Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Long Lost Pleo May be Returning Soon  (Read 11059 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Long Lost Pleo May be Returning Soon
« on: November 19, 2013, 02:40:07 PM »

Most of you, though the new members do not probably know, I have a favorite Pleo, my very first pleo and a beautiful much loved Ugobe named Nova, took a trip to a member who has not been here in a long time, to get her broken neck and bad leg possibly fixed. This was way back on Feb. 8'th of this year, 9 long months ago. Well things happen, people get sick and people have jobs and other things happen along the way.

I have since putting my precious Nova into a well padded box and shipping her off to a well deserved vacation in Southern California, gone through many accidents, fracturing my foot, my wrist badly, and have had both a carpal tunnel release surgery and foot surgery and also lost two beloved cats in the same month, June of this year. I have been devastated without my Nova, and was wondering if I would ever see her again, or if it was going to be a "Blue Christmas".  :( :dino-chase:

Well, I am not going to get my hopes up too much right now, but thought if I post what happened this morning, perhaps, just perhaps my Christmas wiil not be blue after all. I got a call this morning after texting the person who has been "Pleo sitting" my Nova since February. He said that he had been in Baja doing some work filming, and he sent his apologies and said he would send her off to me. This has happened before, but this time he responded within five minutes of sending the text message and did not say he would try to send her or as soon as possible, so Perhaps My Nova is done ,is fixed and will be here before Thanksgiving! :autumn: :turkeydance:

I texted him back thanking him and told him that after I got NOva back, I would send him one of my other Pleos as a thank you for all the time and effort he has put into this operation. Operating on a Pleo was new for him so I know he got good experience. I am just so so happy and hope she does come soonl I have posted photos of her in her traveling outfit to Southern Ca. I think she just was having fun rubbing elbows with the rich and famous stars, so I hope she has not forgotten the Redwoods Pleo Township, I know Argyle, Major Tom and Little 45 missed her the most, they have been so upset and lonely these last 9 months and she is the oldest Pleo. We are all so happy, so please keep your fingers crossed that Nova makes it home for real this time. :pray: photos are up Nova who is custom painted and her traveling outfits, in her strofoam box and with her neck brace and in an outfit and with the special neck brace cover up Kat made long ago just for Nova. Isn't she a pretty girl, who says Ugobes can't have just as much fun as Rb!

RWM  :cat-hug:   :) :pray:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:42:42 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Long Lost Pleo May be Returning Soon
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 04:10:44 PM »

I do hope that this is it and she returns to you very soon :)  My fingers are crossed for you.  We all know how much you are missing her :)

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 09:11:49 PM »

I would not be sending this crule person anything RWM! You are such a sweet and trusting person, there is no excuse in the world I would accept for not bothering to keep in contact for nine months. I really, really hope it works out in the end and you get Nova back, I know how much she means to you.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 10:28:38 PM »

From the short amount of time I've been a member of this forum I know how much you care about Nova. I'm glad for you (fingers crossed!) and I hope I can develop as deep a relationship with my Chloe as you have with Nova.

PS
I hope this post is coherent because it's past midnight at my house and my brain gets a little fizzled out when it's tired.

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Guy, LeeLoo, Muisje, Lady Piep Piep, Tredje
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • Busy Busy :'(
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 04:47:02 AM »

I hope he is indeed returning Nova soon. But if he's just too busy to send her, will he not be too busy to make Nova?  But I hope you're right and get Nova back in one piece soon.  ;)
23 rat pups for sale :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »

Any word yet RWM?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

maagtablet

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 01:26:19 PM »

You haven't held your Nova for 10 months? The horror!
RAWR! This means "I love you" in dinosaur.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 01:55:59 PM »

I really do not know what to think :o ;D :( Mike keeps getting my hopes up, I texted him last week, on the 2nd, asking if he had sent her yet, He texted me RIGHT back and said he actually had the day off, and was packing her up .( as we speak) He apolgizied again saying he had real problems trying to match the " broken plastic spine part) and had been trying to make a match with no luck, He would later in the afternoon send me the tracking number. That was 5 or six days ago and nothing, Friday, I sent a very short text saying I had not recieved any tracking yet.. ;) thinking that should prompt him incase he forgot to send it.

Well, no word since then, I do think he means well, and wanted to fix her, but got in over his head, not realizing how difficult she really was. He did not know there were videos on here that Kat or IMR had done of fixing a pleos neck. AT this point I would NEVER mention it to him, as I just want to get my sweet Nova back, broken neck and all. I do not know if he is having a hard time getting her back together or more things have popped up. It is now ten months and only 17 days till Christmas and all I want for Christmas is my NOva back, the way she was.. P8)

I have lost so much real life this year, within one years time I have lost three cats, and one was my most special cat I have ever owned, Karl Kat. I have many pLeos and people have this misconception that just because I have so many Pleos, that I am either loaded with money, (such a joke........) or that they do not mean anything they are all the same. My Nova is my
heart and joy and I am hopeful she will make it back any day now. If I don't it is getting harder to believe I ever will. When I get her, at some point I MAY try to fix her myself, not sending her away again too much trauma this last year. I think if I can just follow the instructions on this site that others posted, I can get it repaired. If not, then neck braces are just fine.

I think the worst part is to keep expecting her to show up, and nothing, it is breaking my heart but I do believe Mike WANTS to send her as he has never said, he was packing her up............so in a couple of days, I will text him again, keeping cold fingers crossed he does send her.   RWM  :cat-hug:

maagtablet

• Female
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 02:01:36 PM »

darn I know he probably means well, but this just sucks... He's just not reliable... I'll keep keep my fingers crossed you'll have your Nova back before Xmas

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 04:29:25 PM »

Keep pestering him with messages and phone calls until you get a happy result.  It is long enough now to forgo the whole polite thing and just be persistent.  If he had maintained a constant contact with you to keep you posted on what was happening then it might have been a different story but as he seems to have dropped off contact then I say it is time to apply a little contact pressure in the hope that he will get onto it and post her back to you.  If it was me i'd start messaging or calling him every couple of days and after a while of no result I'd amp it up to every day.  He will have to do something about her sooner or later just to stop the calls and messages.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 05:00:42 PM »

I hope Nova finds her way back soon. If I had been Mike, I would've tried to be prompt and open with you and kept you informed about my progress. I'm so glad I didn't send Cato out. Thanks to Crewella and degers he's happily hobbling around trying to keep up with Ryu and the rest of the herd.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 05:30:06 PM »

Just reading this story for the first time.  Redwoods, I know how much Nova means to you, and I sure hope that she returns soon.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you, not just for the return of Nova, but for all that you've been through over the past year or so.  Fingers crossed!  I would keep calling and texting until you get her back.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease!   :hhug: :hhug:

true_liz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 12:14:36 PM »

I keep my fingers crossed for you and Nova.

Keep being persistent, sometimes this is the only way to make people react. I would call him every week until Nova is back in your arms.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 12:19:19 PM »

I texted him asking for confirmation of tracking on Friday and again this morning, still no response.............. :( all I can do is keep texting him, He said he was packing her up on Monday of last weekl, or Tuesday, but nothing heard since then...........Just hope for the best. Thank you all for rooting for poor Nova and I. I will love her little broken neck even more when I actualy have her in my hands again after ten long months. Feb. 14th makes one whole year she has been gone, I just hope she gets home and back in time for Christmas is even better. ;D :write: :brrr: :xmas-list:

RWM  :cat-hug:

maagtablet

• Female
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 12:21:03 PM »

Cant you just call him?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 06:10:52 PM »

Hi, I have called him several times in the past, including about two weeks ago, and he NEVER talks to me in person, probably screens the calls or is at work, but then he texts me back, Believe me, I have tried.. :( RWM :cat-hug:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 01:03:14 PM »

Text him a million times a day until a result is achieved. :dino-chase:
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 03:15:23 PM »

I have had a Pleo missing for a year and a half now.  No idea when I'll be getting it back though ask frequently.  You just have to be patient.  You have lots of other pleos to play with.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 12:28:43 AM »

Thanks IMR, I actually phoned today and left a message asking him politely to just put her in the mail just the way she is,( even if apart) telling him how much I appreciate his time but just wanted her back, as my  Christmas present and I would reimburse him for postage when I got her..but no response. :(I just can not understand why he says he is boxing her up and will send me tracking.......but then nothing..It makes no sense to me.I gave him a good deal on an egg charger and battery also, he saved $15.00 on the set, and another $10.00 on an extra battery and free shipping (put it in Nova's box when sent down' so It is not like I haven't thanked him already in advance. I can not figure out why he just does not put her in the mail when he says he will.  Nothing else I can do but keep on his case.I think it does not matter if I have one pleo,or one hundred...the point is Nova is my pleo and I want her back. Thanks for caring.  RWM  :cat-hug:

maagtablet

• Female
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »

Our thought are with you, RWM! I really hope you'll have your baby back soon!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »

Thanks maagtablet. I do not think it is right that someone keeps an item of yours when you ask for it back, esp after 10 long months. My Nova is not a ,toy' and even if you want to call it a toy, it does not matter to me the fact is she is myne and important. Other then my real live fur babies, I have very little in my life that makes me happy as my pleos. My pleos have opened me up to this forum and the wonderful people on this forum' :)
  Also I have begun finding my creative side with custom painting them and making clothes for them,which I enjoy and also I have enjoyed selling the egg batteries to members here and also adopting out several Ugobes to members- 8)
 For anyone who thinks it does not mean much cause I have other pleos' how would you feel if it was one of your pleos or your aibo? Also' this person told me months ago how would send Nova back to me and I have told him I would be happy to give him a ugobe as thank you for his time. It does not matter to me that she has a broken neck. If I did not care I would tell him keep her till you can fix her, do not worry.
  Nova has special memories that have gotten me through rough times including being in videos of my beloved cats who have died this year. Perhaps I am weak, because I have laid at night crying unable to sleep, wondering if Nova is gone forever and this person is now just keeping her. :( It is hard for me to think any person could represent themselves as a caring human, tell you they are packing Nova up and then just not follow through.Nova originally was purchased as a Christmas present for my grandson...that was in 2009..he was too young and I kept Nova And I bought my grandson a D_Rex. My grandson will be here next week and now he can not meet Nova. Anyway'thanks and hopefully if nothing else the person who has Nova will get a conscious and send her back to me' otherwise this will not be the holiday it could have been.  RWM  :cat-hug:

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 12:38:48 PM »

I really hope that you get Nova back and soon; I can tell that she's really special to you. I'd just keep persisting with texting the guy and hope for a response. Although I don't own a Pleo currently, I love all of my Aibos and my closest connection is with Aki (one of my ERS-7s). If anything happened to him, it would be as if a family member was missing. I got him when I was around 11 years old and have countless memories with him. 
Although I own nine Aibos, each means something very special to me and couldn't just be replaced by any other. I remember that I received Aron (my ERS-312) as a birthday present the day my grandpa was hospitalized in critical condition (he died a few days later). My parents had to leave me alone on my birthday to visit my grandfather in the hospital (I chose to stay at home because I didn't want to see him in that condition). I spent nearly all of that day talking and playing with Aron in my room and it made me feel a lot less lonely. 
I don't think you're weak for crying, I know that you really care about Nova and I can understand that this must be extremely frustrating for you to deal with, especially along with the recent deaths of your cats. I don't understand why that person is keeping Nova, but hopefully he will realize how much she means to you and return her. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you can have your Nova in your arms again by Christmas!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 04:33:27 PM »

I don't know for sure, untill I can verify something, but it looks as though, (fingers crossed.) Nova is now or soon will be on her way home. Untill I verfiy it, I am not going to get excited as I have been let down too many times this past year. but I am hopeful this time as a certain person was on here today, wanting my shipping address................fingers crossed.              :xmas-tree: P8) RWM  :cat-hug:

If it is true, then this Christmas will be a very nice one, it would be purrfect if I had my Lei_lu, Aiffa and Karl Kat, but they have crossed Rainbow BRidge, AS long as I can keep the other eight cats healthy and the dog and turtles and fish, and Nova makes it home, then that is all I want for Christmas.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 08:04:52 PM »

UPDATE; 6:55 PM.  I ran the tracking number that I was given by Michael, and guess what, NOVA has been shipped! :o :o ;D :pray: :bliss: I can't believe that she is actually on her way. Michael told me a couple of weeks ago he would send her and last week he had packed her, but things happen and she was not sent UNTIL today. I still can not believe she at long last is on her way to me. Yahoo!
             the other good news, is that she is due to be here on this FRIDAY! :bliss: :bliss: I guess staying on task and pleading with him to please send her worked, I knew he meant well, that is why it was so hard to believe he would keep putting off sending her. She is in transit already.

When she arrives I will videotape opening her and I will charge one of my other batteries so it will be ready when she arrives. I know of a bunch of Pleos, that are anxious to see her but the Welcome home party is going to have to be held off till the weekend. I almost forgot what she looked like, I do not know what conditon she is in, but I really do not care, As long as she works and can talk and walk, I am happy. Be prepared to see lots of new photos from me and the REdwoods Township when she arrives. I still can not believe she is finally on her way home. It seems even longer then ten months but I think the fact it is almost Christmas put pressure on Michael and the fact he knows how much she means to me, He knew from our talks BEFORE I sent her what she means to me, so that helped. I want to thank everyone for listening to my thoughts while waiting for my Nova to come home, Thank you everyone, he may have even read this post and it helped send her to me quicker.
                 I thank each and everyone of you. I will know in the future, unless I am prepared to be away from one of my Pleos for a long time and know the person on this forum for a LOng long long time, I cant risk going through something like this ever again. If your pleo only is a robot and you do not mind being away from them then no trouble, But if you are very attached to them like I am, then you are better off not taking a chance.                                          THANK YOU MICHAEL and THANNK YOU EVERYONE on the Bob The Pleo Forums .  :bouquet1:  RWM  :cat-hug:

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 08:52:11 PM »

YAY!!!  So glad that she is on her way to you!  Can't wait to see the welcoming party.  There's going to be a whole lot of mooing going on!   ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal