Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to tell how old your Pleo is ?  (Read 4302 times)

Piggy

Is there a way to tell how old your Pleo is ?
« on: May 13, 2014, 02:39:57 PM »

I got my pleo ugobe secondhand and don't know how old the model is.
Is there a way to find it out ? Maybe the serial number or is there an other way ?
I would really like to know, so if you can give me some advise it would be really helpfull.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Is there a way to tell how old your Pleo is ?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 04:57:33 PM »

Ugobe Pleo's were no longer produced in 2009, so at least five years old. There's no way to know exactly how much older than that.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 08:11:12 PM »

Pleo age is a tricky idea.  As IMR said, Ugobes were made in 2007 & 2008.  If you go ahead an put in the pleos serial number when you fill in your pleo's profile, I can give you a rough idea as to when it was manufactured.  But that really doesn't tell you anything about how long the pleo was sitting in a box, when it was hatched, or how long it's been used . . .   So when you ask "How old you pleo is"  it can be really hard to tell! :)

P.S.  Based on the serial number, your pleo was manufactured towards the end of the Ugobe run -- and was most likely made in September or October of 2008.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:39:04 PM by grumpy »

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 01:15:38 AM »

Thank you Grumpy for the information ! Indeed it doesn't tell me when it was hatched , but its skin is in real good shape, no holes or tears , only a bit of paint ware but that's all , so I guess they didn't play a lot with him , and luckily for me the  battery is  still in good shape. But I really want the egg charger and batteries.

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 05:44:53 AM »

Didn't you ask the owner?
If it's the one from Rosmalen, then I know it is 2 years old. I asked the owner at Marktplaats. She told me it was 2 years old.

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 06:42:25 AM »

Didn't you ask the owner?
If it's the one from Rosmalen, then I know it is 2 years old. I asked the owner at Marktplaats. She told me it was 2 years old.

Hoi huggiez, inderdaad hun hebben hem twee jaar gehad, maar ik kwam er hier achter dat het een  ugobe model is en die zijn rond 2009 failliet gegaan, dus mijn pleo is al eerder uit de fabriek gekomen. Ik was benieuwd wanneer mijn model gemaakt was en Grumpy heeft naar het serienummer gekeken en hij is in september of oktober 2008 uitgekomen. Ik vond het gewoon leuk om te weten  ;D

The family where my husband bought it from told him they had it for two years, so that is his hatch date, but it is an original Ugobe model so I new mine had to be manufactured before 2009. . So grumpy looked at the serial number and told me when it was made .I just thougt  it would be fun to know  ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:57:22 AM by Piggy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal