Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing the Miposaur :)  (Read 5475 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Introducing the Miposaur :)
« on: July 27, 2015, 07:09:39 PM »

I've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this little one, and after postage delays and missing the delivery s/he is finally here!

I don't know too much about these guys, and sadly this is an insanely busy week so I shan't have too much time to get to know him or her until mid next week. But they sound cool as anything on the box :P Of course boxes never lie... (except Furby Furbling boxes) hehe, but I look forwards to trying this little bot out and seeing what it can do :)

They are made by WowWee, and are compatible with various other WowWee bots. The box boldy proclaims that you can train, tame and game (there's a free app with it), take on old friends and drive and battle!

It also claims it responds to your hands, the track ball you can see in the photo or the app, and may or may not obey depending on mood. The ball itself can be used to change the dinos mode and has multiple transmitters so the connection doesn't drop everytime it rolls over. I think its the first time I've seen the ball itself be robotic as well as the dino.

I will post my initial thoughts after I get it started up and have read through the manual :)

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Introducing the Miposaur :)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 07:16:53 PM »

Ok, just saw the title of the post and the picture you posted. so I guess you did open it.. LOL Now for you to read that manuel and show us what it can do.. Is it a birthday present. if so where did you get it? How big is it compared to Pleo? Is it a metallic black color? Does it come in any colors, if so what ?
                   What was the price like, and what are your initial impressions, would you recommend it and how does it compare not just to pleo , but the other "robot" dinosaurs that have recently shown up? Oh, and is it scary, realistic sounding.. or ? P:) P8) P:-X

RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo  P:) township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 07:29:05 PM »

Just sorting out the batteries, its not rechargeable, takes 4 AA batteries and 4 AAA it seems. Not sure I have any AAA's about :( Have loads of AA.

It's a birthday present to myself lol, it was $129 Australian, so expect the $100 mark in the US. It only comes in the one colour here and I've not seen any others yet, its not a metallic black.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 07:42:07 PM »

Miposaur seems to have three basic moods, courious, excited and annoyed with different interactions possible for each one, the trackball adds a further six modes and I've not yet opened the app, so it seems to come with a decent amount of content for the price point.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 07:58:52 PM »

Very cool! You'll have to let me know what you think about it after you've spent more time with it! I saw this bot at a store a couple weeks ago and I really like the design, but after reading more info on it, I decided I was better off saving the money for more advanced bots. Price in the US (where I saw it) is $119.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 08:12:52 PM »

I'll try and get a video done in a bit after I get used to the fiesty little gal :P I've decided she is a girl :) Not sure of the name yet though.

Initial impressions: (I will compare mostly to the Zoomer Dino since it is a similar price point and design)

She's very fast, on par with the Zoomer Dino.
Loads of content, there's the possibility of doing some pretty neat tricks. Far more than Zippy my Zoomer is capable of.
The app is remininscient of the Furby Boom app, not as much content, but easy to use and there's certainly enough in there to amuse kids for a good while.
Handcontrols work very well and the obastacle detection is exceptional (so long as its high enough). Again better than Zippy.
The ball adds some really neat tricks to the mix, detection seems to be a little hit and miss at times, but Mipo does seem to have a pretty good field of detection.
The speakers are awful :P

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 01:16:09 AM »

http://youtu.be/KkCn0gMzQws

Please excuse my house :P I had some furniture arrive yesterday and there is stuff piled everywhere while I sort it out :P
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:21:05 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Piggy

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 04:24:00 AM »

Wow, cool video  ;) she is really fast  :o

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 09:40:36 AM »

Thank you for the very detailed video! Wow, the sounds it makes are really odd! I was expecting it to sound, well, more dinosaur-like. I think I'd like it more if it sounded more like some of WoWee's older dinosaur robots, but it still doesn't seem like a bad toy for the price point.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 10:19:52 AM »

That's pretty complex for a toy I must say! I like all the different content. Anyway I don't think it's supposed to sound like a dinosaur. It's sort of a different morph of the mip robot. To me it sounds like Animal the moppet.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 10:39:56 AM »

Sorry for posting twice but I'm sick and feeling blah so I'm not going to edit my previous one. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for posting the Youtube link rather than using flash! My browser is now insisting that it will no longer use this "old plugin" and it will not even show me a video is present any other way so thanks again!
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 06:20:58 AM »

Lol, that was rather accidental Talon, my iPad only brings up the new style YouTube link which doesn't work with the code here on the forum to embed the video and I've been too lazy to boot up my Mac and fix it :P But I'll make a note of that in the future and always include the link for you.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 09:32:19 AM »

Thanks! If Echo500 is still around both of us will probably benefit. I'm really cheap and still running on Vista so when this machine finally dies, this may not be a problem but in the meantime, it is greatly appreciated.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 04:17:08 PM »

Talon, just wanted to comment that I think you are having similar computer problems then I am and Windows better improve their "video" plug ins, etc, soon,I am getting tired of so many problems,           

IMR, thanks for the video, it looks different then I imagined and the biggest problem or negative thing I can see or have heard of is one you commented on ,which is that it has crappy or bad speaker quality, I have been so far behind in what is new and never even heard of this or the other one. I only just got used to the other Dino on wheels which came out after Christmas. I look forward to hearing and seeing more from you on Miposuar...................RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 01:30:55 PM »

I'm interested in this robot "pet". How's it doing? Thank you!
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 01:55:43 AM »

Mippy went to work today, the kids loved her! I snuck her into the room at lunchtime while all the kids were sitting down eating, I had her ball set to follow hidden in my hand so it looked like she was following me around the room. Then I set it to hunt and sent it rolling across the room, she zoomed after it under tables and right across the room with no issues. The kids weren't sitting eating so quietly after that lol, I got her to bring the ball back by setting her to nudge it and she finished off showing off a dance lol. They loved waving their hands at her head and watching her react and her obstacle detection really is excellent, she even wove around table and children's legs with no troubles. She got grumpy at having kids pull on her tail and went on a snapping rampage lol, was very funny.

Still nowhere near the personality of a Pleo, but miles above the Zoomer Dino and cheaper to boot.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 08:53:05 AM »

Wow! Sounds like a fun robot! How relyable is the follow feature? *Smile* I think it would be fun to have a robot on a leash. The "Come here" command doesn't work half the time with the Aibos if they can't see your face and if you get your hand more than eight inches away from Zoomer's chest he loses interest in trying to stay with you.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 03:59:40 PM »

I'm five foot tall, so I had the ball at two and a half feet off the ground and she was following that fine, if you stop she 'sits' and waits. It has to be above her head though it seems, else she spins around looking for it, although the other modes work fine along the ground so they have programmed it to be a 'leash' and to be held above her.

Piggy

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 12:32:59 AM »

Sounds the kids had a fantastic day when you brought Miposaur with you  ;D In your video it looks really cool and something kids would love a lot . How many other robots besides pleo's do you have ? He looks really cool !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal