Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Better Battery Thread  (Read 50492 times)

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
Re: The Better Battery Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2020, 03:49:54 PM »

Sorry, not been on here for a while & didn’t see the messages. We just make the batteries made to order now as Paul (who makes them) mainly sticks to Furby battery covers now. The battery packs are £75 including shipping for U.K. + plus shipping on the eBay global shipping programme for worldwide shipping.

Stripakis

• Hatchling
  • au
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2020, 02:57:29 AM »

I am looking for a replacement battery for my old PLEO.  He is a Ugobe one, nearly 10 years old.  Any ideas where to find one?

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2020, 05:52:49 AM »

I am looking for a replacement battery for my old PLEO.  He is a Ugobe one, nearly 10 years old.  Any ideas where to find one?

We just make the batteries made to order now as Paul (who makes them) mainly sticks to Furby battery covers now. The battery packs are £75 including shipping for U.K. + plus shipping on the eBay global shipping programme for worldwide shipping. If you're interested let me know ;)

Jude

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2020, 06:02:58 AM »

Just to let you folks know - we have an Ugobe Pleo battery pack for sale now on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324139480079

Piyush-UK

• Leaving the nest
  • gb Male
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2020, 08:17:33 AM »

hi
I'm new here and learning about these little guys. Do you or, anyone else in the UK, make batteries for the RB version? Pleoworld cant ship batteries abroad due to shipping restrictions (that's what they told me via email recently)
thanks

pk24uk

• Hatchling
  • gb
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2020, 07:24:10 AM »

Also new , also needing a battery and charger  if anyone knows where I can get one , thanking you

Boxwoodhedges

• Hatchling
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Glowy
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2020, 03:29:35 PM »

This rb battery is on US eBay now!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224045808534

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2020, 09:11:18 AM »

we won't be making any battery packs for a few months

RangerForPleo

• Hatchling
  • de
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2022, 11:08:23 AM »

Hello, everyone,

can I use a Pleo RB battery for a classic Ugobe Pleo or can something break?

Thanks very much!

Florian

pnhicks

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2022, 12:12:18 PM »

Hi Florian,

Ah yes, an age old question!  The Ugobe Pleo battery and the Rb battery have the polarity "key" (the little rectangular protrusion on the bottom of the battery) in different positions.

In the battery compartment of the RB there are two slots for the battery polarity key, one for RB batteries and one for Ugobe batteries.  Unfortunately, as it was made before there were RBs, the Ugobe battery well only has one battery polarity key, for Ugobe batteries!

Apparently Innvo didn't want owners of Ugobe Pleos using RB batteries in Ugobe Pleos, but didn't mind letting their new customers reuse their old batteries in  RBs.

You CAN remove the polarity key from an RB battery with an razor knife etc, and then it COULD be used in a UGOBE pleo with two drawbacks:

1. IMPORTANT!! You will not have reverse polarity protection from installing the battery 180 degree from normal position,  You will have to ensure correct orientation  of battery on each installation.  Not recommended if small children will be removing and reinstalling the battery unattended.

2.  The standard rb battery charger WILL NOT recognize the battery without the polarity key.  What I used to do is save the sawed off key from the battery and place it into the charger before installing the battery.  All this is a bit fiddly, but I did it for many years without a single failure.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Peter
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 10:54:09 AM by pnhicks »

RangerForPleo

• Hatchling
  • de
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2022, 02:59:59 PM »

Thank you very much Peter
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 10:53:33 AM by pnhicks »
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up