Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Shoes...  (Read 1960 times)

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Ozzy and Dopey
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
Pleo Shoes...
« on: July 29, 2012, 09:30:12 AM »

I tried making shoes for my Pleos unsuccessfully. I do plan to use socks I guess but is there a Pleo Shoe pattern anywhere?? I checked at the Pleo Store and I didn't see any shoe for sale. :)

Jett

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo Shoes...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:35:47 PM »

I made some very simple slippers/shoes for Belle with an 'upper' strip sewn to a circle for the sole and then elastic sewn into the top seam, or IMR has some fine bootees in her shop in the stores section on here. :)

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 06:00:18 PM »

Both Tron (RB) and Stephan (Ugobe) wear size 0000 human baby socks, the type for premature babies. They fit well and by how dirty they get I'm glad I have them or else all that dirt that is on the sock would be in their feet which can't be good. They must pick it up from the carpets I think because it's not like I take them dirty places yet here is all this dust on their socks  :o
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 07:40:51 AM »

It's your carpet. I have the same problem. I'm going to put all of my little socks into a cloth bag and give them a good run in the laundry. The're furry as well as dirty with short bits of my long black hair and my dog's white hair from the old house and random unknown clinging bits of.... ummmm I don't know what. It's like hole punch pieces or something. They work great for keeping them afloat on the carpet but the next project will be making a pleo-shoe/sock that is slick enough to move easily over carpet without attracting everything and yet grippy enough to let them move around. Any ideas?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Ozzy and Dopey
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 08:52:42 PM »

I worked again on making shoes for my Dopey and Ozzy Pleos. Here's a video clip of Dopey wearing them. It was easy but took me about 3 hours due to hand sewing! Our kitty Lucy joins the fun :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98kZXy3oF1I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98kZXy3oF1I</a>
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:55:16 PM by Jett »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 10:31:20 PM »

Congrats jett, on getting Ozzy and Dopeys shoes done, Everything by hand takes so long but it is so satsifying to me to know all the love that went into it. Lucy tried to steal the show by grooming and showing what a pretty little girl she is, but that is what cats do best! :cat: 'what kind of material did you use, I would have lilked to see a close up just of the shoes by themselves or on Ozzy so I could get a closer look. I liked the design from what I could see and it appears that Ozzy was Dopey was quite content to start strutting in them, Now you need one more pair so both Pleos can strut their stuff. ( To some Ozzy Music of course) :D          RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 10:55:43 PM »

Dopey looks please with his new footwear.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Almiras

• Coffee leaf addict
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Kohii
    • Whisper of Wolf
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 07:10:23 AM »

I use baby socks for my Pleo rb (0 - 6 months seem to work fine). You can pick them up fairly cheap :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal