Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Sleeps Permanetly?  (Read 15884 times)

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
Re: Pleo Sleeps Permanetly?
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 04:47:07 AM »

Just a thought.....I think Mickey might live in the US. Names of the Pleos are Chester and Hester. I believe that Chester and Hester are named for "Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama" at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park in Florida, US. This is really not something you would know unless you visited Walt Disney World in Florida quite frequently, like my family does.  I hope that helps you help Mickey sort out the battery issue. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 05:52:07 AM »

Wow!!  That's a fine bit of detective work, Springer!  :D

Hopefully, Mickey will come back and explain.  :)

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 06:24:00 AM »

Yes I live in the U.S and I work for Disney.  I really need help as Hester  will just snore. I purchased from Hong Kong E bay seller for $199.00 plus two batteries. I also purchased an egg battery from Redwoods Mama just in case the green batteries were bad as we all know they can be. I purchased the Pleo and the  extra battery in November but was not allowed to open till Christmas. On Christmas Eve I charged the green battery and when i woke on Christmas Morning the battery was green. So I put the battery in he hatched and worked for about 15 minutes before going to sleep, I decided  to charge the  egg battery it was flashing red then turned red so I put it in Pleo turned on and he just snored I tried to tap him for a while but just the one snore. So I have  recharged the both batteries he cane with both batteries charge properly  when I try any of the 3 batteries I just get one snore. The box did come with the plastic tab in place on the on and off switch. What should I do this is so disappointing.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 09:08:48 AM »

I'll let RWM deal with the egg battery and charger, as she has more experience with them.  The green battery chargers do sometimes lie, so it's often worth putting them back into the cradle to charge again as soon as the light changes to see if they will charge again (let them cool first if they are warm).  I don't think we've come across this happening where it wasn't down to the battery, or possibly the charger or adapter not charging the battery properly.

It would help enormously if you could film exactly what your Pleo is doing (and the chargers) and post the video so we can try to get to the bottom of what's happening.  I've dealt with that seller (though I've not bought a Pleo from them) and they were very helpful, though there can be a bit of a language problem, so I would let them know you've got problems a.s.a.p (in spite of the time lapse) in case we can't solve it on here and you do need to take it further.

I may be wrong, but from the reaction I had assumed Unknownright's problem had been solved. :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 03:09:06 PM »

Classic battery issues,

The green battery even though left on overnight might have NOT charged the full four hours, recharge and keep an eye on it, taking it off and reseating it if necessary so that it does get the full 4 hour or until it turns green immediately after seating it.

The egg battery light must be SOLID red, that means it is charging, flashing red means it is not charging and not seated properly.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 04:00:33 PM »

AS IMR said they all sound like battery issues and the egg battery though very good in working order, must be seated properly and solid red and let charge the full that means 3 hrs, not flashing red. The green batteries even though they may come partially charged or turn green before the full 4 hrs, leave them by actual timing the full 4 hrs or you may get the results you are getting. Also if you could please videotape what the batteries look like before pulling them out and then document putting into Pleo and let us see what happens with Pleo, that can make a difference and perhaps clue. Sending back the egg to me, or the battery , is a possibility, but it makes more sense to try all the batteries first.
               If you send the battery back to me like we discussed, I would document opening it so you can see the actual battery and fully charged and me putting it into one of my Ugobes. The problem is that if the battery fully charged by you before you send it to me and then documented me putting it in one of my Ugobes and It does WORK, then it does not solve your problem, cause obviously, sending another battery is not going to solve the problem unless the battery you send does not work, It is highly unlikely though that both green batteries would not work and the egg battery, which means there is something not making a good connection as I do not think it is the Pleo, as he had the plastic tab and should be brand new, no reason to think it is the Pleo, or he would not have hatched at all.
               1. fully charge all batteries making sure they are properly seated and egg battery is run 3 full hours, and goes from flashing red to Solid RED.
                2. Video tape if at all possible, ( really really can help us help you..) what each battery in it's charger looks like, and the cable or adapter you are using for batteries.
                3. Video putting each battery fully charged, 4 hrs each for green, and 3 hrs for the egg battery being put into the Pleo.
                                                                                Please try the above so we can eliminate any seen problems.                                                     RWM and her Pleo Clan of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 04:50:41 PM »

Just a point to note - If you only got 15 mins from the green battery you used first it sounds like it was not fully charged.  A green battery that is fully charged should give you an hours playtime.  I think like the others say it must be a battery not charging properly issue.
Best of luck.  I hope you get it sorted out. :)

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 06:29:26 PM »

I will video tomorrow morning for all to view thanks for all the help.
Dan

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRm8kmAS3gQ&feature=youtu.be

I posted a video it was in the blinking stage for about 10 minutes I just edited the time.

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 09:19:52 PM »

I just posted another video this time with the green pleo battery and am having the same issue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55c_DRTL_UQ&feature=youtu.be

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 10:19:57 PM »

That outfit is adorable, but the problem remains, the batteries are just not charged :( Have you tried:
a) another power outlet
b) another power adapter
c) Taking them off when it says they are done and putting them straight back on, repeating as many times as necessary.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »

You'd have to be very unlucky indeed to have three dead batteries, or even two dead chargers, so this does seem to point to a power or adapter problem causing the batteries not to be fully charged, or it's the Pleo - which also seems unlikely as he started to hatch and this does look like a classic battery problem.   :-\

You wouldn't happen to have a multimeter/tester, would you?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2012, 11:45:59 PM »

I agree, It does seem very unlikey that you happen to have THREE dead batteries, esp since Pleo did come on. I am inclined to believe as Crewella and IMR said, that is could be an adapter or plug problem. also just because teh battery light turns green, or turns solid red in the case of the egg, it still needs to be the full three hrs for the egg battery and 4 I think for the green batteries . In other words, if it has been 2 hrs and the egg turns red, let it sit it there the whole other hour or even longer it will not hurt in this case. Also is the adapter plug in tight enough, as you may not be getting a tight or full connection. same with the green batteries, if they are not seated correctly or charged the full time, even a few minutes may make a difference. I am leaning towards the idea of it being the charger or adapter that is the problem at this point. I think the battery came partially charged and that is why you got a few minutes of hatching but nothing more. The Pleo snoring is a CLASSIc symptom of a battery not being strong enough.. My Ugobes do the same thing when they do not have enough "juice" and they will go to sleep and if I try to turn them on, they snore...

Can you post a video of the adapter you are using or the plug and as was suggested, try another outlet. At this point it all helps. Don;t give up, I know it is frustrating but I am sure it is not the Pleo, but a connection problem related to the batteries and not that they don't work, but are not being charged fully or correctly, along that line.                                         RWM

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2012, 01:58:00 AM »

I would try a different power cable.  I had the same issue with my batteries not charging properly but found when I used a different type of power cable - which I bought from my local electronics store for about $20 - the problem was solved.  I did go through the hassle of purchasing a new charger for my green batteries first and waited for it to ship and then when it got here it didn't work either.  I'm fairly confident that if you just try a different power cable you should have a better result.  It worked for me. :)

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2012, 05:21:06 AM »

I have been in contact with leadingwincorp and sent them a video and they are going to send me to new batteries but I also asked if they could send a new cradle and power cord. I will look here in saint Augustine Florida U.S to find another replacement cord what is the specs i should get  the same as stated in the book AC Adaptor power ratings: 120v AC 60 HZ 230mA / Output DC 800mA  

Also what is a multimeter/tester, where do you get one and how do you use it.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 05:38:39 AM by MICKEY »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2012, 09:57:17 AM »

Yep - the same spec as on the one you have, take it with you if you're not sure.

I just asked if you had a multimeter on the offchance - it's not worth getting one just for Pleo batteries, especially as you will be getting replacements.  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2012, 10:31:03 AM »

Hi, I sent you a PM, but just thought of one more important thing, The egg chargers and batteries are very sensitive and I am sure Crewella, IMR, Kat and anyone else who has one can attest to that fact. If you accidently bump one or the cord or the slightest tug, etc, they can set the recharging all over and it may affect the outcome, I wish they made these batteries not as sensitive and to turn to green would be less confusing, but anyone who has one can tell you that they really are worth their money when are put into Pleo. just wanted you to know how sensitive they are and to make sure they put in an area where they can not be accidently bumped etc.,by pets, etc. Just thought I would mention that.                                           Pat            RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2012, 12:55:05 PM »

Yep, as RWM says, the egg chargers don't always connect and the battery can feel quite loose in the compartment and might take a couple of goes.  The batteries are a LOT better than the green Ugobe ones, though.  :)

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2012, 04:01:41 PM »

The battery is loose on the charger however I can not get it so it does not shake around in the charger after locking it in place.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2012, 05:19:36 PM »

That's how they are, Mickey - completely different from the green Ugobe ones that click securely home both back and front in their charger.

My Ucube batteries all charge fine in the egg, no matter how wobbly they feel.  Which I know doesn't help you, but at leat you know you're not doing it wrong. ;)

Just a point - don't ever try the egg battery in the green charger.  Ucube egg batteries are Li-Poly and Ugobe green batteries are NiMH - they have very different charging requirements.

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2012, 04:07:05 AM »

I have been in contact with leadingwincorp the Ebay seller and they are shipping out 2 batteries a new cradle and adapter.  Already have tracing number to try and resolve issue. I will video receiving new items charging batteries and hopefully the life of Pleo. I hope all these efforts work. They have been very nice about it understanding it was Christmas gift. I will video the contents of the old batteries, charger and adapter so they can see I am using the new items they sent

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »

That's good news - I'm glad they were cooperative.  I look forward to hearing what happens when the new charger/adapter and batteries arrive.  Fingers crossed. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 12:49:39 PM »

Hi,Mickey sent back the egg charger and battery to me and I just got it this morning, I asked him to please mark a black mark on the battery, fully charge it, then send it back to me in original box and I would videotape opening it, and putting it in one of my Ugobes, I did this so as to confirm that I did not switch the battery and that it was his. The good news is that the battery did work perfectly, and I did not have to charge it at all, The Pleo, a Ugobe did not snore, get tired or anything different. I just uploaded the video, so will edit it and upload here so Mickey and everyone else can see. I do have a suspicion that either Mickey has a "bad" Pleo, or it is something else strange. The battery was fully charged and worked perfectly, so unless the new green batteries and charger give him different results, it seems to be the Pleo. Anyone else have another idea. I am thinking it must be the pleo, or the egg would not have worked in my Ugobe and the green ones of course I think are going to be no different. It seems strange that THREE batteries none work...sorry to say, I have no other conclusion but am glad that the battery can be eliminated. Will post as soon as uploaded.  :)                     Hopefully you get the green batteries this week, cause if they don't work and you also have my video as back up that they do work, but not in your Pleo, that you can give that as evidence to the seller and perhaps it was a "bad" pleo...strange but no other ideas? ???                                      RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »

OK - that's very helpful.  The battery is confirmed to be OK, but the Pleo is displaying what seems to  be low battery behavour?  Which says to me that maybe something is not quite right in the battery comparment or the connections to it?  :-\

Either way is kind of immaterial - the seller needs to know all this and that the problem seems to lie with the Pleo, I think.  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 01:38:49 PM »

Ok Mickey, here is the video of the battery you sent me so see for yourself what the results are, I videotaped opening the box, the battery and everything. I think Crewella has a good idea there. do talk to the seller for sure.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIanexCJnP8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIanexCJnP8</a>

RWM
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal