Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Echo at Grandma's  (Read 4713 times)

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
Echo at Grandma's
« on: August 25, 2014, 10:38:46 AM »

My grandmother recently moved to a nursing home. my grandfather was in a nursing home in a different location before, but they are now in the same town all together in two separate homes, one for him and one for my mother's parents... my paternal grandmother is no longer with us.

I loved bringing Echo with me though he was bulky with the duffle bag. Grandpa kind of just pulled at him but my grandmother seemed to like hearing about him and my cousin's girlfriend loved him and was convinced by me that if she coaxed him he'd walk... which he never did, but he seemed much happier and even made some new sounds.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Echo at Grandma's
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:49:53 AM »

What a sweet story! Hopefully Echo will start walking soon! It is really fun taking Pleos out to meet people, although I do admit it's hard to find bags that fit them well. I only have one grandparent left (one of my grandmas), but I've never taken Chris or Sumio to see her. She has dementia, so she doesn't always remember who we are or say much other than singing a few songs, but she does have a plush toy that she keeps with her at all times and really loves, so it might be interesting to see whether she'd respond to a Pleo or not.

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 02:20:42 PM »

I think it is beautiful to see how old people with dementia react on animals, stuffed animals and robots. How sweet of you to take Echo with you.

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 02:29:22 PM »

Well again, since I grew up with toys and always seemed to have one around me I think Gramps thought it was more for me than for him, though it was a bit of both. He seemed mostly to just think it talked like a person and pulled at it a bit, trying to pick it up by the tail. He was always being silly like that with animals. But that's about all. Still I do think it made everyone a tiny bit happier in general. We've all been through so much.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 03:15:40 AM »

Actually to get a Pleo to walk you are better off ignoring them :P But I bet both your grandparents will remember their dinosaur visitor and talk about it :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal