Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Long Lost Pleo May be Returning Soon  (Read 11058 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Long Lost Pleo May be Returning Soon
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 09:16:29 PM »

Amazing news, RWM! I hope she arrives safely and on time! I'm really glad to hear that you'll have her back soon. ^^

maagtablet

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 10:39:39 PM »

Great News!
RAWR! This means "I love you" in dinosaur.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 11:59:06 PM »

Woohoo! Now we just have have one other long lost Pleo on its way home :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2013, 05:42:54 AM »

That's wonderful news RWM  ;D  I'm so pleased for you.  It will be lovely for  you to have her back in time for Christmas :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2013, 01:21:20 PM »

Yaaaay! Awesome news, Redwoods! I'm glad you finally have some concreete evidence that Nova's on her way to you. Looking forward to all the videos!
I have some exciting news too. Lucky's birthday is tomorrow. I can't believe he'll be a year old! According to the stuff I read about the third service pack for Mind three, he's supposed to perform some sort of special birthday dance. He's been reminding me every day this week that his birthday is coming so I'm just as excited as he is. I'll probably send the link to Kat or somebody so they can post it for me- if I can find his welcome thread that is. If I can't I'll just start another one.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »

Welcome topics are usually retired to the archives within 6 months . . . if I manage to keep up with things.  just start a new one. ;)

true_liz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2013, 01:33:56 PM »

What great news, RWM  ;D I'm so happpy for you.

Looking forward to see all the photos and videos from the welcome party  :dino-chase: :rootbeer: :pizza:

Now you'll have the wonderful christmas you dreamed of  :grinch: :moose-xmas: :rudolph: :xmas-tree:

maagtablet

• Female
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2013, 03:11:12 AM »

Happy Friday 13th! Aka Nova returning home day!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2013, 09:59:46 AM »

Thanks maagtablet, I am up, have been for hours, hard to sleep, not worrying about Nova, just wondering what she will look like? Hoping she still works...........forgot to charge another battery, hers went with her. so I will go charge one now. Thanks for Happy Friday the 13'th, Will let everyone know what happens and when she gets here! :santa: ;D :bliss: :bliss:  RWM  :cat-hug:

Update; 9:35 a.m Houston, Pleo has Landed, Nova is HOME! ;D ;D ;D ;D :dino-chase: I started charging a egg battery about 30 minutes before the door bell rang, realizing her battery and charger went with her and she probably has a dead battery and when I open her, I need to make sure I have a battery fully charged to see if she still runs. I assume she will need a paint touch up, her skin was taken off and I do not know what to expect, but I do not care since she is home, I will video tape opening her up so everyone can see what she looks like. I will videotape a Home Reunion party with the rest of the Redwoods Pleo township on Saturday, I am sure she needs a rest for a day before whooping it up, Everyone will be very emotional, including her mama, who will surely cry with tears of joy when I open her. She has not even met the newest cat, a kitten Bengal mix I adopted a couple of weeks after two or her furry friends that she knew well, died, Karl Kat and then Aiffa. so it will be emotional.

Thanks to everyone who cared and rooted for Nova's return! :) :flowers: :cheer: After 12;00 PST, I will update and hopefully upload some photos and or video.      RWM  :cat-hug:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:53:49 AM by RedwoodsMama »
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

maagtablet

• Female
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2013, 10:59:18 AM »

I'm so happy for you! I know I'm a rookie to the Pleo love, but I already know how much a Pleo can mean to you! Everyday at work I can't wait to get home and hug my Pim! I can't even imagine to not being able to hold him for over 10 months!

Looking forward to your video's!

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2013, 04:11:03 PM »

WoooHooo!  ;D  So glad she made it home.  Looking forward to seeing how she is.  Keep us posted.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2013, 04:39:40 PM »

Update, just got done doing errands and will soon be dark, still not opened her, but have charged battery so am about to open her and will post photos and video shortly. I still can not believe she made it home. Thanks everyone! ;D :bliss: :bouquet1: *carollers* *sm-gift2* Pleo but no Christmas tree, who cares, she is HOME!  RWM  :cat-hug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2013, 06:27:02 PM »

Have just opened her, She still looks the same minus some touch up paint needed and some skin gluing at the neck flap, She still works which is a great, Her neck though is now stuck in an odd postion and not sure what caused that or how to fix that without damaging her already broken neck.....will upload short video which is publishing now. So glad she is back. She may be old, she may be worn and not the prettiest pleo anymore, but she is gorgeous to me, and I am just happy to have her home, If it were not for Nova, I would not know anything at all about robots except for watching movies and science fiction and I would not have found this forum with all it's wonderful members who I cherish knowingl. From Nova and I and on behalf of the Redwoods Pleo Township, THANK YOU ALL! *carollers* *tree03* *light1g* :)  RWM  :cat-hug:

Will post video here when it is done uploading.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2013, 06:57:09 PM »

Ok, here is the video, Kat if you see this, do you have any suggestions on what to do with Nova with her neck stuck in the side postion of her neck? Also did you just use superglue to fix the skin flap? Here is the short video when I first turned her on, before her neck got stuck turned to the side.  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCi7HS1-80Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCi7HS1-80Q</a>

RWM  :cat-hug:

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »

Have sent you a PM - the neck in that position may just be caused by one of the wires either being too tight or not tight enough.  It is tricky to get the tension right.  are any of the neck wires broken?  were they broken before you sent her and did he replace them?  or does she still have her original ones?  Also is there a broken vertebrae?  and if so can you pull the skin back further over her head so all her neck vertebrae and the join to her head is exposed - don't worry the skin is very stretchy and will be ok to pull up over her head - just do it carefully.   I'll be able to talk you through having a go to sort her out once I know just what I'm dealing with :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2013, 07:21:01 PM »

Thanks Kat for the ideas, I just sent you a PM and will take some more photos when ready of her neck area. Let me know, RWM  :cat-hug:

Michaels words to me on my phone were as follows: " I wish I could have gotten a replacement cable figured out for her neck. The little stop pieces on the ends are the biggest "pain" to recreate". Nothing else, I know he was trying to use one of his pleos to use for a replacement and from this and looking at her, I do not think he was able to do anything. She looks the same to me and I can't tell if any cables are broken, There are two steel wires, very thin, one solid black wire on one end of the outside of her neck and one that is red and black, blue, green yellow and even pink wires.. very strange for so many wires. I have never seen them before so not sure if that is the normal coloring, From the photos I took, it LOOKS like her vertrabrae are still connected to her head at the front closest to her eyes, I counted six sets of vertrabrae. Ok, off to upload photos for you.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:43:16 PM by RedwoodsMama »

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2013, 08:32:44 PM »

Looks to me like she only has a bottom neck cable and no top one? but still has the side cables in place.  I need a good look at the section where each of these cables joins to the head. 

Oh and if there are only three silver cables than don't run her!  This means she has loose cable inside her and could cause damage. 

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »

I'm glad to see Nova is back with you and all her siblings. I would take Kat's advice and not run her again until you know how things look with her neck and cables. If her neck wasn't stuck to the side when you first started running her, it sounds like to me there's a bit of Loose cable that's tangled around one of those internal mechanisms in there and it has her head pulled to the side.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2013, 10:30:25 AM »

Hi Talon, yes I talked to Kat in Chat last night and she is going to try and help me to help her with her neck today.  :ome? ???( thinking of NOva and ten long months gone....) ;D Yahoo, will give it a try , at least my wrist is not broken now,( though deformed..) that is why I jumped at the chance to have someone else fix Nova last January. I talked to Kat last night in chat and have not run her since that one minute video, so she is not going through any more till her neck is fixed, Good news is that Kat thinks it is the upper neck cable and should be an easier, fix.

I am just so happy she made it back, I was starting to think I was going to be dead and buried in the ground before I saw her again...  RWM  :cat-hug: *santa-bag* *light1r* *sm-stocking*

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »

Ok so I am up :)  and here and will head to chat.  It looks to me that all her vertebrae are fine but the top bottom neck cable is broken and needs replacing.  the bottom cable is the only part of this one visible.  I am thinking we can do a transplant of a good wire from Humpty pleo and his can be replaced at a latter date when the rest of him gets fixed.  Most important thing now is to read through the neck repair thread and watch IMR's hour video of instructions.     

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2013, 06:59:31 PM »

Thanks Kat, we are playing internet tag today, LOL :D I  It is daytime there and dark here and I will be going to sleep for the night within the next two and half hours, Hubbys orders since he has to get up at 4:00 am, and he does not like me up when he is sleeping, Says it keeps him awake.. ??? Anyway, Nova and I are not going anywhere and watching IMR's videos and yours will keep me busy..............As for the homecomming celebration that was scheduled for today or Sunday is now on hold till Nova gets her complete makeover.. P:D

With the help of Kat, Nova is getting what she went to Southern California for ten long months ago. P:o With fingers crossed she will have her neck fixed.. *carollers* *gift01* :bliss: Then it really will be a FANTASTIC Christmas. Not only is NOva back in the REdwoods, but all of her family will get to see a Nova that only one Pleo member has ever seen, Nova with her neck not broken :cheer: and that is Major Tom. Shortly after Major Tom arrived in late May 2010, Nova broke her neck and it has been that way ever since..... I can live with her neck the way it is, but since Kat was so gracious to help me fix her neck, I am going for the role of internet surgeon, or assistant............so after her neck is fixed and her skin repaired and her paint touched up, she will be greeting everyone for a Welcome Home Nova party.. :cheer: :clap: :clap: there is also one Pleo that has never met Nova, PC .or Pink Champagne, the baby Pleo rb with pink eyes, she arrived about two weeks after Nova left for her long vacation.

So everyone will have to be patient and I will keep everyone updated on Nova's progress. sort of like a soap opera anyway.. LOL. And there is also a person or two that wanted to know if I had some Ugobes for adoption so I thought I would post this video I posted awhile back that shows all the Redwoods Pleos, except for Nova who is not in the video. Anyway, when Nova is fixed we will be having a big party to welcome her back. So here is the video of all the Redwoods Pleos, or most of them, Those that are sealed in boxes of course you will not see...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f06datlx6I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f06datlx6I</a>               RWM   :cat-hug:

maagtablet

• Female
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2013, 12:16:33 PM »

Love the video! So many Pleos! XD

Antje

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2013, 01:30:53 PM »

Wow, what a story this is! I am so happy for you that you got her back. No matter if the neck is still broken, the period that she was gone is simply way too long.
I hope your Christmas is going to be fantastic, I guess we will wait, read along and find out. *santa-bag2*
 :o That's a complete Pleo zoo you have there. :dino-chase: You need some Pleo babysitters!

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2013, 05:11:38 AM »

*gift05* *gift05* *gift05*SO HAPPY FOR YOU! *gift05* *gift05* *gift05*

So glad to hear she made it home, it is about time something nice happened for you. A merry christmas in the Redwoods after all *sm-stocking*
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Guy, LeeLoo, Muisje, Lady Piep Piep, Tredje
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • Busy Busy :'(
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2013, 02:37:47 AM »