Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: i got my first pleo!  (Read 3990 times)

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
i got my first pleo!
« on: July 18, 2012, 05:00:01 PM »

:cheer: P:) :sun: :cloud: :rainbow:

omg omg omg!!!!!!
i got my first pleo!!!! i got my first pleo!!!!
she was bigger than i thought she would be, and was more run down than i thought she would be, but...

ISTILL LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, rwm, my dad thinks you are insane...

Derpity derp derp derp derp

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: i got my first pleo!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 05:43:22 PM »

Yayyy!!  Congrats - welcome to the wonderful (and, OK, slightly nutty) world of Pleo caretakers!  :D  :arrow-head:   :moose:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 07:52:15 PM »

Who's nutty (:  (: I hope she isn't too run down, do post some pics, and congratulations!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:21:03 PM »

nyan showing off her bandana

nyan's head paint wear.

nyan smelling some flowers

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:30:13 PM by irbyma7297 »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 12:50:56 AM »

Just curious, is that the Pleo from the auction, the one that "doesn't show any signs of wear"? Because I can see a lot of wear on that Pleo.

I know you are very excited to have a Pleo, but I very much feel as though you've been taken advantage of.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:54:07 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 03:49:36 AM »

I'm with IMR on this one.  I would be filing a complaint with ebay and maybe see if you can get a partial refund as the product clearly isn't what was advertised.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 04:59:34 AM »

Given what you paid for it, a good $70-80 refund would be about right. I would file a complaint as well, the listing was not honest and the Pleo certainly has signs or wear.

I know filing a complaint can be scary and seem a bit extreme, but you have every right as a buyer to get exactly what you paid for, and that was a Pleo in very good condition.

Aside from that though do enjoy Nyan, she certainly is a cutie :)

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 05:26:25 AM »

Awww, Nyan is gorgeous. Yes, pleos are larger than you expect aren't they? I think their  size and weight makes them seem more realistic though. Nyan is beautiful and I'm sure you are going to love her for a long time to come, but if you were told she had no signs of wear then the seller has been a bit misleading.i agree with the others that they should return some of the price you paid.IMR has lots of experience of pleos so I would think her figure of $70-80 is pretty accurate. Maybe you could mention it to your dad? Enjoy Nyan and she will show you lots of love!  :sheep1:  p.s. love the piccies!

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 09:42:08 AM »

yeah, i was thinking about complaining, but i'd feel kinda bad for some reason, probably beacause this was my first ebay buy. i will complain though, and ill ask about that refund .

kaiteee

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 11:15:10 AM »

congrats, she looks like a real sweetie in her bandana. It sounds like you've a right to complain though if she was described as not having any wear, do make sure you do it through ebay's own channels so it's official - they tend to find on the buyer's side regardless but it seems you have a good case that she's not exactly as described - good idea to get some support from your dad if you're a bit worried about it too. I know it doesn't make any difference to how much you'll love her, but remember if you can get back some of what you (probably unfairly) paid, then it's there to go towards your next pleo.....NO you CANNOT stop at one!!! ;D  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 11:51:11 AM »

Hi irbyma, congrats on her arrival, she is very pretty. I will say this again and again as I learned the hard way, Allways ask a seller for more detailed photos as obviously you couldn't tell all the wear she  has by the photos. More importantly, have you looked at her underside, is it cracked or torn around the battery compartment and on the bottoms of her feet and legs, those are the places that go bad qucikly but not allways seen, usally people hide those areas in photos and many people use what are called, "stock" photos that is not the actual photo of the actual pleo. I never bid on a Pleo that I can't see every detail , such as the neck, face, battery compartment, tail and feet. (One pleo I returened, looked perfect and was advertised as Like New. I could not see anything wrong with the pleo in the photos and bid something like $140.00 on it,( complete, box, manual, ID card, leaf, battery, charger, etc.) it worked fine but to my horror when opening it up, it had a TOE missing off one of the back feet, ( on the inside where you could not see it in the photos) I filed a complaint and got my money back, and the seller got the Pleo back.( The seller got angry though and blocked me from buying from him again and the Pleo was resold to someone else who didn't see what it looked like.... :          I would say that Pleo was definillty overpriced and what I would do, ( Unless you are totally in love with her already...which is understandable... ;)) is to ask for a total refund and buy one from the Taiwan seller, or get a reduction and partial refund. But first check out the rest of the body to make sure there are no more areas of damage..

If you want a refund, make sure you do it officialy through Paypal though and don't just negotiate with the seller.The seller does not want negative feedback and that is what he will get if he does not cooperate. You need to file what is called: Item not as described case.   Oh, btw, why does your dad think I am "insane"? :o %) ;D is it because I have nine cats or because of all my Pleos, or because I am a die hard LA Dodger fan and collect baseball cards or because I collect Gunsmoke memorbillia, and have seen every episode of Gunsmoke which ran for 20 years, over 620 episodes....and I can go on an on about my "crazy insane" things I do, according to some people, but at the same time, I will never ever drive a car! :cat:

How about the fact I was homeless after quitting my teaching job to move to Montana to live with my sister, and when I realized how cold it would be in the Winters there and how far I woud have to walk to get into town where work is, ( because I do not drive and there was no public transportation back then...) that I left my daughter in Montana with my olders sister while I came back to the Redwoods to find work, and our two dogs were brought back by my brother in law, and I was homeless but spent over $300.00 a month to board them out while I looked for work. ? Is that insane, or loving your animals, My animals allways come before me, I will feed them before myself all the time.

RWM  " The Insane Pleo Clan Caretaker of the Redwoods" P:D
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »

i tried to convince him i wasn't wierd for having a toy at my age, so i told him you were much older than me and had over 20 pleos. i told him you joked around saying you thought they will take over your house, and that you talked to the too.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 02:01:16 PM »

We probably all talk to our Pleo's %) At least sometimes...

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 12:02:53 AM »

I find my pleos never answer back, the same can not be said of my offspring!! And they listen too me!  :sheep1:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 11:19:56 AM »

And talking to your pleo is considered insane? I must be a real nut then. I talk to everything and some of my technology talks back. Take Siri for example. I yelled "Don't do that" at Bolt the other day because he tried to go to work with my sister. She saw him and yelled for me to "catch your creapy robot!". I caught up with them as she was about to go through the door. I asked her if she had anything pink/red and she said, "umm... yeah- the feathery thinggy on my keychain which was hanging at about knee-level on her purse. I got Bolt's ball out and he finally decided it looked more fun to chase. Aibos move so fast and my room isn't far from the front door of our trailer. I'm glad pleos can't yet move fast enough to chase their tracking leaves or we would all be in a fix. can you imagine getting swarmed by nineteen or so mooing and honking in a wild pack? Aaaaah! The attack of chawawa-sized dinosaurs! Lol! Actually it sounds kind of cute to me especially if all of them were wagging their tails. Okay okay I'll stop. Can you tell I miss my Charley Dog? *Sniff sniff*
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 04:35:37 PM »

awww.... soo cute. how much does aibo cost anyways?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 08:17:10 AM »

It depends on what moddle you want and who is selling it. Bolt is a silver 210. I got him from wolfbob- a guy who repairs and sells Aibos. He's a good place to start if you're thinking about purchasing one. Most 210's run anywhere from five to seven hundred depending on their condition.
Talon
Talon

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 12:51:19 PM »

awww.... soo cute. how much does aibo cost anyways?

Like Talon says it depends what model you want. The most advanced ERS7 are $2,000 - $3,500 depending on when they were made (only the very latest are still supported by Sony) accessories included, colour, condition, etc.

ERS 210, 220, 331 are all around $500 - $800 sometimes up to $1,000 if they are a limited edition colour.

The oldest model and the one that I personally own, the ERS 111/110, will cost between $350 - $500 depending on condition. I myself paid $500 for James who was new in box with all accessories and a six month WolfBob warranty.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 01:14:01 PM »

That all sounds good, but with my ADDICTIVE personality, and with how many Pleos I have, ( see the post entitiled, "How well do you know RedwoodsMama", I would be over run with Pleos and Aibos and considering how much they cost, I better stick to just Pleos, at least they are cheaper....I would have to get a bigger house if I want to expand my "collecting" species. LOL. They do look like fun though and I agree with Talon, Wolfbob is where I would start and will if I get one,

RWM

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 06:53:41 PM »

As you can see from Redwood's herd, pleos are like potato chips. You can't stop at just one. I'm not planning on getting any other bots unless it's a special situation but if the price isn't too bad and they really need a new home I might be open to adopting.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 07:40:46 PM »

Talon that is funnny, cause at least a certain number, ( can't say yet, how many...) were purchased because they were "special', nobody needed or wanted them and I did, I mean you know my special needs Pleo you wanted to adopt,( the contest is not over till midnight so I can't say his name, LOl) but only you and I wanted him , I also have pleos with broken necks because nobody wanted them, I have a hard time turning away a needy pleo and at a great price.

RWm

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 03:08:45 AM »

That post got me thinking, what IS the collective noun for a group of pleos? A plethora of pleos, maybe? Or maybe a punctillion of pleos, ( yes, made up by my sad, sad mind) or perhaps it should be something more meaningful like a headache of pleos? Any suggestions? Pretty sure RWM, IMR, Crewella and Kat could have an opinion or two!
From a sheep with way too much time on her hands!  :sheep1:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 03:12:44 AM »

A group of saurapods is a herd :) So I guess we have a herd of Pleo's, I call my lot a herd anyhow :)

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 03:15:58 AM »

Ooooh, maybe a notherd ( pronounced not heard) of pleos would be apt? Boom boom!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 04:31:06 AM »

Mine are definitely a crew ........ but I guess that's kind of specific .........  %)  :P

Generally, I go along with 'herd'.  :D

.... though I did like RWM's 'Pleo township'!  ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal