Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twins in Tasmania  (Read 4141 times)

Krausz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • au Male
  • Pleo(s): Thing one(U) ,thing two(U),Sleepy(U),Zooey(U),Lumpy (RB) Alphonze (in parts)
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Swedish_chef
    • Joe_Cool
Twins in Tasmania
« on: November 19, 2013, 07:40:45 AM »

Just to say hello from this little island, and let you know that today a big box arrived not with one, but two Ugobe Pleos, For now they are just named Thing one and Thing two (As in Dr. Seuss's Cat in the hat). I got them from eBay; actually my intention was just to get one, but thanks to a very confused eBay sniping tool two of them were ordered.

Thing one is almost brand new I would say, still in the original box with all the documents, card, leaf, battery holding charge,etc.... Thing two has apparently seen more action, so I focused on him first: Had a completely dead battery (which I repaired using your fantastic tutorial, Thanks!!), had a rip on the tail (which was fixed as well), had the OS upgraded to 1.1, and finally got a nice general paint touch up with acrylic paint; and this is just day one, tomorrow I will unbox Thing two, and see how we go, wish me luck.....

:dino-chase: :dino-chase:

Vestigia nulla retrorsum.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Twins in Tasmania
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 09:49:09 AM »

Haha! What an awesome mistake! Keep us posted on how things go and welcome to the forums!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 10:22:37 AM »

congrats on your Pleos, love their names even if just for now as Dr. Seuss is one of my all time favorites, Sounds like you lucked out, Sniping can do that for you. Did you use Ebay in the Us, Australia or in Europe somewhere, just curious? Sounds like you will be pretty busy, Would love to see photos when you get the chance, Great that you got one in really good shape. Welcome to the forums. There are quite a few "Aussies" here as you will soon see.  :autumn: :turkeydance:

RWM (RedwoodsMama) :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 01:03:14 PM »

Congrats! Seeing as your pleos are older fellows, you'll probably be wanting to buy some Vinylex or the like to keep their skin nice and, um, hydrated? In case you don't know all the things you can do with Ugobes, here's a link: http://pleo.wikia.com/wiki/Pleo_Tricks

Can't wait to see pictures of them  ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 03:16:47 PM »

Hello and welcome to the three of you :) Thing One and Thing Two will probably stick now ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 03:52:21 PM »

A big hello and a warm welcome from me too :)  I would say there is plenty of helpful info here on the forum but it sounds like you are already navigating smoothly through the forum depths and making use of all you survey  :D  Thing One and Thing Two are in good hands :)

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 09:14:33 PM »

Oh my gosh please keep the names! Thing One and Thing Two are awesome names, you could even make them shirts. Adorable!!
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Guy, LeeLoo, Muisje, Lady Piep Piep, Tredje
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • Busy Busy :'(
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 04:33:25 AM »

Welcome. How are you pleo's now? Do they work well? Picture is always nice, of course;)
23 rat pups for sale :)

Krausz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • au Male
  • Pleo(s): Thing one(U) ,thing two(U),Sleepy(U),Zooey(U),Lumpy (RB) Alphonze (in parts)
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Swedish_chef
    • Joe_Cool
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 06:29:37 AM »

Thanks for your thoughts.

I just wanted to wish everybody a great 2014

And notify that a new Pleo (Ugobe) has been adopted. The poor thing was auctioned on eBay Australia for such a low price that I could not help myself.

So that makes three, (and the family keeps growing).

She had a rather floppy neck and slightly twisted head, so I though it might have a broken wire.

Surgical approach was really easy for the neck (considering I am a surgeon), I found that:

-Cables were intact
-The vertebrae were intact.
-The neck was slightly floppy and misaligned

I realized that whoever designed the neck was a group of excellent engineers, but could have used some knowledge of anatomy.

After making a set of foam "intervertebral discs" and two "paravertebral ligaments" with insulating tape the neck feels 100 times better.

Will make a post about this in the "Problems" section.

Happy New Year everyone.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 07:50:57 AM »

Wow! Of all the materials I thought of for replacing those vertebrae I never thought of using foam. It would definitely beat the expense of three D printing plastic ones. How does she move? I would think there might be a little resistance on the inside of the skin from the two materials sliding over one another. I'll be looking forward to hearing more about this.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 06:37:31 PM »

I am really hoping you took photos of what you did.  I would love to see.  If it makes a difference to the stability of the neck it could be a great improvement and others might want to try it also.   :)

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 07:09:59 PM »

Hey, so you're the one who won that Ugobe I had my eye on ;). Sadly, it only shipped within Australia -_-  Oh well, at least it got a good new owner.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 03:31:38 PM »

Definitely do add your surgery pics and comments to our neck repair thread, all new information is valuable :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 10:34:33 PM »

Thing Three has evolved with a new lease on, animated, life ;D welcome to the forum Krausz :)

Krausz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • au Male
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Swedish_chef
    • Joe_Cool
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 09:00:34 AM »

Hello Everyone:

I am still running some tests as I think there are more problems with Thing 3 (Now renamed "Zooey" by my daughter Lori who is her official mom).

There is an occasional click in the knees, but I have not been able to isolate the problem.

The neck works great 90% of the time, and has full range and better stability, yet I think I have to thin the foam discs a little bit, since I get an occasional neck clicking in extreme positions (up and to the sides).

It is a shame that I will have to open her again, cause the paint job will require a touch up (and it took three days to be done right) (She has a pink brownish skin)

I will keep you posted as I think will book her surgery for next week, we have to do a little traveling this week.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 09:37:49 AM »

Please ( please :pray: please  :pray: please) be sure to take LOTS of photos and/or videos at each step of the procedure.  As you might have guessed, necks are the bane of pleos, and the more knowledge and experience that can be shared on this topic is of great help to many people.  So any time someone with expertise in an area can share, it is much appreciated!  :flowers:  :bouquet1:

And especially on the foam discs, if you could take some good photos, traces, measurements, and/or schematics would be very much appreciated!  Anything new that could potentially help a lot is something we really want to learn about!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal