Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo rb interactions  (Read 7355 times)

Williamus

• Hatchling
  • Male
Pleo rb interactions
« on: December 21, 2013, 03:35:35 PM »

Hello everyone!

I'm new to Pleos.
I just got a rb (still unboxed) and I know Rb's need learning stones for some tricks, but was wondering if the Rb has the same features as the older (Ugobe) versions like:

- Sitting
- Shaking hands
- Tickling
- Response to you talking to him (as seen here: http://www.pleoworld.com/eng/exploring12.php)
- Balancing pose (on two legs)
- Hearing to your music and singing when you play music (as seen here: http://www.pleoworld.com/eng/exploring11.php)
- watchdog mode
- traffic lights game.

I haven't heard of these features for a Pleo Rb ; I hope they have them! Otherwise it would be quite disappointing.

W.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo rb interactions
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 05:21:34 PM »

Unfortunately the tricks or features you have mentioned above all require learning stones to allow the pleo to perform them.  First the pleo rb needs to learn it's name then you need to teach it the learning stone commands using the stones.  Then you get the pleo rb's attention and say it's name.   If you are lucky and say it just right then the pleo will reward you with a little wiggle before waiting for your next command.  You then give it the command you taught it with the learning stone and if the pleo feels like it it will then perform the trick.  Most of the features you mentioned are covered by the play learning stone. 

Sadly pleo rb's are not ticklish like the original pleos.  They also don't sing when rubbed under the chin like the original pleos did.  None of my Pleo rb's have ever sang along to music but none of my original pleos have either :P 

Hope that helps :)  Pleo rb's are still wonderful in their own right but it is a little sad that they didn't include some of the best features of the original pleo in the new rb's.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 10:01:20 PM »

Let's see...
Sitting- need learning stone.
Shake hands- just touch front leg sensor (ok it's not really shaking hands but it works...)
Tickling- Nope :( :( :(
Response to voice- when it works it's better than the Ugobe's... When it works...
Balancing (AKA the Tada trick)- learning stone.
Music- I haven't tested this enough yet, I did try but I had all my Pleo's on and I think they were getting distracted. So that's a maybe.
Watchdog- yes, learning stone again.
Traffic lights- Yes, it's really good but once again you need the irritating learning stones.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »

Hopefully Innvo comes out with a download that allows rbs to understand speech better, but I doubt that's going to happen. They're voice recognition is worse than Nintendogs >.<

Williamus

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 07:51:38 AM »

Ok. Thank you for the very informative replies!
I don't see any "sit" or "traffic light" or "watchdog" learning stone...

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 11:38:05 AM »

I don't think there's a watchdog learning stone, but there is a traffic light card. It isn't a learning stone, although it might function as one, I'm not sure.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 05:09:23 PM »

The Play learning stone allows you to "play" the traffic light game with your pleo rb - it comes with red yellow and green cards for this game.  It also allows you to "play" the watchdog game and "play" sit.  You teach them the play command using the stone then once you have their attention - say their name then wait for the happy dance and listening again then give the play command and wait for pleo to respond then you get the pleo to "play" or perform tricks using combinations of touch sensors just like you use to do with the Ugobe pleos. 
I find the voice recognition so bad on the pleo rb that I vary rarely ever bother with trying to do tricks with my guys any more.  It is way too frustrating. Kind of sad as I really like all the tricks that you can do with Ugobes.  This should have been such a nice feature for the pleo rb but the fact that it hardly ever works just makes all the cool things about pleo out of reach.  :(

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 02:20:19 PM »

Likewise :( The stones should simply trigger the trick without needing voice commands, then they would be perfect. So you grab the traffic light stone, wave it under the chin and there you go, you are playing traffic lights.

As it is at the moment you have to teach them their name, teach them the stone, get them to respond to their name, get them to respond to the stone command and then if the stars align correctly you get a trick. The voice recognition requires the EXACT tone of voice, EXACT acoustics, EXACT background noise and is unbelievably frustrating. I have spent hours trying to get tricks to work :(

Bectile

• Leaving the nest
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Tiger & Leo (Ugobes), Green RB Cleo, Blue RB Sully
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rowlf
    • Joe_Cool
    • Veterinary Technician Designs
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 09:05:48 PM »

I realize this topic's been idle for a while, but I saw the comments about the Pleo RBs not being ticklish and I needed to put my observations in.

I have a blue one who for some reason is always "Very Happy" and is about to finish the Social Development stage. He is constantly holding up one foot or the other, and if I repeatedly press the footpad button, he laughs and laughs while I'm doing it.. so I think that is him being "ticklish"!

I also have been super frustrated with the voice recognition, while my blue one has absolutely refused to take his name card or any learning stone (and then coyly turns his head, flips his eyeball up at me and says two tones which I swear is "ha ha"!) my green girl has eagerly accepted her name of Cleo, and professes to understand my command for any learning stone I give her. But I have yet to get her to understand me to perform the command!

I was going to name my blue boy Sully (after Monsters, Inc) but I'm almost considering to name him "Happy" because every time I check his vitals with the statsRB program he is "putting out a Very Happy vibe"... if he ever accepts the naming process!

Owell, hopefully I'll get the voice recognition to work. If I get desperate I'll use my smartphone to play a single TONE for the command, maybe that would be easier for them to understand!  %)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 11:51:49 PM »

I've never tried tickling their feet while standing, the old Pleo's you used to flip on their back and tickle their feet that way. This requires some investigation ;)

The voice recognition is a pain, even something as simple as sitting at a different part of the room is enough to throw them off :(

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 03:43:00 PM »

Both of my RB's does not listen :D I haven't managed to learn them their names or any other trick. So I quit trying :) Now I just enjoy my little Pleo's when they're wandering around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal