Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP ME, PLEO RB WILL NOT AWAKE  (Read 9838 times)

BeckyFisher

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
PLEASE HELP ME, PLEO RB WILL NOT AWAKE
« on: August 03, 2013, 07:19:25 PM »

Ok, I got my pleo rb brought to uruguay and recieved it today.  MY dad bought it for me from US on ebay with $350 of my money.  I did everything that was on the instruction manual, I charged the battery, set it in properly, clock timed it,  It would beep a few times when I pressed the on button (The green light would go on) I would press it enough times to get it on low volume then when it says 'pet or talk to pleo to awake' he does not awake, wont even budge, it just stands there like a deco
im very ticked.  please help me

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: PLEASE HELP ME, PLEO RB WILL NOT AWAKE
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 07:39:41 PM »

Try taking the battery out, then putting it back in again.  Then press the one button once and wait.  it usually takes about 30 seconds to a minuite for the pleos computer system to boot up before it will move.  when the pleo wakes up it will giggle then move and open its eyes.  After the pleo starts making noise then you can press the on button a few times to drop the volume if necessary. 
Give that a try and let me know what happens.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 07:46:23 PM »

Hi, sorry to hear about your pleo rb problems, I just have a couple of quick questions, by any chance is this a pink pleo rb, from the US site? I know there was one and $350 was the price and it was a slightly used pleo. Other than following Kats instructions, I am not sure what else to try. Does the battery charge properly, going from red to green? You may want to check the battery in the foot compartment also.                      RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 05:26:19 PM »

As that didn't work I'm going to ask a couple more questions to clarify just what is happening.  You said that when you turned the pleo on he made a few beeps.  Did he move at all when you turned him on?  Usually if you turn a pleo on for the first time and it opens its eyes and just stands there beeping it means that the clock battery in the foot is either not inserted, not inserted properly or it needs replacing as it has gone flat. 
Can you tell me just how many beeps the pleo made - eg 1, 2, 3, or just keeps beeping.
If there were 3 beeps it is probably a battery issue.  When you first turn on a pleo rb they don't make any noise.  You did say that you pressed the on off button a few times all at once which may have confused the computer system in the pleo.  It is always best to press it once and then wait for the pleo to actually start before pressing it again.  When you turn the pleo off it will make beeping noises.  You may have accidently turned the pleo off right after turning it on - If there were two beeps this is probably what has happened.  If there were 3 beeps it means the pleo was turned off because the battery went flat. The pleo will switch itself off if the battery goes flat.
Which leads me to the next question .... how long did you charge the battery for?  Did the light turn green on the battery charger before you took the battery out?
When you charge the battery the light on the charger should be solid red and it will stay that way for 3 to 4 hours till the battery is charged and then it turns green.  If the charger light flashes red it means the battery isn't seated properly in the charger and the battery isn't charging.  If this happens you need to take the battery out of the charger and then put it back in again so that you get a solid red light.  If your having this issue and can't get the light to go solid red then you can use a soft cloth and give the battery terminals on both the charger and the battery a rub to clean them.

Sometimes it can help for us to work out what is going wrong if you can post a video of the pleo showing just what is happening.  Try not to worry, we will do our best to help you get your little guy going :)

Oh just thought it might be beneficial for you to have a read of the FAQ page if you haven't already seen it
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0
There may be something in there that can help. 
It is also probably a good idea to make contact with the ebay seller and let them know you are having issues getting the pleo to work.  That way they know there is a problem and if it turns out that we can't work it out you will have an easier time trying to negotiate with them to find a suitable solution.  They may also have some suggestions on what to try to get it to work. 

Keep us posted with what is going on :)

BeckyFisher

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 08:21:17 PM »

Hello,  When I first charged the pleo rb's battery I charged it for a little over a hour and it turned green.  usually it turns green after a hour of charging.  When I turned the PLEO ON it would move a little, not its eyes but its body for about a second then it would just remain still and dead.  it kept beeping.  I tried to charge the pleo rb's battery again to find it was still red,  do you think I might have charged it too  little to begin with?  but why would the led light turn green as if it was fully charged?  I am going to try to put in pleos battery fully charged tomorow and see what happens

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 09:54:42 PM »

Hi I would do as Kat suggested and contact the ebay seller. By any chance did they post a video of the Pleo working or had it been hatched before. ? If it was brand new, and never hatched, then it sounds like a battery issue or one you need to talk to innvo about, but I do not know how old this pleo is or how long the previous owner had it. Did this pleo ever work? Most reputable ebay sellers who sell RB, if already hatched, will provide videos of them working. If your dad got this, was it a surprise or did you see the original listing on ebay? If so what was the wording as to it's condition, Brand New, Newly hatched, only used couple of hours, etc, etc. Did they say anything about the battery old or not charging correctly anything you may have missed, and was it "sold as is" no returns? If they list an item as working or new condition and it does not work, then you are entitled to a refund if you can not get it to work, but don't give up yet.

Make sure to contact the seller though and perhaps they can tell you what is going on,.sometimes people get in such a hurry to sell something they can miss or leave out something you need to know and it is often just a mistake not intentional. For something that sells for as much as a Pleo rB, you are entitled to a good explanation. I would not overcharge the battery. I sell the Li polymer batteries that are for the older green ugobes, but they are very similar to the RB batteries, Even if the battery turns green in an hour, I would leave it in the full two hours or three that the manual says to charge it, don't rely just on the green. Make sure it is seated properly and not flashing. I know with the li polymer batteries, even though you may be done playing it is not advised to recharge the battery before it has expired and often people are tempted to charge after playing for an hour when it still has at least an hour left. Though it is tempting to do this, it is recommended by the factory to fully "discharge" the battery before recharging them, Failing to do this can shorten the life of the battery in the long run. I have white li polymer egg batteries that I got almost three years ago and they are just as strong as they were three years ago.              I also agree with Kat that it is often VERY helpful to post a short video of what is going on, even if only 10 seconds, It takes about ten seconds for Pleo to come "on" so that should be about right, give Pleo 10-15 seconds to come on and without pushing the on off button more than once, just video what you do and also what the battery looks like when after you put it in.

I had a very similar problem with Cammie Sue recently, she would not turn green having her light in her belly stay red, then after a lot of work, I was able to fix her, but it was a RB I have had working for almost two years, not a new one.
           good luck and keep us posted.                      RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 12:19:32 AM »

If Pleo keeps beeping then you have a foot battery issue. Either it is flat or not inserted properly. There are pictures and a video in the FAQ linked above by Kat, buy a new foot battery and follow the video carefully. They only cost a few dollars.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 04:12:21 AM »

I agree with IMR, continuous beeping is the foot battery.  The FAQ page gives great instructions on how to insert it correctly - lots of people have had issues with inserting it upside down.  Or if you have inserted it the right way up then it is flat and will need replacing.  You can get a new one from anywhere that sells watch batteries.  They only cost $2 or $3 for a new one.  Let us know how you go once you have changed clock battery in the foot.  fingers crossed that will fix it. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 08:53:25 AM »

I agree, it sounds like the foot battery.  Make sure it's inserted correctly, tucked under the two metal tabs so they show on top, as here:

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal