Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about using the learning stones  (Read 2697 times)

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
Question about using the learning stones
« on: May 27, 2014, 09:38:14 AM »

I have a question about the use of the learning stones. I think I an not using them right. I looked up videos of the using of them, but I can't really find one with an explenation. I don't get it, because if I use a learning stome on one of my Pleo's (they are RB's and grown) then they seem to get it, but when they drop the stone they won't do the trick and I also can't make them do the trick by using the command. I think I'm doing something wrong. Can any one give me an explenation how to use the stones in the right way?   :-[

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Question about using the learning stones
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 05:51:40 PM »

If you take a look at the FAQ thread for Pleo RB here
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0
About half way down the first page there are instruction videos on how to use the learning stones :)
You first need to teach your pleo it's name.  Then teach it using the learning stone.  Then to get them to perform the trick of the stone you just taught them you need to get their attention. Then say their name and wait for them to respond and then give the command for the trick and hopefully they will perform it.  You need to make sure you use the exact same words and the exact same tones as you did when you taught your pleo with the stone.  If you don't say their name or the command for the trick exactly the same way as you did when they were taught to the pleo then they will not recognise it and wont respond.  The voice recognition on the pleo rb isn't very good. 
Also the pleo needs to be well fed and happy.  Often even if they do "hear" you they wont bother to perform the trick because they can't be bothered, aren't happy enough or are too hungry to want to :P

I personally find the tricks all too hard and gave up on them in frustration a long time ago.  They are great when you can get them to work but just don't work reliably or often enough for it to be fun. At least for me anyway.  Perhaps you will have more luck with your pleo. :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Question about using the learning stones
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 01:22:07 AM »

They are really, really, really picky about how you say their name and command. It has to be perfect or they'll ignore you :(
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal