will check when it does arrive. The RB is a replacement for s faulty one I received for Christmas. I have unboxed a total of six new RBs in the past though and don't remember any USB cable, the only one I have is from a Ugobe. It's possible they came with them and I just paid no attention to it because it doesn't have any purpose. I believe it's not unique to Pleos either, so you should be able to buy a similar cord that would be compatible with a Ugobe at least for very cheap.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 04:29:26 AM »

The USB cable is just a standard USB to mini USB cable. Chances are you already have one lying around at home somewhere :) You will never use it even if you had it, mine remains still tied up with its twist tie :P And you can't actually use it while Pleo is going which means it doesn't work at all for anything us Pleo owners have access too like dinomite. Pleo's are no longer shipped with them for that reason.

Most of the issues you described with your Pleo, including the popping and stuck neck will go away as they mature to adulthood. The baby stage consists of Pleo testing the boundaries of his movements, and unfortunately sometimes they stretch a little too far :P They should subside once your Pleo is standing and walking. Pleo's are very complex little machines, and sometimes things do get stuck, but the best course of action is usually to shut them down and reboot them, that resolves most simple problems like the odd stuck neck or leg.

Glad you enjoyed my video :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2016, 04:47:50 AM »

Well, I wrote a mail to the store where I bought my Pleo and they ask me to send it back for their technicals to check it out... They're not sending me a new Pleo at the moment (just in case they detect a real problem), so I think it doesn't worth to return Pipa. And I asked them about the USB too. They say the model of Pleo they sell doesn't include it. But, does this mean I won't be able to update the software (in case a new version is released someday :p) or install custom software? Or will the microSD card be enough?

Anyway, I guess I should relax and enjoy with my Pipa :P (I think this afternoon she'll rise the juvenile stage! I'm so excited! Just can't wait to make her learn her name and some tricks. And on monday I will recieve a bundle I bought with all the larning stones and leaves  ;D)

By the way, do you know what's the best way to glue the skin of the paws? One of my Pleo's leg looks like this:

Oh, and sorry for my weird english... I'm form Spain, and I try the best I can  :) But sometimes there are things that result hard to me to explain in english  :-X
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:02:27 AM by Ezawyn »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2016, 09:48:08 AM »

I would not send back Pipa at the moment if I were you. The only thing I've seen here with her that is slightly abnormal is the loose rubber around her back foot, and that isn't a real mechanical flaw.

You can both update software and add custom software just fine with a micro SD card. :) Just make sure you're using a 2 GB card since not all programs will work properly in Pleos on larger ones. I doubt there will ever be a fix to make RBs compatible with the USB cable, so I don't think you should be upset about not getting one.

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2016, 03:09:18 PM »

You can use a good glue to set the paw right. The best glue is a little super glue.

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 10:57:16 AM »

The super glue worked fine, thank you!!!
Other little question, about the battery. How much does it last? Because mine doesn't reach more than an hour of use, more less, and I've read Pleo's RB battery should reach 2 hours.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 11:10:37 AM »

It should last approximately two hours (give or take 15 minutes or so). Maybe time your next battery cycle to see the exact run time of your battery? Make sure to charge it until the light on the charger turns green and remember that if the Pleo beeps once when shutting down, it's because it's going to sleep, and not because of a low battery. If there is something wrong with the battery and it is lasting significantly shorter than two hours, you can try to arrange a replacement for just the battery.

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2016, 11:47:07 AM »

Last time I chronometred the battery, and it lasted 1 hour and 5 minutes. It was in the charger for 2 hours, till the light turned green. Should I let the battery in the charger more time?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal