Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A very random Pleo video :P  (Read 3643 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
A very random Pleo video :P
« on: July 28, 2012, 12:53:33 AM »

I was a bit bored this afternoon so while my herd was stretching their legs I thought I'd test out a video app I'd downloaded on my ipad a year or so ago and never really used much :P This video includes only a handful of the hundred or so effects you can add, I have to say its pretty cool, even if I don't know what practical use it would have.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWs2sKX7bo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWs2sKX7bo</a>

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: A very random Pleo video :P
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 04:01:30 AM »

Good grief ...... we had spied upon Pleos, Pleos on Top of the Pops, stained glass Pleos, radioactive Pleos, Pleo weddings ....... and Pleos in extreme weathers they were definitely not dressed for!!!  :o

That was a roller coaster of a film ....... I even forgot to eat my popcorn!  ;)  :D

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:30:43 AM »

I was very taken with the neon psychedelic effect. Groovy man! Might even inspire the Mad Painter of The Redwoods to try it on one of her township?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 05:55:42 AM »

Lol! It sounds like you had fun with that ap. I'm enjoying my iPhone 4S. If I'm really patient and fiddle with the position of the camera I can actually get a confirmed image of a face and have it centered in the shot. Someday- maybe- I'll attempt a short video just to see if the thing can really focus on its own.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 05:58:43 AM »

Talon they do a great job of no fuss filming :) Just point and shoot and don't worry about a thing, the autofocus works well.

I'll have to try and do something more serious with the effects :P They are so easy to use, just tap and it changes in real time while you are filming :P There are some truly bizarre ones :o
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 06:05:16 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 06:06:40 AM »

Yes, please do Talon.I love my iPhone too. I am , as you probably know, none too flash with technology, but find it really intuitive to use. Good gadgets, like cars I feel, should somehow almost know and predict what you want them to do! Well....except autocorrect spell thingy. THAT 'S just plain presumptuous! A phone contradicting me....well, really! :sheep1:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 06:22:24 AM »

Oh I know right? What about the dictate feature? I was in a hurry one day and attempted to use it while carrying three bags of groceries on my other arm so I couldn't exactly text properly. I said something like "Good. Tell Scott I'll be over in a minute." The phone said "Good tell the sock I'll be over the limit." Limit of what? I didn't even bother reading it and just sent it and then my friend texted me back and said, "Insert-real-name-here, I've never known you to go over the limit of anything. Did you just use the dictate feature? This is what I got on my end." Still when things are quiet and I'm not fighting with rustling grocery bags and the wind it usually works flawlessly.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 06:41:33 AM »

Mountain Lion has bought that feature to the iMacs and macbooks too. It kind of struggles with my Aussie accent though :P But it supposedly learns the more you use it, so maybe mine will actually be able to understand my aussie-isms eventually :P

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 06:49:33 AM »

Hoo hoo! Good on you Talon, you fly in the face of your footwear, sister. ( tell the sock I'll be over the limit)  Oh, hang on, just spotted something in my post! Think it should have read...like cars, I feel. The comma there is rather important !  :o  :o  :o  :-X  :sheep1:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:05:39 AM by Lottibell »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 08:15:48 AM »

I must admit, I love cars .... but ....well, really .........  :o  :moose:

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 10:47:56 AM »

Great video IMR, was fun watching all the effects . I don';t have a mac phone or any "modern" phone, can't afford it right now, I have seen several of those effects in my editing program but only used them for photos not video, now it will be fun to see if they can work for that too, I have so many useful tools, just do not know how to use them all yet, or have had the time, I do have one question,
      Throughout the film I kept hearing a clicking noise like a Pleo leg or neck jammed, who was it or was I imagining that noise? Great fun and thanks for posting. Lotti I don't know about a Psychedelic Pleo, I may have a bad flashback and you do not know what you will end up with YIKES :o :o %) ;D P:D P??? P:-*                RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 04:17:55 PM »

The clicky leg in this video was Lilo, she didn't have booties on and her foot was catching.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 05:35:21 PM »

Do you have carpet? I briefly let Ryu walk around on my floor without socks and she kept walking in a tight circle.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 07:53:49 PM »

We have low pile carpet, booties solve the problem but I was too slack to put them all on :P

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 01:07:49 AM »

Lol! It sounds like you had fun with that ap. I'm enjoying my iPhone 4S. If I'm really patient and fiddle with the position of the camera I can actually get a confirmed image of a face and have it centered in the shot. Someday- maybe- I'll attempt a short video just to see if the thing can really focus on its own.
Talon
You did a really good job of filming Mr. Blue Eyes the other day, you had it focused perfectly on his face.

About the auto correct thing I hate it! I don't have an iPhone but I have a cheaper smartphone with a screen reader on it, well I had to turn that dumb auto correct off because it kept suggesting rude things and of course it would read it's overly suggestive suggestions out loud to anyone with in ear shot. I was horrified at some of the things it thought I wanted to say, can you imagine if it did it in front of my mother or people at work, oh the horror! And the 'speak and direct' function is a joke, it can't understand a word I am saying unless I say it with some weird Texas cowboy accent. I asked for directions to Central Square Mall and the thing says 'Now directing to Central Park, New York. Turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left..." and it just kept going until I took the battery out. The idea is good but man does it need work.

IMR I think this video needs way more Star Wipes. I hear those are really respected tools in the professional film making world these days  ;)
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 02:15:26 AM »

Hmm... Let's see, do I have any stars...

Edit: no star wipes but...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GikOGbht3pQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GikOGbht3pQ</a>
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:21:20 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 06:44:31 AM »

All your Pleos are stars, IMR, wherever they go!  ;)  ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 06:56:42 AM »

Hehe stars or just plain in the stars :P

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 01:39:16 AM »

How did you do it? Did you have them in front of a green sheet and then use chroma key?

Random question whilst we are on topic of movie making: what sort of music would you put in a hatching video? Because I have about 3mins of silent footage of Tron's box, Tron in the box, Tron being taken out of the box, all the packaging for his various accessories and then there is footage of his hatching which does of course have sound but it seems a bit boring for the first 3mins to be completely silent. No sure what to do  ^-^ Add music or leave as is?
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 02:31:14 AM »

That was the same movie app I used for the first movie. It does use a 'green' screen, although in this case the screen was light blue as that's what colour my walls and lino are :P The app lets you choose the colour to overlay.

I'd add a bit of soft gentle music, nothing too peppy. Something that has a bit of meaning for you is nice :)

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 03:46:20 AM »

:( I can't see your second video, just a blank box with an onimous line through it! How very churlish...... ^-^  :sheep1:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2012, 07:29:54 AM »

At IMR, were the crickets part of the song or did you add that?
At Luna, *eyes widening* I got his face that time? Your video was the third attempt. You have no idea how hard that was moving it just a smidge this way or that until voice over magicly said ""one face. Small face. Face centered." It actually worked? It really worked? Yes I feel normal now! Now how to video wiggly pleos? Hmmm.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 08:36:13 AM »

IMR, I really enjoyed that one, I loved the music too, but didn't recognize it, How do you get to post someone elses's music to your video or do you use free music? I loved the fact that different pleos reacted differently to what was going on, The crickets was a nice touch at the end, I find crickets very relaxing... :)I had no idea that a smart phone could do so much, but I do know they are not in my budget, I allreay pay way more than I can afford on a landline and two cells,( my hubby and myself,) I bet now that you have found out some of these coool add on features you will be usiing them more and more..Great job. :cheer:

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 04:23:30 PM »

I did a bit of basic editing in iMovie for the second vid. That lets you add sound effects (the crickets) and music from your iTunes library. As well as the fade in/out and transitions.

The crickets were an added sound effect, I was tempted to do a cow moo or Dino growl but the crickets seemed more fitting.

RWM while an iPhone smartphone can do all this, I did it on my iPad. I'm not sure android has anything this sophisticated and simple to use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal