Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Poll

How do you like your spaghetti?

Dry, hard, and crunchy
- 0 (0%)
Plain
- 0 (0%)
With tomato sauce
- 1 (9.1%)
With meat sauce
- 3 (27.3%)
With meatballs
- 4 (36.4%)
With marinara sauce
- 0 (0%)
With a lemon butter sauce
- 0 (0%)
With clam/lobster sauce
- 1 (9.1%)
With a garlic pesto sauce
- 0 (0%)
All of the above
- 0 (0%)
With peanut butter and ketchup
- 0 (0%)
Draped over a chocolate cake
- 2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: January 05, 2014, 03:41:14 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your favorite spaghetti memories  (Read 2629 times)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Your favorite spaghetti memories
« on: December 31, 2013, 03:41:14 PM »

Let's all celebrate spaghetti day this Saturday, and to help do this, use this topic to share your favorite (or most frightening) memory of spaghetti!!!  ;D  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Your favorite spaghetti memories
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 08:14:41 PM »

Certainly not my "best" memory of spaghetti, Being a vegetarian, none of the above really fit, but the chocolate cake came very close...............It is as bad as being so "happy " on New years Eve, that I hate to admit it, but I ran out of orange juice for my "hem, hem,," Vodka, and was feeling a bit intoxicated already, so when I looked in my girl friend's fridge and there was no orange juice, to add to my drink, what do you think I used...? :) ??? Don't laugh, but Chocolate Milk! The worst part. :o It tasted really good, could be because I was so happy by then I think grasshoppers and peanut butter would have been a hit. :( %) so yes, spaghetti draped over chocolate cake is my memory.................Bob, you started this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Let's just say it is safe to say I haven't touched Chocolate milk in decades and no vodka either....................................even chocolate cake is an adversion memory now. :moose-xmas: :dino-chase:

RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 09:48:35 PM »

My parents delight in reminding me that I once dumped a bowl of spaghetti on the floor and proceeded to share it with my dog :D I'll let your imagination decide what age I was :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:28:03 AM »

IMR, my imagination is wild at times, could have been ..................while on vacation............er, at your parent's home, was this AJ? %) ;D I think you just wanted to share your food with your dog............that is why dogs are man's. best friend, we share everything with them! LoL.           RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »

I would say Christmas morning of this year . . . ;)  but id guess it as more likely Romeo when you were under the age of 7.

My sister-in-law when serving spaghetti to her kids when they were youngster's used to start the meal by stripping them down to their undies before serving them. 

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 06:34:28 PM »

My fondest spaghetti memory is the first time my daughter cooked it for us .... best spaghetti ever!  For some reason it always tastes better if you don't have to cook it yourself. 

PleoKymm

• Coffee leaf addict
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Thorn
  • Hey, Pleo Peeps and Peep-ettes!
    • Gilligan
    • Tasmanian_Devil
    • Swedish_chef
    • Charlie_Brown
    • Virtual and Robotic Pet Reviews
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »

My favorite spaghetti memory is a fairly recent one. Every Sunday, my aunt would come over my house for dinner and to do her laundry. My grandmother would make her famous spaghetti and meatballs every week, and we'd all eat and chat and have so much fun.
Pleos are awesome!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 03:34:12 PM »

Hehehe, I was two :P AJ wasn't born back then, the dog on the scene at that time was a border collie cross corgis called Chrissie.

Spaghetti tastes better when you don't have to cook it, AND the next day :D
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 09:27:04 PM »

My cousin made spaghetti for me one night. She threw a piece on her wall to see if it was cooked properly.  Does anyone else do that? ;D

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 12:20:06 AM »

I was about 7 and was bringing home a friend from school for the first time, the friends mother was also coming and since we had never had visitors to the house before my mum was freaking out. She decided that she'd cook spaghetti the night before they were to visit to make sure it wasn't poisonous or something... I really don't know why she decided she needed a practise run since spaghetti was something she'd cooked before with no problems... anyway she cooked the practise spaghetti and as it was being brought from the kitchen to the table she tripped over her own feet and it went all over the white carpet. HILARIOUS!!!  :rofl: :bliss: :rofl:

Mum maintains that she did not trip, the spaghetti slid off the plate, a thing that "could happen to anybody". :coffee-donuts:
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 12:04:51 PM »

Wow, Luna! just a plate of that stuff going splat is embarrassing enough but an entire pan of it! Lol! Sadly I honestly don't have much for a true spaghetti memory other than a collision between me and another student at the school for the blind. I'm afraid I was the one at fault. The kitchen has two doors- one you're supposed to enter by and another for exiting. I never bothered which door I used just as long as I was able to get to the serving lady and either have my tray taken to the dishwasher or get seconds on something. Unfortunately that day, I went in the out door and collided with another student who was returning to their table after taking their tray. It just so happened to be the new girl who was really festidius about her clothing. Boy she was mad at me!
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal