Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Special adapter needed (plug) for original Ugobe Pleo  (Read 4421 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Special adapter needed (plug) for original Ugobe Pleo
« on: February 18, 2012, 10:47:23 AM »

Hi, living in the United States, I have never had a problem with the original Ugobe Pleo, and adapter plugs, being able to charge the battery. Even though the green batteries by all accounts are usually "dead" the same adapter plug that comes with the Ugobe is still used for the Egg charger and Li -Polymer batteries that I sell and many other forum members use for the Ugobe Pleos. This is my question and anyone esp if you live outside of the United States, you can probably answer this easily. If you have a Ugobe Pleo, are you able to just use the orignal adapter plug that came with your Pleo,( in the box) or do you have to go out and buy anything extra, a new adapter to use if you live in Europe, the UK, or Australia? I thought rather than research and look for the answer, why not go to the forum members and ask them? %)

I do know for the Pleo Rb they come with a special adapter if you don't live in the United States, so you get a choice of two adapters. one for the US, and one if you live outside the US. I appreciate all answers and if you have had to buy an adapter plug for your Pleo, do you have a photo. NOw I know if you bought a Pleo , for example off of Ebay, and you did not get a complete Pleo in the box with everything included, you would need to go buy an adapter. So this only pertains to if you have the orignal adapter did you need to buy an extra plug, etc, in order to make it work. Thanks.                   RWM and the Pleo Clan of the REdwoods P:)

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Special adapter needed (plug) for original Ugobe Pleo
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 11:06:08 AM »

Hiya RWM, all the Ugobe Pleos I have bought in the UK have come with an adapter that has a three-pin plug as needed in the UK.  The ones I have bought from Europe came with a two-round-pin plug so that would be the same for Europe, and the ones from the US came with the two flat pins that you use over there.  I remember the ones in Oz seem to be the same as the US ones, but need the flat pins to be twisted by 90 degrees as that's how their sockets work over there  .....  (I think I have Ozpleo to thank for that lttle gem).

To be honest, I've not even unpacked them mostly as I always use Iggy's adapter ...... but I'll dig them all out and check if it's just the plug that's different, or if you'd need a transformer as well.  :)

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »

PS RWM

I am still after

1) Pleo adapter for my charger
2) User Manual
3) Smart guide
4) Scanned ID card to print my own out

+ Any other documentation which I may be missing to complete my Pleo collection

Cheers (again)
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 11:17:19 AM »

Hiya Murphy, that's what the adapters that come with the RB are like, but the original Ugobe Pleos seem to have been sent out from China with country-specific plugs and adapters.

Pleoworld sell two adapters for the Ugobe Pleos ..... a US one and one for Europe with both UK and European plug fittings:

http://www.pleoworld.com/pleo_rb/eng/products.php?c1id=8

ADDED:  .... which kind of confirms my vague feeling that you can't use the US Ugobe Pleo adapters in the UK without a transformer as well as a plug adapter.

Added further:  The ID cards are specific to each Pleo and carry the same serial number ........  :moose:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:24:10 AM by Crewella »

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »

Added further:  The ID cards are specific to each Pleo and carry the same serial number ........  :moose:

Hi Crewella, thank you for the link, I have been in discussion with RWM about the adapter, and I am unsure whether or not she feels she has an appropriate one for me (as per my previous posts I have a working adapter for my charger, but its quite a bulky one :-))

As for the ID card, I thought if I got a scanned one from someone else, edited it for my serial number in paintbrush, and printed one out on card it would do as a reasonable substitute as I don't have one at all :-(

cheers
MurphyMooCake
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 11:48:54 AM »

If RWM doesn't have a scanner, let me know and I'll scan one of mine. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 01:05:31 PM »

Hi Murphy and Crewella, Murphy I aplogize, I have been really busy last three -four days, actually all week and sick with Migraines for last 36 hrs or so, and was not even on internet or computer at all till this morning, I have just sent you a PM with all the info for your items,

Crewella, thanks for the offer to help Murphy. I do have a scanner so I can send him one via email and he can do  his own ID card if he wants. It is appreciated for offering to step in an help and if he wants to go with you instead of finishing with me that is up to him, I do have his items ready to send though. Cheers.                           RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »

Nope, no problem RWM - help's only help if it's needed!  ;)  ;D

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 02:11:40 PM »

Hi Murphy and Crewella, Murphy I aplogize, I have been really busy last three -four days, actually all week and sick with Migraines for last 36 hrs or so, and was not even on internet or computer at all till this morning, I have just sent you a PM with all the info for your items,

Crewella, thanks for the offer to help Murphy. I do have a scanner so I can send him one via email and he can do  his own ID card if he wants. It is appreciated for offering to step in an help and if he wants to go with you instead of finishing with me that is up to him, I do have his items ready to send though. Cheers.                           RWM

Thanks RWM - I will check my PM now . . .
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

MurphyMooCake

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 02:21:43 PM »

RWM

reply message sent via PM - everything as discussed - thank you

Thanks too Crewella for the offer :-)

Very nice people here

Stephen
Ugobe Pleo - Goofy

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »

Got it STephan, no problem that is why we are here and what this forum is all about: information about Pleos , helping others help each other and their Pleos and to encourage others to join the forum and learn about these awesome interactive pets. Helping others allways makes me happy and I am sure others here feel the same way.  (: P:)                         RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »

My Pleo rb's cam with the universal plug and attachment adapters which if you purchase separately off the pleoworld site shows a pic of it coming with an adapter for Australian power points but in reality the one that comes in the box with the pleo rb has no Australian adapter attachment.  So sadly for me I have had to purchase a new power cable every time for my pleo rb's. They are fairly easy to get though and not very expensive. 
As for my Ugobe's well I have had to get new cables for them too as they all came with I think US power cables.  I took my batteries and charges in with me to my local electronics store and they sorted me out with exactly what cable to buy.  So far I have not spent more than $20 on a new cable and most of them have only been about $10.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 09:52:05 PM »

My two ugobes were bought from an Australia retailer so they came with Australian plugs. My four Reborn's didn't come with Australian plugs but they use a pretty common cable type which I had several off already, plus you can use a pair of pliers to pend the American plug to fit Aussie sockets :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 02:57:26 AM »

For James and Stephan I use the 'Traveller's Pal' plug adapter from Dick Smiths. They only cost $6.99 :)
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal