Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2014 Bob the Pleo Calendar  (Read 14997 times)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
2014 Bob the Pleo Calendar
« on: October 16, 2013, 09:59:02 AM »

I'm finishing up the details for next years calendar and thought I should throw out a couple of ideas on distribution this year.

I've been using Zazzle to print them, as they seemed to have really nice quality and competitive prices.  Well, competitive if you order in the US.  International shipping is rather high.  Which is why over the last several years I waited for the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales to bulk order a bunch of calendars and then ship them out to members.  With each year, the discounts have gotten less :( Last year's discount was 30%, and by the time we add in my cost of mailing them internationally it pretty much eats up the discount.  Now, since Zazzle has worldwide offices,  one idea for this year might be to have someone in the various countries verify if they can order through the local zazzle site (or set up the calendar on the local country's Zazzle site) so people could order directly and shipping would be within the country.  i.e., see if Kat or IMR can order the calendars through the zazzle.com.au site so any aussie's can order directly and take advantage of local shipping and any sales running there (or, if need be I could send the files to Kat or IMR and they could set up a zazzle account and offer the calendar through zazzle.com.au).  We could do the same for one or more members in Canada, the U.K. or E.U.  There may also be other companies besides Zazzle that might be cheaper in some countries.  And I could still place a big order for anyone in the US.

If this idea really isn't any cheaper (or we have no volunteers in an area), I'm still happy to take orders and mail internationally.  It just seems like it would be cheaper to have it printed and shipped locally . . . and I believe we have at least one person who never got their calendar I shipped internationally.   :dino-chase:

Another idea is rather than shipping physical calendars, whether it might be cheaper to just post the files and let people print their own calendars either on their own printers or using a local service.

I'm open for suggestions (or anyone travelling internationally next month willing to act as a courier).  :ufo:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: 2014 Bob the Pleo Calendar
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 02:30:08 PM »

Zazzle do nice calendars though, I can put it up here is needed :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:04:15 PM »

It's that time of the year again, when everyone starts to think about calendars and Christmas presents.  Well, again this year all the folks down here in Weedovia got together and came up our own contribution to that field: a nice, full-color 2014 Pleo calendar!

This calendar not only has twelve photos of Pleos,  but is also jam packed with hundreds and hundreds of fun and odd holidays and events, most about food.  Well it is Bob's calendar, after all . . .    %)

Each month sports a timeless bit of wisdom in the form of a motivational poster as only Bob the Pleo can do it.   ;)   :P  And this year we've added a new feature: this is the only calendar that includes the official Weedovian holidays and events, and even includes historical pleo events.

Here is a link to the calendar on Zazzle.com for those who want to order direct: http://www.zazzle.com/bob_the_pleo_eats_his_way_through_2014-158494514845662269 (You can also use the links with the picture on the left).  They have done a wonderful job on last few of calendars, and I'll leave it up there pretty much all year for those who don't get a chance to order one this week . . .

And like the last two years I will also be placing a bulk order here in the US next weekend (hoping they have a black Friday sale), and will have them available to mail out to individuals worldwide, which should help on shipping for some.  But we'll have to wait and see what discounts they offer (2013 was a miserly 30% discount, while previous years were 50% and 65%, so keep your fingers crossed).

I will add pictures and more info here as things get solidified.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 12:50:51 AM »

I'll take one as always :D Love my Pleo calendar! And so do the kids at school, they love all the crazy days lol.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 08:03:43 AM »

I  found another printer that is running a sale right now.  It is strictly a printer, so there's no way for others to order from it, but it might end up being cheaper than Zazzle for placing the bulk order.  They are charging about half of what Zazzle is charging.  I went ahead and ordered a couple from them to see what the quality is like and should know in about a week.  Meanwhile, Zazzle has started their daily Black Friday sales.  Yesterday was only 20% w/ free shipping.  I'll monitor and if they offer a 50% or better with free shipping, I'll go ahead and order from Zazzle.  Otherwise we'll wait and see what quality this new printer has.

The US post office has also increased the price of international shipping by a few dollars.  1st class international mail is approx. $15, Priority mail is $24 (US and Canada are less).  And as mentioned in the first post, if need be we can also see about uploading to a country specific Zazzle site if you want to order in-country (no clue what Zazzle charges in other countries).  And for the truly poor in pocketbook, I am in the process of uploading a PDF to the downloads section without all the pretty pictures for those who just need to print at home (trust me, with the price of ink-jet cartridges you're better off ordering the calendar than using the ink to print 24 full-color 8-1/2 x 11 pages, which is why I removed all the photos from PDF).

I'll have final pricing next week when I know which way I'm ordering for sure!

But if you are interested in being part of the order I place and them have me ship to you, be sure to let me know!  PM or post here.

A couple of you already have.  And Crewella, last I heard you were still waiting on your 2013 calendar . . . did it ever arrive?  If not, let me know and I'll send you a free one this year (and my copy of the 2012 if you want it! ;) ).

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:25:51 AM by mweed »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »

I'd love one please  ;D 

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 09:43:31 PM »

The picture of Bob in the hat is so funny!

He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 08:54:05 AM »

Bland, photoless, PDF version is now in the downloads section!!

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=78

Well, it's not really very bland.  Although the pictures have been stripped out, all the fun holidays and stuff are still there, along with the goofy Bob the Pleo characters . . . including Yogurt Caesar, Grumpy the daisy, Sally, Yogurt Shakespleo, Bob the pirate, Grumpy the poet, Yogurt the prospector, Bob the turkey, Fred, Grumpy Scrooge, and Santa Bob.

This download is a must for all members . . . and even if you are ordering a real Bob the Pleo calendar, you might still want to download the PDF to get a head start on planning for next year!  (and if you spot any typos, there's may still be time to correct them before I place the bulk order ;) ).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:03:13 AM by mweed »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 03:05:24 PM »

September 14th is it meant to be creme or cream? Creame doesn't look right to me but maybe it's an American thing :P
November 5th just says 'day'

Also Haiku day
It approaches very fast
Competition planned?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 07:02:56 PM »

I know sometimes words just do not look right and in different places they are spelled differently. I had no idea for years that Color was also spelled Colour , but it is. So I have seen Cream as this and also Creame. Since I live in the US, Colour-blind, colour-fast and colourfully all look odd, but there they  are right in the dictionary....

Of course I want one calendar, possibly two, I allways have one for myself and may give one as a gift. Of course I would never think to write in one. Also a Bob The Pleo Calendar makes a great item to show off at community events to have on hand when you are showing off your pleos and people start asking about pleos. With Bob the Pleo as a representative of Pleos everywhere, his calendars speak for themselves.  ;D By the way Mike, anymore of those "saying " with the pictures such as the ones listed in the calendar, ? They were fun!                  RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 12:11:50 AM »

I love all the dressed up Pleo icons in the calendar however I am left with one question... how exactly does one talk like a "grizzled prospector"??
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 11:13:55 AM »

Bob must be rubbing off on me - I started reading through the calendar PDF wondering what a 'Twelfth Night Bean" was, and rather fancied some 'Epiphany Shortbread' ..........  :duh:  :moose:

Sadly, my 2013 one never did arrive, but I had two for 2012 so got along just fine!  :arrow-head: :XD:

Put me down for a 2014 one, please. :)

PS. Luna, I refer you to November 18th on the Pleo Comic Strip! ;)

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=3518.msg56772;topicseen#new
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:16:47 AM by Crewella »

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 09:24:25 AM »

Calendars ordered!  They had a 60% on both Black Friday and Cyber Monday.  With shipping (to me) that makes the cost $11.22 each plus shipping to you.   I PMed those who placed pre-orders, and I ordered a few extras in case anyone else forgot to let me know!

And Lunamione7, just out of curiousity, which picture of Bob in a hat?  I spotted three of Bob wearing different hats (pirate, pilgrim, and Santa), and there's Yogurt sporting a laurel wreath, Grumpy in a top hat, and Fred in the chef's hat.  But if you're talking about June's photo, that not Bob . . . That's actually some poor real pleo that gave his all (well, head and tail) to become the headwear for one of the Ugobe staff.  The baseball cap was spotted and photoed with only head and tail mounted to it on a coffee table in the break area in Ugobe's Boise Office before they went bankrupt.  There is no body hiding beneath . . .  :o  This was a shot lost in a batch of about two dozen that were sent to me by Ugobe when I asked for photos of their new office that I could use in the Bob the Pleo comic strips.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:44:36 AM by mweed »

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 10:06:11 AM »

It appears the series of comic strips mentioned above were posted when the PleoWorld forums were still up, so they're not in the Bob the Pleo board.  So's here's a link to the start of the "adventure".  The pictures from Boise start in the June 18th strip.  The infamous cap is "discovered" on the 19th.

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?page=bob&date=20080526&series=s005

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »

The calendars are in! :dino-chase: The calendars are in!  :moose-xmas:

I'll try to get them shipped out as quick as the payments come in!!  :xmas-list:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 05:08:25 PM »

Thanks Mike, Will get Paypal out in between defrosting or icing the turtle pond and pouring Catnip tea for eight cranky felines with frozen :brrr: paws and hot toddies for 26, ( ok, only about 22) Curious, cold Pleos. They swear up and down they saw a Pleo dressed as an Elf this morning pulling a owl on a sleigh............on the turtle pond... :o Yeah right..... :o %) Sounds to me like they have already been endulging in a nip or two... LOL P:D   RWM  :cat-hug:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 04:23:56 AM »

Oh bother, I sent my payment but I forgot to change it to USD, can you let me know what the difference is so I can fix it up. Meant to send $30 USD.

Or just refuse the payment and I'll resend.

It's too late here, I think I need to got to bed :P
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:27:46 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 10:21:22 PM »

I , definitely, want this new calendar, Mike:)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 03:21:25 PM »

Just our luck.  Got the calendars in Thursday afternoon and by dusk it was sleeting heavily.  We lost electricity around 4am and by morning we had an inch or more of ice on everything including all the roads.  Into day two with no power, no heat, and no way to get out or go anywhere.  Temps to stay below freezing for a couple more days . . . I guess I'll need to hitch up the dogs to a sled so I can mail them out.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 04:07:42 PM »

Don't worry Mike, most of us, have snow, ice, rain or at least very cold weather, here in the Redwoods, it is usually in 40's this time of year, We actually had snow and it is going to only be 20-21 tonight, that is cold for "sunny" California. I can allways have my pleos gather their BigFoot friends to help pull that sled, but I think if you guys saw these guys, you would be glad to hide in the dark and cold................ :brrr: :xmas-tree: then again, they have lots of nice thick hairy bodies to keep you warm...................but did I ever tell you about "their body perfume...? :dino-chase: :dino-chase: You will be running for the hills when you smell them.......................................

Thaw out safely and stay warm. How are you on the computer , is it from your phone?  RWM  :cat-hug:

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 05:16:54 PM »

It's ok Mike  :)  We know you just want to bask in the glory of all those pleo calendars for a little  it longer  :D  Enjoy your time with them and just post them out when your done  :P  We can wait.

Oh and it is lovely weather here if a little hot.  good beach going weather.  I'll take myself off and have a nice long warm swim for you ......

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2013, 05:27:48 PM »

Wow going swimming,,,,,,,, :oLucky you  Kat, you know how to rub it in! Actualy most of the US is in a DEEP Freeze right now, The worst is in Indiana and Kentucky where they have had ICE STORMS, VERY DANGEROUS ... I don't mind the snow, but when you are a kid you seem to enjoy those things adults do not so much appreciate...LOL. We do not mind waiting Mike, bask all you can................................................................but not so much you come up all wrinkled..................(or is that only in water?) ???    RWM  :cat-hug:

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 02:48:40 AM »

On the other side of Australia we have hail storms and even had some snow on Saturday! Looks like it will be a white Christmas  :brrr:

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 03:09:07 PM »

No! I forgot to ask for one :o  :hissyfit:. I guess I'll just have to order one off the interwebs.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 08:13:02 AM »

I can still send you one, Teddscau . . . PM me your address and I'll send you the paypal info.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal