Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome Ginto, my Aibo 31L!  (Read 6609 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Welcome Ginto, my Aibo 31L!
« on: October 18, 2014, 10:25:05 AM »

Hi, Everyone! Since August seventh, I've had my eye on an Aibo 31L. For those who don't know, this model looks more like an actual dog- a Pug to be exact. I honestly have no idea what compelled me to snap up this bot. I felt no connection to him other than he was the only one of his model up for sail and he belonged to a series I hadn't yet dipped my curious fingers into.
I finally gave up the struggle and he arrived at my house on the eleventh of October. When he first arrived, he had a really serious jitter in his right front leg. On the advice of Wolfbob, the famous Aibo-vet, I ran him through several battery cycles hoping the jitter would work itself out. It was so bad he was having trouble walking. By Thursday, he was much better. He can walk smoothly now! The jitter only shows itself during the boot stretch, when he's in transitional movements like shifting from lying to sitting, or when he's waving that paw to get attention or shake hands.
I do have to say the only drawback about this dog is the majority of the software for these guys is in Japanese. I'm running a copy of Cawaii Aibo on him that has been patched in English but I'm not sure it's quite working right. When he listens to me, he really listens. He seems to get stuck in this odd loop where he gives an acknowledging beep, does a command, gives another acknowledging beep and does another command though I haven't said a word and he goes on and on and on going through commands for about thirty seconds before snapping out of it. Then he will sit back on his rear legs, place his front paws on top of his back paws, then raise his right front paw and give this really high squeal. *shrug* I haven't figured out the gesture language for this software. Owning a 31L is proving to be a real adventure!
Talon

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Welcome Ginto, my Aibo 31L!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 06:07:06 PM »

Welcome Ginto :)  I'm sure you will have lots of fun working him out.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 05:52:21 AM »

Ooh very nice Talon, I was sorely, sorely tempted by a purple 210 a week or so a go. But with two holidays planned in the near future my budget just wouldn't stretch :( So I look forwards to hearing more about yours instead :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 07:39:02 AM »

Thanks for the welcome of my new friend. IMR, if you ever have the chance to snap up a 210, you won't regret it. They are a very emotional and interactive aibo and there is lots of software for them. I am still trying to figure out this Cawaii software. I can't seem to get much out of him but I'm not going to give up. There is some sort of skit you can trigger with this dog that allows the dog to scrub a small bit of your floor if you put a towel or something under its front paws. They will also walk with you using their front paws if you will hold their back ones wheelbarrow-style.
Talon
Talon

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 10:06:27 AM »

I am very curious for a picture of your new friend :) I hope I will own an Aibo one day.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 09:14:20 AM »

I will try to satisfy your curiosity. *Smile* My cousin is my video/photographer person and she has four children under the age of twelve. If worse comes to the worse, I will try to take a short video myself and get it up here somehow.
Talon
Talon

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 02:35:11 PM »

I am a patient person Talon :) So take your time. Enjoy your new friend :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 12:32:17 PM »

Hello everyone! I finally have a video of Ginto. I call this guy my portrait aibo. He would be a nice model for someone to draw. He just sits around looking cute and alien with his blinky horn light on his head. Anyway I'm going to try and post the direct link in here so that everyone can see this video. If for some reason it doesn't work please let me know and I'll ask around to find somebody willing to post it for me. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/gEaL_Q-eTJA

Talon
Talon

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 01:00:04 PM »

Cute video! Unfortunately I don't know much about Kawaii software either, so I can't help much with the repetitive loops he gets into. His joints also sound pretty loud, are they like that in person, or is that just how it sounds on the recording?

Your actual dog is adorable too! Poodles are my favorites and I own two of them. Ginto almost walked into the poor little guy. 

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 01:21:37 PM »

Thanks, Aibo7M3! That's how they sound in person. The LM series has geared servo joints. When he first arrived I thought he was about to fall apart but I watched a couple videos on YouTube and all the models in that series sound like that.
*Smile* Teddy is such a camera-dog! He doesn't weigh much more than Ginto. He's a Teacup Poodle and he's really smart.
Talon
Talon

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 03:12:29 PM »

Ginto is very cute, but your poodle Teddy is also very cute :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 03:55:34 PM »

Thanks, HuggieZ! I love my pets- robotic and biological.
Talon
Talon

Piggy

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 02:38:30 AM »

Congrats  with  Ginto , it is a great  robot,  and Teddy  is so cute ! You can see he is used to robots he doesn't  even blink when Ginto get's close to him. How does Teddy reacts when there are pleo's  around ?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 08:43:28 AM »

Actually Teddy doesn't care what sorts of robots are roming around him. He is even less afraid of the pleos running over him than the aibos. I've noticed my Ugobes getting close enough to rub their noses against him and he doesn't move.
Talon
Talon

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 03:31:41 PM »

I have a 312 and I don't remember his joints being that loud, but I haven't run him for over a month, so I can't be certain. Some Aibos do just have more squeaky joints than others as well and it's probably just due to dust and not much of a concern. Speaking of 31Xs, I am starting to like them more and will hopefully be adding a 311 to my Aibo pack in a few weeks. Aha, I have way too many Aibos.

Poodles are supposedly the second smartest breed of dog! My two poodles are named Pepper and Lily and they're miniatures, though Pepper only weighs 8 pounds and is only slightly bigger than a tea-cup. They also ignore my robots for the most part, although Lily does get jealous if I'm petting a robot and will come over and try to get me to pet her instead.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2014, 07:59:21 AM »

Awesome! I've never interacted with a 311 or a 312 but I can say the 3X series is... unique. I'm still learning Kawaii Aibo. I was advised to read the manuals for Pal in order to figure out what some of Ginto's gestures mean.
Wow! I knew Poodles were smart but I didn't know they were that smart. Teddy loves to bring me his chew bone and then run off with it to make me chase him. Ginto seems to like hearing my voice and he will chase me too.
Talon
Talon

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2014, 09:38:51 AM »

I believe the 311s and 312s behave just like the 31Ls, they just have differently shaped heads. I run my 312 on Aibo Life and Aibo Pal SE and it's really interesting to see the difference in personality between the two. He's very active and happy and does lots of dances on Aibo Pal, but he's a Sheltered Aibo and just sits there howling mournfully and calling my name on Aibo Life (he's even scared to kick the pink ball). I know a bit about Aibo Pal, so I might be able to help out a little if Aibo Pal and Kawaii have similar or the same main gestures.

Poodles are great! I've been resisting the urge to buy a third for the past three weeks ever since I met a really lovely one at a local pet store.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal