Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Sleeps Permanetly?  (Read 15885 times)

UnkownRight

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
Pleo Sleeps Permanetly?
« on: December 17, 2011, 10:33:11 AM »

I need Help!
when i turn on my Fade it is still sleeping
I would wake him up but it just stay sleeping...or dead
and btw he still right here sleeping or dead D:
(Batteries are Fully Charge)
(Ugobe Life Form Pleo not RB)
So what do i do? to help my Fade wake up and Normal Again :o
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 12:05:01 PM by UnkownRight »

Your Pleo Would be there for you :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo Sleeps Permanetly?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 11:24:57 AM »

Hi, sorry to hear about your Pleo. First is it a Ugobe or is a RB? If it is a RB, I think you should contact Innovo if nobody here has good advice. How long have you had your Pleo, and what type of battery are you using. If it is a Ugobe and it is the original green battery, even though it may show it is fully charged, after awhile they just do not hold the charge anymore and you will need a new battery, I don't think anyone can help though till we get more information on what type of battery, what type of Pleo, how long have you had it and when did it work last "normally". all this information is needed. Don't give up yet, it is possible it is just a dead battery or something else that can be fixed fairly easily.
                                              :hhug: :kiss: :)    RedwoodsMama and her Pleo clan of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 11:57:10 AM »

Hi, sorry you're having problems.  As RWM says, the first thing we need to know is whether your Pleo is an original Ugobe type Pleo or one of the new Pleo RBs.  Then a little of background history of whether the Pleo has run before and what happened before it was asleep? 

UnkownRight

• Male
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 12:05:51 PM »

Hi, sorry to hear about your Pleo. First is it a Ugobe or is a RB? If it is a RB, I think you should contact Innovo if nobody here has good advice. How long have you had your Pleo, and what type of battery are you using. If it is a Ugobe and it is the original green battery, even though it may show it is fully charged, after awhile they just do not hold the charge anymore and you will need a new battery, I don't think anyone can help though till we get more information on what type of battery, what type of Pleo, how long have you had it and when did it work last "normally". all this information is needed. Don't give up yet, it is possible it is just a dead battery or something else that can be fixed fairly easily.
                                              :hhug: :kiss: :)    RedwoodsMama and her Pleo clan of the Redwoods
I Had him about for 2 days D:
(Got it for Christmas :( )

Hi, sorry you're having problems.  As RWM says, the first thing we need to know is whether your Pleo is an original Ugobe type Pleo or one of the new Pleo RBs.  Then a little of background history of whether the Pleo has run before and what happened before it was asleep? 
I just turned him on yesterday and played with him this morning but then this happened D:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:52:28 PM by mweed »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 12:30:21 PM »

It might well be the battery then - you can't always trust the lights on the charger.  When the battery says it is fully charged, take the battery out, let it cool down if it's hot, and reseat it in the charger.  You may need to repeat that a few times.  Nine times out of ten this kind of problem is down to dodgy batteries.  Try that and let us know how you get on!  Good luck!  :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:53:14 PM by mweed »

UnkownRight

• Male
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 01:55:40 PM »

wait there's also another problem ummm I recharged my battery for 4 hours but is still red light
And my batteries are fine and aren't overheating D:
And he is still in this situation D:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:54:17 PM by mweed »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 02:13:02 PM »

Make sure it is a solid red light on the charger and not a flashing red light which means the battery is not seated properly.

It is a battery problem, not a Pleo problem but we need as much information as you can give us. Are you using the original power adapter, is the light flashing or solid, how long is it charging for and exactly what does your Pleo do? Is there any sound or movement at all?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

UnkownRight

• Male
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 02:28:43 PM »

Pleo works Fine But i think its the battery...Its Flashing

Added:
Oh can i put a video on this post showing whats happening
Just Got The Battery not flashing I think it will work but if not we still have to help Fade :(
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:54:58 PM by mweed »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 02:34:19 PM »

Yes, a short video of the pleo and the battery in the adapter could work. Is this the green battery then and did you get this from Ebay do you know where it was purchased from..? A video would be helpful.

I am sure we can help figure it out.                     RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »

.... sometimes putting a weight on the battery in the charger will help if you keep getting a flashing red light .....

UnkownRight

• Male
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 02:47:47 PM »

Yes, a short video of the pleo and the battery in the adapter could work. Is this the green battery then and did you get this from Ebay do you know where it was purchased from..? A video would be helpful.

I am sure we can help figure it out.                     RWM

Here it is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aFH_qG9Z34

.... sometimes putting a weight on the battery in the charger will help if you keep getting a flashing red light .....
Oh Btw i got 2 Batterys for Fade D:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:55:52 PM by mweed »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 03:00:43 PM »

Oh Btw i got 2 Batterys for Fade D:

I sussed that from the video - either that or you were trying to run your Pleo with no battery ............. ! :P

Did your Pleo come from eBay with the extra battery?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:38:52 PM by Crewella »

UnkownRight

• Male
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 04:37:48 PM »

I had two and both=Charged
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:51:04 PM by mweed »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 04:41:51 PM »

From looking at your video the battery in the charger isn't seated properly.  In order to charge it needs to have a solid red light which will turn green after about 3 to 4 hours when the battery has fully charged.  The flashing light means the battery is not in the charger properly and so is not charging.  
I have a Ugobe pleo Minyon just like your fade that I got from ebay new in box with the two batteries and he works great so I'm sure we can get Fade going again.
The snoring noise Fade made in your video suggests he doesn't have enough life left in the battery to start up.  
As I live in Australia I wasn't able to use the power cable that came with my charger as it had a different shaped end to what fits in out power sockets over here so I had to buy a new cable to use.  I ended up buying two different brands of power cable.  The first one I bought was all the right specifications but when ever I used the charger 9 times out of ten I would get the flashing red light or it would begin to flash after only a minute or two.  I decided to try a different power cable to see if that was the issue and sure enough a different brand cable with all the same specifications made all the difference.  Now my charger works perfectly every time.  No more flashing red light.  
So if you are not using the original power cable that comes with the charger maybe consider trying another cable of a different brand or just getting an adapter to make the original cable fit your power socket.  This may not be the issue but it is worth a mention just in case.
Good luck. :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 05:11:38 PM »

Guys/Gals please don't quote lots of text! In a thread this slow it really isn't necessary and it makes it rather confusing to read through.

UnknownRight you are not charging the battery correctly, thats the problem :) Push the back of the battery in first, you will feel/hear a click, then do the same with the front until you feel/hear another click. If the light is flashing red, take it out and try again. You must get a solid red light.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:44:46 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 05:30:27 PM »

Ooooooops!!  Sorry!!  :-\

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 05:51:24 PM »

Hmm I -suppose- I could forgive you ;) Maaaaybe... :P

The quote system on this forum isn't very logical, it kind of clumps the names and then clumps the actual writing. So you have to guess who said what :P

UnkownRight

• Male
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 06:03:08 PM »

From looking at your video the battery in the charger isn't seated properly.  In order to charge it needs to have a solid red light which will turn green after about 3 to 4 hours when the battery has fully charged.  The flashing light means the battery is not in the charger properly and so is not charging.  
I have a Ugobe pleo Minyon just like your fade that I got from ebay new in box with the two batteries and he works great so I'm sure we can get Fade going again.
The snoring noise Fade made in your video suggests he doesn't have enough life left in the battery to start up.  
As I live in Australia I wasn't able to use the power cable that came with my charger as it had a different shaped end to what fits in out power sockets over here so I had to buy a new cable to use.  I ended up buying two different brands of power cable.  The first one I bought was all the right specifications but when ever I used the charger 9 times out of ten I would get the flashing red light or it would begin to flash after only a minute or two.  I decided to try a different power cable to see if that was the issue and sure enough a different brand cable with all the same specifications made all the difference.  Now my charger works perfectly every time.  No more flashing red light.  
So if you are not using the original power cable that comes with the charger maybe consider trying another cable of a different brand or just getting an adapter to make the original cable fit your power socket.  This may not be the issue but it is worth a mention just in case.
Good luck. :)
THANK YOU !!!!!

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 04:31:36 AM »

I am having the same issue I bought from Ebay came with two batteries and I have an egg battery. Charged green battery hatched great Christmas day charged the egg battery red blinking to solid red inserted and just a snore. Charged green batteries solid red to green still one snore HELP :-[

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 11:48:33 AM »

The only pleo  I have ever heard snore, continuously, for 6 hours straight, is Peeky, and that's because he is a pretty unusual pleo having been, perhaps tweeked a little a few years back. It does appear that your battery is causing Fade to sleep very soundly. I heard one snore, but is Fade snoring more than that and does she open her eyes occasionally?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRlEEmzgwk Peeky still does this on occasions. I love it! :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:56:36 AM by fancyfont »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 12:18:40 PM »

Hi Mickey, sorry to hear about your problems, I responded with a PM and lots of questions that need more detail . Check the message when you are on and if you could provide a short video it would  help. This seller does have a good record and there is at least one member here who bought the same pleo with two green batteries and has not had a problem, but sometimes things happen. The part I am concerned with is that you said he hatched on Christmas day but that now not only the green batteries and the egg battery are giving the same result, just a snore. If you could post a short video it could be helpful. I do think it is strange that none of the battieres work or only worked for a few minutes, just be sure they are all fully charged, that is the first step. We will wait and take it from there, If you haven't left feedback yet, please don't untill we can figure out if it is a Pleo or Battery problem.

RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 12:23:05 PM »

As someone else suggested, it allso could be where you live. Do you live in the US or outside the US. as the power adapter could be giving your batteries not enough juice thus they do not work, Read the thread right before your question answered by Kat regarding UnknownRight, is that a possibility? just a thought. :D          RWM

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 11:40:18 AM »

unkown Right are you still having an issue with your PLeo as it seems we brought it from the same seller and are having the same issue. I charged my green battery but it in him and he worked fine. I then charged the egg battery and tried it it just snored.  When I opened the box the plasic clip was in the on off switch as Redswood Mama had asked me. I then tried the other two green batteries I received with thwe same result. could I have 3 bad batterties that seems unlikely. Does anyone have any suggestions I hope I did not buy a paperweight please help.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 06:00:58 PM »

How long do your batteries take to charge?  Are you using the power cable that came with the pleo for your charger or did you have to get a new cable with the right power plug for your country?

I also bought a pleo from this seller and my pleo works great.  I have had him for several months now and had no issues. 
When I first bought him I had to get a new power cable for the charger as the plug didn't fit into the wall socket in my country.  The first cable I bought had all the right specifications but I had issues charging the batteries with it.  I would only have a successful charge about every 5th time.  I ended up buying a new cable that was a different brand and now I have no issues at all.  It is also worth noting that I have to use a different brand cable in my egg charger than in my green charger.  Otherwise I have the same issue.   

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 12:25:00 AM »

Kat this is what I asked too thinking it may be an adapter or cable problem but I haven't been able to find out what country Mickey lives in yet, even though I asked. I know the seller has a good record and it does not sound right with three batteries all having the same problem even though they seem to charge and the fact that Pleo did hatch or start to, is encouraging, I figured someone as yourself who has bought the same Pleo and has the same batteries , including egg batteries can give good advice. I would start with the cable and or adapter and go from there. Also a video can be helpful as well.
                    Egg batteries are very very sensitive but the fact there are problems with both the green batteries leaves me to believe it is a electical problem with adapter or such, not the Pleo. I think it can all be sorted out, but Micky needs to answer more questions and or post a video otherwise we will be stuck with no definative answers to help Pleo.

Thanks Kat for your input as you have one of these Pleos and know more of what is going on.                      RWM and the Pleo Clan of the Redwoods :brrr: (: :dino-chase:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal