Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Pleo Skin for Your Ugobe Pleo, yes it is True  (Read 11181 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
New Pleo Skin for Your Ugobe Pleo, yes it is True
« on: July 10, 2012, 08:55:28 PM »

I just read this on Facebook and could not believe this, This if correct, says that Innovo Labs will give that old worn out Ugobe with rotten, torn or damaged skin, new skin for a reasonable fee and freight charges.  ;DThis is perfect for all those Ugobes who have rotten old flayed splitting skin. Instead of buying a whole new pleo, which can be prettty expensive on places like ebay, get it directly from Innvo labs!

I think this is the best news I have heard from them since Pleo RB came out. Check out the link and see for yourself.  I am so happy for all those worn out sad looking Pleos out there. Of course, I will still paint my worn out Pleos... P:)
     this was just posted on their facebook site page 12 hrs ago, they call it, "skin changes" services and say to contact them!               RWM

Tried to post it here, but it went directly to the main facebook page , so just go to facebook and read it yourself, it is a brand new post, only less than a day ago!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:58:51 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: New Pleo Skin for Your Ugobe Pleo, yes it is True
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 11:09:14 PM »

Lilo is highly interested...
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 12:34:30 AM »

I bet Lilo is not the only Pleo, but perhaps one of the first! The cost is quoted as $39.00 plus freight charges. I think that is reasonable. I know my poor little 45 could really use some skin too, He is nothing but patches held together literally at the tail by patches and the worst of all the  skin issues I have seen is when they start comming apart at the battery compartment area, that is just a ticking time bomb ready to explode. LOL, can you imagine dino skin exploding everywhere? P:'(Not a pretty sight. The post says to contact support at Innvo and they will give you the details.

Crossing my fingers for Lilo. I bet they will do terriffic business ..............wonder where all the Pleo skin comes from...............?

RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 01:02:03 AM »

Sadly the freight is the issue, for me that would be more than buying a new Pleo. But I've asked if they'll just sell a skin :P

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 01:33:13 AM »

IMR, I hope they can or will, If not perhaps I can get you a skin, and just send it to you ,. I have bought Pleos as little as $56.00 with great skin, and that was the whole idea, even if the Pleo did not work, there was a chance for perfect or near perfect skin for one of my more "warrior " Pleos, like 45. A new skin can make a old worn out Pleo like new...there is nothing worse then dried out pleo skin in my opinion. I can handle tears and rips with superglue, clothes or patches, but dried out skn is just going to erode over time into nothingness.
              Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Oh, if PleoWorld in Taiwan had the same deal, would the frieght be too much also? Just curious, Good luck.                  RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 04:23:42 AM »

When I shipped Pleakly the postage was $80 to HK. It'll be even dearer to the US.

camcam8910

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 10:26:31 AM »

Thats great news! especially for pleo10 as her and her sisters pleo are both old and worn! ;D

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 02:04:38 PM »

Yes postage is the killer, would also be cheaper for me to just buy a new, or second hand Pleo. Also you could be faced with Customs and duty when Pleo comes back to you all fixed also.

Great if you live nearby, but when you live halfway around the world, they need to offer just the skin.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 10:36:32 PM »

Pleo is under the import duty for me, but the postage is just too dear. And no, they won't sell just a skin :( I asked :(

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 10:42:17 PM »

Pleo is under the import duty for me, but the postage is just too dear. And no, they won't sell just a skin :( I asked :(

They will if enough of us were to jump up and down and flood them with emails.

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 10:44:05 PM »

I would think not only the postage would be too costly, but sending your Pleo back, once again you would be hit by duty.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 01:26:19 AM »

For us here in Australia you only get charged duty if the value of your item is over $1000.  So there would be no duty charges sending there or back but the cost of postage is very high at about $80 each way. 

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 02:40:01 AM »

For us here in Australia you only get charged duty if the value of your item is over $1000.  So there would be no duty charges sending there or back but the cost of postage is very high at about $80 each way. 

The cost for postage here in New Zealand would be even higher and chances of having to pay duty, They are crooks here and anything over $450nz they charge us, but a way around this, is value it less, but being older would not be worth the value of a new Pleo.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 05:18:03 AM »

I only know what happens in the UK, but AFAIK you shouldn't get hit for duty on a robot sent away for repair and returned.  The repairer needs to fill out the correct paperwork to show that is has been exported for repair and then sent back to the original owner.  If you do get charged here, you can write to customs to explain, with documentary evidence, and get the charge refunded.

Which I am very grateful for, as I have to send one of my Aibo to the US for repair. ;) 

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 05:23:06 AM »

I only know what happens in the UK, but AFAIK you shouldn't get hit for duty on a robot sent away for repair and returned.  The repairer needs to fill out the correct paperwork to show that is has been exported for repair and then sent back to the original owner.  If you do get charged here, you can write to customs to explain, with documentary evidence, and get the charge refunded.

Which I am very grateful for, as I have to send one of my Aibo to the US for repair. ;) 

That would be a bugger to get charged and then have to claim a refund, what a big hassle, better off buying a new Pleo.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 05:24:58 AM »

It's only a possibility, but yep ....... it's a bugger!  :D

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 03:18:36 PM »

It's an excellent idea though and hopefully it'll work out for all those people who need it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal