Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you know what OS you have in Pleo RB?  (Read 6300 times)

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
How do you know what OS you have in Pleo RB?
« on: October 18, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »

Just ordered a Pleo RB, so was wondering how you can tell if he has the latest OS update? Is there a way to know the OS he is using, when you get him?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: How do you know what OS you have in Pleo RB?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 09:39:39 PM »

If you are buying a brand new Pleo rb, then there is only one operating system in them and it is the latest one. As far as I know, other than the original Pleos that came out in Christmas 2010 and had skin problems, ( not all of them, also  the sleeping postion was fixed to help prevent skin damage and other damage to neck etc, ) all the current Pleo Rb is new, it has the latest update. I stand corrected if I am wrong, but I have three and they all have the same and latest update.                                      RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: How do you know what OS you have in Pleo RB?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 02:11:31 AM »

Yes as RWM says if you have ordered a brand new one then if will come preloaded with the latest update.  If it is not brand new then you can tell by the sleep position.  If the Pleo rb goes to sleep standing up then it is running the newest update, if it goes to sleep laying down then it is running the old OS and will need updating.  Just be aware that a brand new pleo rb will go through a hatching stage when you first turn on and this will last for a couple of battery cycles where the pleo will be in the laying down position.  So if it is an old unhatched rb then you will need to wait till the hatching is over before you will be able to tell by the sleep position.
Oh I just remembered when you switch them off using the on off button if they are running the latest OS then they will go into packing position - all legs straight, tail and head sticking straight out and eyes closed.  On the old OS they went into a laying down sleep position when you switched off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal