Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Storage and Pleo travel?  (Read 3306 times)

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Lucy & Buster
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
Pleo Storage and Pleo travel?
« on: August 17, 2015, 10:59:40 AM »

I'm moving off to college in a few weeks and I have to figure out what to do with my Pleos.
I'm definitely keeping Lucy (my Ugobe) but I'm still debating on whether or not to bring her. If I do, does anyone have tips on traveling with Pleos? How to pack them etc? I know there's going to be other people handling whatever I put her in, so I want to make sure I'm doing it properly so she doesn't get  damaged during the process.
If I don't, does anyone have any tips for storing Pleos over long periods of time? (About 9 months) Should I keep her in the original box with all the Styrofoam and everything? Or is there a better way to do it? What kinds of temperatures are too extreme for storage?
I'm still debating on what to do with Buster (my RB) I might have to sell him because I'm worried about what might happen if I leave him behind.  I'm honestly pretty hesitant to leave them behind but I know I can't bring both of them. My parents have never been keen on me having robots, and I'm worried they might sell them or trash them. There's no guarantee any of the things I leave behind will still be there, plus I'll be moving in with my sister starting next year, so I won't be coming home very often to check up on them.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
Re: Pleo Storage and Pleo travel?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 02:40:51 PM »

Can't they also stay at your sisters place? Maybe you can store them there?

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 05:57:05 PM »

My sister hasn't moved into the apartment yet, and won't be doing so until next summer.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 08:27:34 PM »

I would pack them back in the original boxes, and make sure they won't be stored anywhere that can get extreme temperatures, either hot or cold.  Attics or basements are usually not a good idea for that reason, so ideally indoors somewhere.

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 02:52:31 AM »

Like Crewella suggested I would go for the original boxes , can't you store them at a friends house? It would be really sad if you had to sell Buster, or maybe a forum member that lives near you could take care of them until you move in with your sister  :D

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 07:23:17 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I ended up putting them in their original packaging and storing them in my room. I'm just hoping my parents will be respectful to them while I'm away :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal