Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pepper only walks backwards  (Read 6807 times)

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
Pepper only walks backwards
« on: October 11, 2014, 09:31:16 AM »

My lovely Pleo Pepper is only walking backwards. I checked his camera, but I can't see or find anything unusual. Does anyone know what I can do about it? I really hope I can help him, because he loves exploring  :'(

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pepper only walks backwards
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 01:06:09 PM »

Can you post a short video of Pepper walking at the start so we can see if we see anything out of the ordinary. You also may want to take out his foot battery and reinstall it, or run Probe Rb to see if anything shows up. I do not know what else to do, but I have seen my pleos do this, but not only backwards. others will have suggestions I am sure.

RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 06:23:28 PM »

A short video would be a big help for us to see just what is going on.  How old is he?  Has he reached mature adult stage yet?  What kind of flooring/surfaces do you run him on?

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 12:06:34 AM »

I will post a video today. Pepper has reached adult state. I run my Pleo's every day. I have a wooden floor. My Pleo's can move around the house very easy. Yesterday Pepper walked forward a little bit.

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 02:30:36 AM »

Did Pepper always walk backward ? My Lucky started walking forward when she was mature. Does the camera think there is  something blocking his path and this is why he walks only backward? And how old is he , do you have the lights on ? It are very obvious questions  but maybe they help  :D Did you try standing in front of him and clapping your hands ?Mine will depending on there mood will walk toward the noise .

Hoi, liep Pepper altijd al zo ? Hoelang is hij volwassen want bij mijn Lucky  duurde het echt een tijd voordat ze vooruit liep. Misschien ziet de camera een obstakel  en loopt hij daarom achteruit, schaduw kan al genoeg zijn. Is de kamer fel verlicht? Heb je al geprobeerd  om voor Pepper  te staan en in je handen te klappen?  Vaak lopen ze naar het geluid toe.

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 02:15:57 PM »

I can not post a video. I will post one when I am home, I am a week on holiday :)
So I'll try to explain.
Pepper is in adult stage and he had normal behaviour. He did not alwaar walked backwards. He loves to explore and he normally walks more than Angel. But now Pepper behaves like there is something in front of him. He also makes these noises before walking backwards. He gets enough food every day. I checked his camera, but I cannot see any strange things on or in front off his camera.
Maybe this gives you an idea?

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 05:20:19 PM »

You could try giving his camera lens a clean using a cue tip just give it a gentle rub to ensure there is no dirt or smear marks on the camera lens that could be making him think there is something in his way.
Just as a thought how is his head and neck?  Does his head hang down a lot - does it have the full range of movement?  A pleo who has a broken neck will tend to walk backwards rather than forwards. 

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 12:54:14 AM »

Hi Kat, I have cleaned the lens of his camera, but that didn't help. Also his head can move in any direction. So I do not think he has a broken neck or so.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 01:03:32 AM »

Have you tried pressing the reset button to see if that makes any difference?
The only other thing I can think to suggest is to try updating his OS but you probably shouldn't do that until you have tried everything else.

Piggy

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 07:19:25 AM »

Hi, have a nice holiday   :D how is Pepper ? Is he still walking backwards ? Maybe it will go away in time , for so far you have tried everything  I could think of ! Will he sometimes take a step forward or is every step he takes backwards ? And does he still react the same on Angel? When you put her in front of him will he walk toward her? Goodluck  I hope you get him fixed soon  :dino-chase:

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 03:41:17 PM »

I will try to reset the food battery this weekend. We have a great holiday Piggy :)
Pepper does react om Angel. He is just the same in his behaviour, except for his walking

Piggy

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 02:15:08 PM »

Did you take Pepper and Angel  with you on holiday   :D ? If so they definitely  get to see something  ..... next time when I am on vacation  I will take them with me. Hopefully  by then I have bought a new battery  for my Ugobe. What a sight that will be three pleo's on holiday in a caravan  or do they say trailer in English  >:( ?

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 04:37:05 PM »

Of course I took them on holiday :D We are in Drenthe, so I could take them with me. They enjoy the holiday. Even if it is raining a lot :)

Lex

• Hatchling
  • de Male
  • Pleo(s): Stas and Philipp
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 05:00:40 AM »

hey
I have same problem but with my Ugobe. The camera is not the only devise to check if there is something infront of pleo. So I guess the infra red devise is brocken. Thats the only reson what I else asume.

Puskat

• Leaving the nest
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Kai
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 12:18:10 PM »

Hi, when Kai started walking backwards in his first week we eventually ran StatsRB and it turned out he was injured and also starving.  He was lifting his foot up and wailing too.  Many salt feeds and a couple of days later he was restored and started walking forwards again.  He is still depressed though and no matter how much I feed I can only get his feed level upto 52% (even after 19 feeds in one battery cycle).

Hope you get him better, maybe a holiday is what he needs :-)

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 01:28:43 AM »

Pepper has a lot of problems. He still walks backwards. We have ProbeRB on a SD card and it has to stay in Peppers belly, otherwise he won't work. So the walking backwards was never solved. But I am glad he works :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 12:34:55 AM »

What's the floor made off? If there's a pattern they can get confused, dark colours mess with their infra red.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 03:08:35 PM »

The floor is wooden. Before there where no problems for Pepper to walk. My other RB Angel and my Ugobe Broly do not have this problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal