Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giving your Pleo a 'voice' :)  (Read 27023 times)

grin06

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
Re: Giving your Pleo a 'voice' :)
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 09:28:13 PM »

IMR, you are right, pleo is so stubborn, only the startup and pulling the tail shadowing works for my pleo. ive done shadowing to most sound files like curiosity, social, wimper...As for taa daa file, Pleo just perfomed the balancing without saying the words as shadowed .

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 09:45:31 PM »

That may be a corrupt sound file... Just try another to be sure, if not you might have shadowed the wrong one or made a spelling error. Unfortunately no one has gotten around to documenting when each sound is played :(

I can see why you're comparing yourself to the Professor from Gilligan's island, IMR. In your profile I mean.

Because I can turn a coconut into a radio???

Oooh wait you mean because I can record a sound and change its file name ;) Its not that hard... really its not :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:48:39 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 03:40:10 PM »

*Headdesks whilst laughing hysterically*
No, but it reminds me of when he quotes all those random formulas and knows how to do all sorts of randomly cool things (yes, like turn a coconut into a radio - sort of).
Maybe you don't think it's hard, but I do. XD
There you go.  ;D
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 05:39:04 PM »

Hehe ok :) Its really not that hard, just too much time on my hands and a desire to learn everything :P If you had asked me two years ago what HTML, CSS or PAWN was I wouldn't have been able to tell you :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 01:06:57 AM »

Hi, I just read this file, and it sounds so great, I won't get any work done at all if I can ever figure this out.  ???I do have a question though. I know Pleos are very stubborn sometimes, and Nova is no exception, ( the little darling...............) I am not sure if I have heard the Moo yet or not, probably not. Is there something special you do to make them "moo," or is it part of their program. Also I was recording her doing nothing special, just interacting with a Star Wars figure and she wanted him to Play with her, like wagging tail, etc. and it sounded like she " BARKED LIKE A DOG! is that a sound they do on their own too, with no owner interference, ? Just curious...........this all sounds like fun, fun, fun~
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 12:13:45 PM »

I never know when my dinos will moo, but you will certainly know Nova is mooing because it is quite loud. Just one BIG moo!A few years back I atteneded the Maker's Faire in San Mateo and was given an sd card with nothing but mooing on it. Unfortunatley I think I deleted it to put another skit on the card. Wish I still had it, now.
Once in a while I think our little dinos like to bark.  Again I think it is just random.There are two ways to make Nova go into watch dog mode. I never could seem to do it without the program. Heavens knows I tried! ;) <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na4PKvfUG1I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na4PKvfUG1I</a>        <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqodo3pWP3E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqodo3pWP3E</a>

Peeky is in the black tank top with the green trim. They sound more like a train when all mooing together.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:25:16 PM by fancyfont »

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 08:15:29 PM »

My computer's gone nuts and I can't see any videos.  :P Can you post the link, Fancy?

Bummer! That would be so funny to watch!

Lol that was an amusing sentence... ;)

"I was given an Sd card with nothing but mooing on it!"  %)

LOL  ;D
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 10:55:48 AM »

Here's the links http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na4PKvfUG1I&feature=player_embedded  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqodo3pWP3E&feature=player_embedded#
I hope this works for you Bumblebee. The Moo in was very cute. All of the pleos had been given a sd card with a whole bunch of mooing on them. We tried to start all of the pleos at the same time but as you can hear and see they all went their own ways. ;D

allosaurus

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 03:53:14 PM »

Haha, fancy, they really do sound like trains!  ;D

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 08:15:59 PM »

Oh wow. Yes I can see them now!
They DO sound like trains! XD

Ian bell

• Hatchling
  • ua Male
  • Pleo(s): none
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 12:45:05 AM »

The current best text to speech software for your pc is Text Speaker. It has customizable pronunciation, reads anything on your screen, and it even has talking reminders.  The bundled voices are well priced and sound very human.  Voices are available in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, and more. Easily converts anything you can read to MP3 or for listening instantly or to use with your Pleo

aibomick

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • gb Male
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2021, 04:52:41 AM »

Hi all - I've been experimenting with shadowing and having great fun. As a 'heads up' the only web site that I can find that does anything useful with regards to TTS with usables 'voices' and free wav file downloads is here - https://fakeyou.com/
I've been using Blaze the Cat 'voice' for my pleos - sounds like a cheeky young girl-cat..... you still have to 'convert' the files in software to the right format but it's easy and almost instant.
No - pleo doesn't always behave and say what you expect - but it's great fun every now and again to hear "I'm bored!" or "My name is Pleo!"

aibomick

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • gb Male
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2022, 11:29:31 AM »

Well everyone - I've been making lots of progress and having lots of fun with my 2 Pleo's (no names yet). I'm going to upload a few zip files - given the Moderators OK that is of course.
The first one is a MS Excel file which kind of tabulates where I'm up to and what you're looking for.

I have prepared two lots of .urf sound files. Only put one set at a time on your SD card. The named 'urf's are the ones where Pleo will speak the phrases in the right hand column. For example he or she will say "I'm hungry!" or "I'm really sad"  etc.   

The other set, defined by numbers, correlate to sound files where Pleo will do one of two things - speak the number of the sound file. This may sound a little crazy, but it let's you know what sound he would have been making at that time. The idea is for you to take a note of his circumstances and devise an appropriate thing for him to be saying. My notes are in the middle column somewhere. To the left of that are asterisks - this is how many times my Pleo 'spoke' the file name. In some circumstances I've included him saying the 'mood' if it is known ... like "Sad 4096" etc. This will help you. You can then create your own sound file to match the mood and circumstances - like I have with some - like "I'm really sad" instead of "Sad 4096". Simply rename your file 4096.urf with your version and he will say that... simple.

OK this is getting long - I'm only working on the back of other Pleo fans here who did the groundwork with sound shadowing and discovering the file names and the first Excel file - I'm simply expanding on their work.

Ask any questions but if you look up the thread most things will be answered..... yay!

aibomick

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • gb Male
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2022, 09:06:30 AM »

OK so it seems the Moderators don't like my Downloads or they're on holiday.....  ( a joke  ;D) but you can now download all three files from the Downloads section on the Forum here.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 03:36:31 AM by aibomick »

pnhicks

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2022, 11:14:22 AM »

Aibomick,

This mod is NOT on holiday.

Why do you think I don't like your downloads?

Sincerely,

Peter

aibomick

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • gb Male
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2022, 06:15:41 AM »

Hey Peter - I'm a cheerful kinda guy - just a joke really - only because they didn't get 'approved' - it's really not a problem to host them myself - which I did - just thought they ought to be on here all together.
I'm interested and keen to ressurect a little tech interest in Pleo - I'm also posting a few bits and bobs on the FB page (but the threading issue means that in a few days it's down the bottom of a long page of random "Here's yet another pic of my cute Pleo" posts) and Laila's Lots Of Bots website.....

No worries ..... I'm chilled .... just not much activity here I guess recently.... but I keep rying to re-sell Bob the Pleo on FB as well. This is a fantastic uner rated resource. I want to keep it alive is all  ;D

Mick - alias Aibomick - alias Oscar Dios on FB - alias Mick the Vic to my church family   ;)

(Besides - they're still showing as 'Not Approved' - I guess that just means 'yet' if it even matters now.......  http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=myfiles;u=3752)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 06:18:17 AM by aibomick »

pnhicks

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2022, 06:30:09 AM »

Hi Mick,

I am unable to see your downloads awaiting approval!??

Can you give me a date you tried to post them?

There are sections of the forum that are not working as advertised, but as the boss has very limited time to dedicate to fixing it, I try to consolidate requests.

Cheers Peter

aibomick

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • gb Male
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2022, 09:42:40 AM »

Hi Peter, just a quickie then - if you click the link I gave in the previous post you can see the files listed as Not Approved along with the date....   :thumbsup: Mick

pnhicks

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2022, 11:02:50 AM »

Hi Mick,

That's what I did, and all I can see is the approved Pleopatra download?!

I am going to download it from your post and see if I can upload it as a test.

Cheers!

Peter

pnhicks

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2022, 05:39:56 AM »

Hey Mick,

You can find your downloads in the Pleo Skits section of downloads.

If you see errors or want a correction, let me know.  I can delete then and let you post them so you can add what you want and get the authorship!

Cheers!

Peter

aibomick

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • gb Male
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2022, 09:24:37 AM »

Hey no - that's fine - not worried about Authorship - it's really only a continution of other people's work - so long as people have access it's enough - thanks Peter.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal