Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2013 calendar photo request  (Read 3483 times)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
2013 calendar photo request
« on: July 12, 2012, 01:49:35 PM »

It's a miserably hot summer in Texas this year.  The temperature's not so bad (95-100f), but there's little or no breeze and the humidity is extremely high (70-85%).  Anyway, I;ve pretty much been an absentee forum owner the last year or so due to just lots of stuff going on, but I figured I needed to get some photos shot or I won't have anything to use for next year's calendar.  And right now there are a bunch of Texas bluebells in bloom all over my field, so I drug poor young Mopey out for a photo shoot . . . after about 10 minutes, the sweat was literally dripping off my face and I kept praying for some cloud cover so the shadows wouldn't be to harsh.  Meanwhile, Mopey, following in Eeyore's footsteps, decided to just go ahead and eat the flowers.

Anyway, all this got me to thinking I probably won't have enough good quality, appropriate seasonal shots to for the 2013 calendar . . . but I know some folks who probably have TONS of great pleo pictures. ;) ;)  There's no rush (we have a couple of months) and this isn't a contest, but anyone who thinks they have a good pleo picture they'd like to share with the world and possibly have it used in next years calendar, post it here.

There are a few things to keep in mind . . .
First off, the photo must have been taken by you.  We don't want anyone getting upset over copyright violations.
Second, not human faces or recognizable people in the pictures . . . again we want to stay away from legal stuff.
Finally, the picture must be nice and sharp and in-focus, and available in hi-resolution (at least 2400x1800).

Post the photo here, along with a description and what month you think it is best suited for.  We'll let everyone comment on them, and we'll see how many I need.  And we always have fun here sharing pictures, so it's a good idea for everyone! :D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: 2013 calendar photo request
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »

Oooooh!  I shall have to brush up on my camera skills!  :D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 03:51:30 PM »

Hey, this sounds like great fun, only two things I love as much as Pleos and that is taking photos of Pleos and perhaps taking them out in public for everyone to meet! Sorry to hear about the extreme weather you have been having  :(but Mopey sure does look cute, I  bet he was panting quickly! P:) I do have a couple of questions, One, do you prefer Pleos, Au Natural, no clothes, no jewelery, necklaces, socks etc, so they look more Like Bob? Secondly, do you want just Ugobes or can there be RB and of course, are Painted Pleos allowed, or just "regular" Pleos? Thirdly, do you prefer one Pleo per photo?

I think after hearing the answer to those important Photos, the rest is easy, Luckily here, there are great weather and natual places i can and have taken photos . Oh, and where should we post the photos, on this thread or in a specific place in the gallery? I allready have at least a half dozen great photos with landscape that are seasonal and I think appropriate and I would love to help out, or should I say, the Redwoods Pleo Clan would love to help out Bob anyway we can. P8)

HOpe you get some nice weather soon...As for our weather, it is a nice 56 cloudy overcast day here on the coast of the Redwoods with low humidity...quite a contrast I would think!

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 06:35:48 PM »

Ooh photos, I think I might have one or two ;)

Ok I picked out seven of my favourites http://s352.photobucket.com/albums/r358/EStar5Diva/Bob%20the%20Pleo%20photos/
If you decide to use any I'll email the full sized image, they are all over 2400.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:06:57 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 09:03:07 PM »

Multiple pleos is OK . . .  There is a shot of two in this year's calendar, I believe. %)
Ugobe and/or RB is OK . . . Mopey will be doing his share for the calendar. ;)
Au natural is preferred, but an appropriate outfit or accessory can also make for an exceptional picture.
Natural skin color is likewise preferred, and again, an appropriately painted pleo can also make for an exceptional picture.
Real photos are also preferred, but a nicely photoshopped image can also make the perfect shot.

Is that a wishy-washy enough answer for you?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 10:13:26 PM »

Thanks Mike, that answered my questions so now I can get to finding ones I have taken and take more of course. Loved the butterfly one esp IMR, very cute and the alligator! Can't wait to see all of the ones other members share.

RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 10:44:11 PM »

That's a crocodile of course RWM, no alligators in Australia ;) Despite the fact that we have an Alligator river... although maybe the sharks ate all the 'gators out :o

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 11:14:47 PM »

I realized that after I posted it IMR, as allilgators are only native to United States and crocodiles have a different shape snout then alligators. I still love the photo Pleo meeting his bigger cousin...but I do like all the photos, just those two are my favorites.                           RWM

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 07:01:48 AM »

Here are a few of my favorites from my albums in the gallery.  Not sure if they will be any good to you as it seems my pleos are all dressed to impress :D  But these are the ones of mine I'd choose if I was putting a calendar together :) I'll have a look through the rest of my pics on my computer and see if I come across anything else that might be useful :)

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 11:22:14 AM »

when i get my first pleo, i may just take a summer themed photo. i was thinking a pool scene, (i wouldn't let her get wet) but i don't have a bikini for her!!! lolz.
Derpity derp derp derp derp

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 12:57:13 PM »

Kat, I love the phtotos and who would not want to dress up their pleos, I know I love dressing them up. He may be able to use the tomato festival one , very cute. I have tons of photos to look through and I have some of the same problems, I do have quite a few with no clothes though, so it makes it a little easier.

Irbyma, swimming or not, I would love to see a Pleo in a bikini ;D the boy Pleos would too I bet... Hey how about starting a calender Mike for best dressed Pleos, now that would be a fun calender everyone could contribute too,Dressing for the seasons as well. What do you think about that idea? I think that would be fun too! P:) P8) P:-*      RWM and the well dressed Pleo clan of the Redwoods

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 04:18:52 PM »

Lilo had a Pleo-kini: :lilo:

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 05:36:04 PM »

Heheh .. as I was reading that post I was jumping up and down going "Lilo had a Pleokini!!" ... and there it was!  :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »

Love the pleokini!  Super cute :)  now this is something you should add to your shop.  I bet you'd sell a bunch of them. 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 08:39:02 PM »

That is super cute...How come we never saw it before? Is it new...?       RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 09:59:21 PM »

Um... RWM I posted that years ago :P

Lottibell

• Fossil savant
  • Female
  • To err is human, to "huh?"is Pleo.
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 03:10:30 AM »

Just back from the vets, Twiglet dislocated his jaw whilst ogling the pleokini! A little warning next time,please... :o  ;)  :sheep1:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 05:51:10 AM »

:-[ Poor Twiglet, but :lilo: is flattered :P And :stitch: is a wee bit jealous :o He's protective of his big sister :P

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 07:27:09 AM »

I'm excited about this! I missed the callendar this year but now that I have Pleos of my own I for sure want one and will gladly submit photos  ;D I just got back from a holiday and both Tron and Stephan went with me, unfortunately most of the really good pictures have humans in them but I'm sure I took some of just the two of them. Good excuse for a photoshoot I sort through them and find the photos I already have unsuitable anyway  ;)

Do the pictures have to be taken outside? I have a picture of Stephan making cookies by a fire place, could be a winter theme photo.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 07:32:49 AM »

Bah - all my old pics are boring indoor shots and not realy suitable (and won't be high res enough).  >:(

I love the Pleokini one, and Kat's Kermy and kangaroo one.  RWM, you should enter one of yours from the beach - some of those were so beautiful. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 01:31:39 PM »

Thanks Crewella, I was thinking like you just said, that some of the many many. 8) beach pics I have taken the last couple of months may be just what is looking for, I infact took one of the Pleos out for a outing yesterday to a different beach and got some GREAT shots.( took like 40 unbelievable shots... :o ;D P:)) It is what I call a "Driftwood Paradise" Will upload some after lots of editing all the light and close ups, etc. I think go ahead and upload the one of Stephen with cookies, that would be cute in my book LUna! P:D                         RWM

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 02:51:52 PM »

maybe i can take the soon to be mine pleo down to fort hancock for some desert pics... hmm...
Derpity derp derp derp derp

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 07:50:14 PM »

Indoor photos would be fine.  As you said, they might be great for winter pictures.  Of course I always forget we not only have people from around the world, but that includes people from both hemispheres . . . so my hot, sandy desert photo for July this year doesn't seem to match the freezing weather IMR talks about going through this time of year . . . and I would thend to think in the heat of the summer, most pleos would prefer to stay indoors as well . . .

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 12:55:28 AM »

Ok, I have a ton of photos and these last ones were all taken in June and July of this year, so I guess you could call them Summer photos . Where I live is very mild with temps ranging in mid 50'-60' year round except for late fall and Winter when it can dip to low 20's, ( occasional snow..) lots of rain, hail and storms from off the Pacific Coast and down from Alaska and or Canada. ( Thanks Guys, I love storms in the Winter, but my animals hate lightening and Thunder esp... :brrr: :o) So most of my photos are outdoors and they can be taken in lots of places, and the Redwoods will be next my fave next to the beach!
            I have taken a ton of beach photos, only cause I enjoy using my camera so much and Pleos are such willing photo subjects and very photogenic, don't you agree! ;D So hope a few of these are acceptible ..Here are the ones I chose from two beaches, Clam Beach , most of the driftwood photos and more of the ocean is the last ones, Samoa Dunes.

I know if everyone takes their camera, Pleo or Pleo rb out and about or for some great indoor shots, Mike will be more busy than he thinks he can ever be, Lets help him and Bob out by providing some Round the Globe Pleo shots, what a great idea...but some of you try to remember, this is a "family" oriented site, so IMR's Bikini Clad Pleo is about as racy as we can afford to get...hmm, what about a Pleos of the Swimsuit issue..that has some promise don't you think...? I think I have a photo that is kind of racy too ,but not quite as revealing as IMR's... :D              RWM

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 10:24:17 PM »

Pennie and J.C picnicing on a nice summer day
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal