Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo profiles: Make your pleo a real part of the forums!  (Read 7782 times)

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Pleo profiles: Make your pleo a real part of the forums!
« on: May 12, 2014, 07:47:26 PM »

We're getting ready to launch some new features that let your pleo be a real integral part of the forums!!    :dino-chase:
But to do this, your pleo needs it's own personal profile on the forum.  So, the first step is (of course) to create a profile for each of your pleos!  :)

To get started, and create a profile for your pleo(s):

From the main menu, click on "Profile".

Once your profile summary is displayed, go to the "Profile Info" drop-down menu at the top left and select "Pleos".

Or just click on this link:  http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=pleos

This page displays your list of pleos.  (Of course at first your list will be empty! :o )

Right now, you can add a pleo to your list, view a pleo's profile, edit a pleo's profile, and delete a pleo.  And only you can see your pleos or know about the link ;) ;)  But that will change shortly!

To add an new pleo to the list:  Use the block on the far right at the bottom of the list.  Just type in the pleo's name, select the type of pleo, and click on the add button.  This adds the pleo to the list, but with no info in the pleo's profile.

To edit the new pleo's profile: at the right side of the list are icons for editing and deleting.  Click on the left icon (the one with the pencil) to edit the profile.  Most of the fields are drop down menus or check boxes.  This is where we need to make sure we have all the right choices before letting other members know about this, so please let me know if you think the right options aren't there or you're not sure what to do.

Please enter the serial number.  It is only displayed to the owner (for those who are paranoid, not that Innvo Labs or PleoWorld really use it for anything other than registering your RB to see its profile).

Once a pleo is in the list, you can click on the pleo's name to display the profile info.

To delete a pleo: just click on the red X icon on the far right of the row.  WARNING!  There is no "confirm delete?" (yet) and it cannot be undone!

Thanks in advance for taking the time to enter the data, and please post here if you have any questions, problems, or just to tell me how you think it works!!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:12:09 AM by grumpy »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

Marmadrid

• Member of the herd
  • es Female
  • Pleo(s): Max
Re: Pleo profiles: Make your pleo a real part of the forums!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 12:31:48 AM »

Done!!! :)

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 12:48:17 PM »

Mine has his own profile to  ;D

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 03:28:02 PM »

Now that everybody's had a few weeks to set up their pleo's profile(s), I've added a pleo link to the main menu, so now you can get a chance to meet everyone else's pleos!  :wave:  :shades:

Over the next couple of weeks we'll be rolling out more ways for you to use those pleo profiles and let your pleos become a real part of the forums!  :dance:

So, if you haven't set up profiles for your pleos, be sure to do so!

Bectile

• Leaving the nest
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Tiger & Leo (Ugobes), Green RB Cleo, Blue RB Sully
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rowlf
    • Joe_Cool
    • Veterinary Technician Designs
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 09:16:09 PM »

This seems like a good place to ask this: when I put my blue Pleo RB profile together, the only eye color available in the drop down menu was "Amber"... is that a bug? Mine has beige eyes which match his underbelly, so I wasn't sure if they would be considered amber, and if blue pleos all only had this eye color!

Also, my green Pleo RB only has "White Pleo RB card" available to choose in the ID card dropdown menu, but mine came with a green one! :)

I really enjoyed being able to make my pleo profiles, thank you so much for providing the ability to do so!!  8)

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 09:29:07 PM »

In theory, the blue and pink pleo RBs only have one eye color.  You might post a picture of the eye color.  Would be interesting to see if there are really differences :)

Does the serial number on the green card match the number on the pleo's foot?  The white card has a RFID chip in it which is used to train the pleo.  Is the green card thick like the one that came with the blue RB, or see-through?

Bectile

• Leaving the nest
  • us Female
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rowlf
    • Joe_Cool
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 09:36:11 AM »

I've seen blue and pink pleos in advertising photos with different colored eyes, at least.. I will get a photo today of my guy and post it. :)  I purchased the blue one directly from Pleoworld, and the green one I bought used from eBay. The green one has beautiful deep green eyes. I did see a blue Pleo on eBay after I bought mine, and it seemed to have the same color eyes. I wonder if they sold all the prettiest ones first, and now are getting down to the boring flesh-colored ones?

The green PleoRB card (which says Pleo RB on it, and has two green pleos on one side, and the DNA strand on the other) has the serial number printed (on a clear sticker) on it.  The blue Pleo's white card also had the serial number on it, but ironically the manual was missing the registration code so I had to email them to get it. :)

I will take pictures of both cards as well this evening and post it. I'm having a lot of fun!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 11:55:39 PM »

In theory all older Pleo's have blue eyes, all pink Pleo's have blue eyes, all blue Pleo's have Amber eyes and all green RB's have pot luck eyes :P But in practise there are slight variations during manufacturing and so forth so variations in Pleo's that should be the same are certainly possibly and even likely.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Bectile

• Leaving the nest
  • us Female
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rowlf
    • Joe_Cool
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 03:31:46 PM »

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this... busy winter!  Here are the images of my Blue Pleo RB and Green Pleo RB ID cards, front and back. I blurred the serial numbers because I didn't know if some unscrupulous person could hijack them for something!
FRONT:

BACK:

Interestingly, Pleoworld themselves seem to think that blue Pleos with blue eyes exist... here is their Valentine's Day promo ad:

The promo is buy one, get one 1/2 price which is a pretty good deal.

Rebecca
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal