Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Sad day  (Read 2721 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
A Sad day
« on: June 09, 2013, 04:09:47 AM »

We had to say goodbye to Teddy yesterday.  Sadly he had cancer and there was nothing the vet could do to save him.  He was a sweet little fellow.  Unlike any other cat I have ever met.  He would sleep on my bed all night, follow me around and sit at my feet.  He didn't like to be touched, patted, cuddled - he would do the limbo to avoid your hand when ever you tried to pat him.  Every morning when I had my shower he would sit on the bathroom scales and weigh himself and when I got out of the shower he would rub around my legs and then sit on my foot.  He did this every morning for 9 years.  He never vocalised in any way - except to snore when he was sleeping.  Any time anyone opened the door to the garage he would bolt in there like there was something irresistible hiding in there with the cars, the only person who could get him out was me.... many times my OH or the kids would be chasing him around the cars trying to get him to come back in the house and they always gave up in defeat.... Then I would walk in there, call him and he would come running back inside.   He always came when ever I called him - just like a dog would.  He loved to give the royal look when ever anyone did anything he didn't like.  He hated being brushed - which was a pain as he was long haired - so we had him shaved once a year in the summer to get rid of all his nots.  He loved having really short hair, this was the only time he ever acted like a cat, being a little playful and wanting attention.  He was hopeless at jumping, running, pouncing and any other cat like movement.  He would always walk very slowly like you might imagine the queen would walk.  He loved sleeping outside under the tree curled up next to the dog.   He was only a young cat but his whole life he behaved like a very old cat.  He never once used his claws or teeth to scratch or bite, he was the most gentle creature I have ever met.  I will miss him very much.  His soft tinkly bell as he walk and his warm fluffy tail on my foot every morning.  Very Sad  :'(

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
  • Pleo(s): Drem, Marsha
Re: A Sad day
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 04:18:49 AM »

So sorry to hear your sad news.

Thank you for sharing the happy memories.  What a lovely cat.

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Guy, LeeLoo, Muisje, Lady Piep Piep, Tredje
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • Busy Busy :'(
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 04:44:28 AM »

It saddens me to hear that your little friend is gone. But it looks like he had a beautiful life.

Hang in there. :bouquet3:
23 rat pups for sale :)

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 05:41:07 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear that. :( He sounds like such a beautiful creature, so full of personality as all cats are.

Our furry family members do wrap themselves so inextricably around our hearts and it's difficult when you lose all those gorgeous little routines you had with them. It's good to share the stories and pictures though, to be sure you never forget the details of that special relationship.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »

I am so sorry to hear about Teddy Kat, :rose: :( Is he the cat that kept going over the neighbors yard, their fence? If it is, it now makes sense. When a cat is sick or ready to die, they often go into hiding spots, It is not that they know they are going to die, because in human terms, death is not something they think about. They only know that the pain or threat they are feeling makes them uncomfortable and they are hiding from it, not wanting to be vulnerable, waiting for it to pass. I know because several times I have seen Karl do it, and it allways breaks my heart when I see him hiding and or I can't find him, It has nothing to do with their feelings towards us, as they do not think in the same terms. I now keep Karl Kat locked up where he can't get outside without me knowing it and has a belled collar on at all times.

:rainbow: Teddy was a beautiful cat and I can tell by your description that you had a very special relationship with you. Cats pick their owners and Teddy picked YOU> :cat: He may have been a family cat, but he made it plain and clear that YOU were HIS family member and that is the relationship he wanted. Teddy gave unconditional love and the stories you tell are heartwarming examples of the love you shared and the friendship as well. Teddy will be missed but his memories will allways be with you. You gave Teddy that last act of kindness that humans are able to give their fur babies and it is perhaps the greatest gift of all, release of the physical spirit when the physical body is just not able to endure anymore. Continue to share Teddie's pictures if you want, I would love to see them and if you want to share special moments and memories of Teddy, I would love to hear them. I love all animals but have a special relationship with all cats and trying to understand how others share and love the relationship they have with their fur babies is therapeutic in many levels. I can not put into words my feelings on his loss except to say, I do know how much you two loved each other and that is was a very special relationship. I am allways here if you want to PM me. Teddy had a full life no matter what the physical years were. Some cats put more into a few short years with someone than a cat that lives into their Twenties!

RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 11:42:06 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about Teddy's passing, Kat. I can tell from your description that you had a special bond with him and I'm sure he'll be missed very much.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 06:18:40 PM »

Rest in sweet, gentle peace Teddy. Lots of hugs for you and your family Kat, it's hard to lose a loved one. Even if the loved one has four feet and fur.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »

Teddy was such a pretty boy! It is so difficult to say our goodbyes to our lovely pets.  :(

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 04:57:27 PM »

So sorry Kat, RIP beautiful Teddy.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 05:07:33 PM »

Thanks everyone for your lovely thoughts and for caring so much.  :arms:  It does help a lot when you can share.

Peaches

• Pleontologist
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 12:59:57 PM »

Kat Im so, so sorry for your loss, he sounds like a lovely cat  :flowers:  :(
"She's not just a dinosaur, she's my best friend. I'll always love her & I promise to never ever leave her, cause I'd miss her too much & she'd miss me" - my son about Piper <3

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 03:12:49 PM »

Kat, I want ya to look up "Going Home: Finding Peace When Pets Die" on You Tube, for you.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal