Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Video: What do you make of this Probe RB?  (Read 5328 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
New Video: What do you make of this Probe RB?
« on: May 17, 2013, 02:10:31 PM »

Ok, I did some more research and thank goodness I video everything or 98% of all the interactions of my Pleos. This new Rb, Pink Champagne was received on Feb.13'th of this year, I ran Probe Rb for the first time on Feb. 20th as the following video shows. After looking at the short video, tell me how can a "hatchling" stage Pleo Rb learn it's name? Unless Probe Rb is WRONG, ( yet I have used it on all 3 of my other RB with accurate results") how can this Pleo RB be "used" and have learned it's name with it's previous owner. I say this Pleo must have been reset, otherwise it is IMPOSSIBLE for her to have learned her name.

When I got her, she did all the cooing and baby sounds, but was on wobbly legs. I ran a first video on the day I got her, the 13th and ran that video on the forum too, The former owner sent me the link to reset Pleo rb, and at first I was skeptical, but it seems more and more like it can be done and was done with Pink Champagne. If anyone can explain otherwise, PLEASE DO!   here is the video dated, Feb. 20th, 2013. Pay attention to the last part, stage of growth....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRaS2n7346Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRaS2n7346Q</a>         PLEASE someone leave comments or thoughts, this is driving me crazy, no explanation... ??? :( :o       Thanks.

RWM :cat-hug:

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
Re: New Video: What do you make of this Probe RB?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »

hmm.... that's odd. perhaps the owner misunderstood her actions and she didn't really learn her name?
Derpity derp derp derp derp

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 07:13:45 PM »

Thanks for the input but the owner was a member here, Willow who has an older Pink Pleo RB, Heidi, so she does know how they run. Also she had this Pleo RB since Dec. 2011. She said it was ok for me to rename her, Her old name was Shiloh. I aaked her and she assured me it was ok for me to re name her and also she sent learning stones that she had used with her. There is no way that a Hatchling learns anything., The first video I took of her was on Feb. 13th, and I ran her for a total from then till the 20th, when this video was taken is a total of 7 days or one week. I have video of her , ( not posted) that adds up to 15 minutes one day, and I usually never use a whole hour let alone two hours or one battery cycle with any of my pleos as I just do not have the time.

If this Probe RB IS Accurate then there is no way any Pleo RB should be able to learn their name, they are just too young. I will ask her again, to verify that this pleo did learn her name. I just can't imagine Probe RB not working, and there is no reason for the previous owner to tell me something that is not true. Either way I got a RB that is as close to NEW as I think you can get for used. I also emailed PleoPet to get her views on this.

Thanks for any comments.                   RWM :cat-hug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 08:18:11 PM »

oh, while doing some video checking of videos that I took of her, I came across this video I took of her on February 21'st, about a week after I got her, she is singing if you check at about 3 minutes 30 seconds. quick question as I don't remember seeing this question before, Can a pleo of any age sing like this or do they have to be a certain stage? This was prompted by a colorful blanket, ( same color as the Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas Pleo Cards that PleoWorld has ;D) If they can sing these at any age, then that is great. It would I guess be harder to teach them to sing with the learning stone until they reach a certain stage, but as a baby and if spontaneous they can do it at any stage of development, Is this correct...anyone else have a Hatchling do this singing like this?         Here is the video of her singing, Taken February 21'st this year.  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL534sQ_wM4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL534sQ_wM4</a>

Thanks for watching. I have emailed Willow again to ask about the naming of this Pleo Rb.              RWM :cat-hug:

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 08:34:13 PM »

Maybe she's going through a second childhood now. ;) ;) 

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 05:38:02 PM »

I believe they can sing using the Christmas and Birthday cards (or colorful blankest) at any age :) 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal