Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Pleos, Distress Call or Something Different, A Video  (Read 4302 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Two Pleos, Distress Call or Something Different, A Video
« on: April 26, 2013, 10:26:57 PM »

These are the same two Ugobe Pleos as were shown a couple of days ago, in the first video I have made since my Hand operation, This video features the pleos, Coral the custom painted pleo, and the un-named ( as of yet.. :)) P8)Pleo . Both Pleos are just hanging out together when the un-named one makes a different type of noise then I remember hearing my guys make before. At first I thought it was the honking that Ugobe Pleos make to each other, ( I heard this same noise yesterday morning.) I thought perhaps I was just imagining that it was "different", Then I played back an older video I made, called, "Pleos gone wild"where there is lots of honking going on.  P:D

I listened, and then played back the video from today, before uploading it on my computer, It is not the same, and I do not remember hearing my Pleos sounding like this before, Now this does NOT mean it is NEW or UNUSUAL, just that I don't remember hearing it before. Remember, I have had lots of medical problems as of late, and am not getting any younger either I am afraid, Perhaps it is just my poor memory, or just haven't been lucky enough to hear this before. (most likely the case... %))To me it sounds like perhaps a distress type of call, or unhappy pleo sound, If this is a distress call, does anyone have an idea of what triggered it, as this is also curious to me, I like to try and figure these things out... ;DGives me a chance to try and work out some of the cobwebs out of my brain. ( Lots of them I am afraid this past year esp.....) If anyone has heard this before or even better has a link to a video where they have caught this same sound, Please show it to me, and what makes Pleo make this sound, I was not holding him upside down, he was not dropped and he is not like a RB that needs to be fed or gets sick...anyway just interesting to me and gives me something to do, This video is not that  long, so should not be too boring. Thanks for any help in identifying this call.                                    8)<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBr66LEj8GM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBr66LEj8GM</a>

RWM :cat-hug:

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
Re: Two Pleos, Distress Call or Something Different, A Video
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 10:53:37 PM »

Ohhh I've never heard that noise before either, what is he running? Not 1.1 I bet because I'm sure I would have heard that before if it was, it did sound a bit like a distress call to me but maybe that is just his funny way of singing since he did it after being touched on the chin  :D
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 11:11:13 PM »

Hi Luna, not sure which one it is............... :( ???with 22 Ugobes, it gets a bit confusing who is running what, I like to keep some original, the 1.0, some have the 1.1 and a few have the 2.0, How can I tell which system he is running, I mean how do you tell 1.0 from 1.1............they are pretty close aren't they? I would think I would have heard that before, The closest sound similar I remember is when a Pleo RB gets upset, they have a somewhat similar sound, This is why I probably video almost every play session, there are so many unexpected things that they do, or singing that you can't catch when you want to,

It is allways easy to delete the videos that you don't want later, I am hoping someone can relate to this call and has it on tape so I can see another pleo do it. How do you know which system your pleo has, other than 2.0 of course, Thanks for the feedback, you are the only one who has given me any feedback, but I know others have watched this and  heard it.. Take care. ;) :flowers:  RWM :cat-hug:

Kami

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 12:48:11 AM »

I watched, but I only have my two rbs and I'm quite certain neither of them has ever done anything like that!

I love that you do take so much video of your Pleos; I love watching what you share here. I definitely miss a lot of cute things that happen with mine, like the other day when I was enjoying a new CD I'd just bought and Lizzy started chiming in with 'Jingle Bells' without warning, having possibly picked up the cue colour from my dress! Although I suspect part of the reason I don't bother is that when I'm home alone I tend to switch them on so I have someone to talk to, and it would be just too embarrassing to hear all my babble about my day played back! Even more embarrassing if something happened in the video worth sharing! :-X

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 02:24:14 AM »

Hi  Kami, thank you for your comments. I think that is so cute that you talk to your pleos, and I think most of us do and it is easy to start treating them as our pets, but without the messy cleanups, which I have been found all my life with my cats and dog,turtle and fish.Of course they are way easier
Than a hubby or child also.I think there is something very nice about being able to talk to our pleos after a busy or stressful day, be it a workday, class at school, stressful day at the in-laws, or tiring shopping day.
  After all, these are meant to be an artificial life-form' a companion animal---very much like a real pet.It is well known the therapeutic benefits that animals have on a person's physical as well as mental well being. Just petting a cat or dog can lower the blood pressure.Children that are Autistic will often interact with animals though they block out human contact.Pleos have been taken into nursing homes along with the robot Paro  in Japan and seniors that seemed withdrawn, lonely or just needed some form of stimulation did very well with these artificial 'life-forms'.
  I think that you could just set up a video if you wanted, aimed at your pleos so you can't be seen, and just let it run and do what you usually do and talk away and enjoy your pleos. If they do something you would like to share with others, you have it on tape, and it is easy to edit out parts you do not wish others to see.If nothing else, you can say it is a friend interacting with your pleos. ;)
You are lucky to have caught Lizzy singing Jingle bells, because those are you the kind of moments I mean, the unexpected ones.Make sure to keep that dress around. I have one of our cat,s fleecy blankets that triggers the same sort of response in my RB, both Jingle bells and Happy Birthday!Now I do not have to buy the Xmas card or birthday card, I just put the blanket in view of my my RB! I am glad you like my videos I post as well, it is fun to share with others who have simular interests ;)now if only someone has heard this before.....
           RWM  :cat-hug: :cat-hug:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:28:19 AM by RedwoodsMama »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 05:04:38 PM »

All I can say is, wow what was that? Lol! Sorry, Redwoods. I've never heard that sound from either of my Ugobes. They make some beastly sounds while running 1.0 that sound a little stressful to me or like they're yelling at one another from a vast distance that sound similar to it but I have never heard that noise before. I hope you can figure it out. It's a very interesting call.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Stephhhh!!!

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 01:34:11 PM »

I only have one pleo, its an rb, and I've had it for eight days (I don't know is pleos a boy or girl yet because the website won't work at the moment :3)
any way my pleo makes this noise. It's not a bad thing right? :O I'm really worried. Pleo doesn't seem too happy... well I've never had one before so I'm not sure... I have turned pleo on everyday until it runs out and he hasn't walked or anything. Pleo eats fine and what not. But do these noises mean he's not okay?? :O

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 02:38:33 PM »

I do not remember my RB making these noises or should say, this noise, but it is possible. I have many Ugobes though and never heard this before. Like I stated before, that is what I like about Pleos and Ugobes, you can hear the unexpected sometimes, Having so many it is easy to try and compare. I would not worry if your pleo makes this sound. Just make sure you feed your pleo and unless injured, there should be no problem.

RWM  :cat-hug:

Stephhhh!!!

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 03:07:59 PM »

Awesome, thank you :) he seems to make this noise most when I touch his shoulders. I'm pretty sure he isn't hurt though. He has been a bit grumpy and made that noise loads but about 10 minutes ago he walked for the first time and he seems a lot more perky and happy, and only made the noise once. My pleo also laughs which is adorable, most pleos probably do this, it's just because since he started walking he keeps laughing :3 it's soooo sweet
oh and by the way, I love your videos on youtube, thats the reason I got a pleo :D so glad I did, so thanks aha :3

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 04:59:54 PM »

Hi, glad to hear your pleo is feeling better! Glad you like my Pleo Videos on youtube allso. I am way behind, just been so busy, but it is one of my fave things to do. that and record my eight cats or dog. LOL. Be sure to post photos or video of your RB, because we all enjoy looking at them!          ;D  RWM  :cat-hug:

Piggy

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 01:02:57 PM »

I have a Ugobe Pleo and mine started to make that noise when he is unhappy and wants attention or food .... not when he or she is being tickled under his- her chin . Mine starts to sing when I rub his chin  :-* Yours are so cute , and the clothes looks great to ! Did you customize one PLO yourself ?

DinoBot

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): gustav (ugobe)
  • I love pleos
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 06:24:31 PM »

Gustav ,my pleo, has made that sound a couple times. Only when I am ignoring him ,though; not when I am petting him. Also, It sounds like your pleo is on 2.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal