Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dove's Kittens, Newborn Video taken 8-7-2011  (Read 2111 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Dove's Kittens, Newborn Video taken 8-7-2011
« on: August 08, 2011, 01:31:53 PM »

Well most people that know me here on the forums know that not only do I love Pleos, but I also love animals, esp cats and have been involved in Cat rescue for a long time, Four days ago I helped my friend rescue a young cat who was very pregnant and starving on the streets along with her mom who isn't very old herself, Luckily these cats are not feral and could be handled, they had just been tossed aside like so many pets are. Yesterday while Baby Pleo Rb and I were up in Klamath video taping a whale stuck in the river, this cat went into labor, I missed videotaping the delivery, and she had problems and ended up at the vets, ( breech birth with a paw stuck out, but also dry, no embryonic sac  or fluid !! :o) but mother came out ok and with only two healthy and large kittens. I took this video last night while only a few hours old and again this morning while feeding mom, Dove, still only less than a day old. So hope you enjoy my Non Pleo film, ( I will upload the Pleo Whale video later  ;))
                     <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sudJsgZvSk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sudJsgZvSk</a>

RedwoodsMama and her "Pleo township in the Redwoods"

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Dove's Kittens, Newborn Video taken 8-7-2011
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 02:25:53 PM »

Awe! Poor mama! That had to be aweful to try to deliver like that. My callico cat Yin-Yang had a similar problem. She had one kitten and then just stopped contracting. I could feel other kittens inside her but she just didn't seem interested in continuing. I gave her two hours and then I found someone to take us to the vet. The vets were frantic in a controled kind of way. They asked me about forty questions in like ten minutes as we were driving up the road and met us at the door with one of those wheeled caged stretcher thinggies and took Yin-Yang and her kitten right to the opperating room.
Well, about two hours later, we left with a drunk and stitched up mom and five kittens. The vets told me to keep rubbing the runt to make him breathe and to be sure Yin-Yang couldn't wander around until the anasthesia wore off. I stayed up with them nearly all night. I think I passed out at about two AM or so and by morning we only had four. The littlest one had passed during the night.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 02:32:34 PM »

My (now elderly) calico Giddy did the same, she had trouble with the first and insisted I sat by her and held her paw as it was born, and then went "Ouch - that hurt - I'm not going through that again, the rest can stay in there"!  After three hours of waiting I had to take her to the vet to get her induced before we got to meet the rest!  :o

That's a very beautiful cat, and such pretty kitties.  Kind of a shame you can't stuff 'em in an envelope and send them to me! ;) :P

I'm glad you and you friend found and rescued her, RWM, though I suspect she 'found' you! ;)  :-*

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »

Awww they were so cute. ;D  I couldn't help but notice that the mama cat has no tail.  Is she a Manx or did she lose it in an accident?  I noticed a tail on one of the kittens but couldn't see if the other one had a tail or not.  I use to have a manx cat.  She was the loveliest little thing, very affectionate and sweet.  She was one of a litter of 5, 1 that had no tail at all, 2 with just a little stump of a tail (she was one of these), 1 with a half length tail and the last one had a full length tail.  Their mama was a Manx and the dad was just a stray cat so I guess she was only a half manx kitten. ;D  We had her for 13 years and then we found her horribly injured in the middle of our driveway early one morning but it was too late to save her.  We suspect she was attacked by a dog. :( 
Anyway the Kittens are beautiful.  And such a pretty mama cat too. ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 12:39:46 AM »

Hi Kat, yes Dove does have a tail, though it is very short, about the size of my little finger an all bent curled up. I too had a wonderfull little female Manx several years ago, the most loving adorable female I have ever owned, named Sandy, She was a small grey Manx with a short bob of a tail. Manx are devoted little cats and most definilty one person cats. I adored that cat and love Manx but she is the only one I have ever had...As for Dove's kittens, they both have tails, though I haven't gotten close enough to check out just how much of a tail they both have. Dove has Siamese in her with those beautiful blue eyes, and her mom is a small thin Tortie. NOt sure what her father looked like.

I will take more photos as these babies grow and give updates. I do think they should have no problem finding homes, including the lovely little mom, Dove herself is only about 8 months old, just a kitten herself, It was scary when she had that first kitten with the paw sticking out and no embyonic sac. My friend called and rushed her to the vets where the vet had to pull the little one out and boy did Dove do what it says like in the Prince song, "When Doves Cry".  :( :o MOre like a scream from what I heard, Then about two hours later, baby number two arrived. From what I was told and have seen, the first baby, the two tone cream or light brown and white baby is bigger than normal and weighs in at almost twice what newborns weigh. ( forgot how many grams, but something like 4 oz) After the second one was born, we kept waiting thinking there must be one more perhaps two, but after calling the vet back, Dove was taken back to the Emergency Vets with kittens and examined and told, nope that is it, only two kittens! Both kittens are fine and looking good and getting plenty of milk from Dove.
                Mom for being such a young mom is very loving and trusting to everyone that comes in there. I have to go over and feed her every three hours and her mom in the cage next to her gets fed as well, but not as many times a day.
      One kitten is a boy and the other a little girl. Dove is very very lucky to have been caught and transferred into a large cage and maternity ward in the nick of time, If we had waited to get her this weekend, I would hate to think about poor Dove trying to deliver that kitten on her own, and with no food to help support her. :( My friend has used her garage as a cat rescue pen before when I was the caretaker for 24 feral and semi feral cats and I watched a beautiful young cat give birth to five healthy kittens, getting all but the first one recorded on video. all of those cats were a miracle as you do not find homes for 24 feral or semi feral cats anywhere, ( I adopted two of those kittens from that colony, a boy and a girl) and my friend adopted one rasing him from the time he was only 2 1/2 weeks old. ( HIs mom deserted him.) so Dove was lucky to find some people ( my friend and myself) who cared to take two hungery cats in need off of the streets, just in time to have Dove deliver her babies. :)Kat, I am so sorry to hear about your Manx, that was terrible, I have so many nighmare stories liek this, that is why I try to help all those I can of any species. Well, off to bed, cats get up early around here, esp when ou haave nine of them! %) ;)   RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 05:07:04 PM »

ok guys I have been super busy baby sitting or should I say Kat Cat sitting my friend's 15 cats plus these two rescue cats, ( including Dove the young mama cat) and Dove's two kittens who just opened their eyes. They just turned two weeks old yesterday, but first I thought I would show this video taken a few days ago, when they were just 10 days old, It is really fun watching young animals, including kittens grow, These guys are huge and fat and healthy. The mom is an excellent mom as well, While my friend is out of town, ( Arizona) I am getting lots of time in with all her cats, all 17 plus kittens and I am getting worn out feeding everyone, and scooping all those boxes but when I see the video of the ktitens I know it is all worth it because these are two kittens that would have died as well as the poor mom because of the problems she had in delivery, and nobody that cared for her on the street, another abandoned pet.
 so here is the update on Dove's Kittens! ;D<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAF-UJnsZhU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAF-UJnsZhU</a>

RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 06:46:19 PM »

Bless you RWM - those are just the most gorgeous kittens.  I'm so glad you found them and their mother and were able to help.  Cute kitttens always cheer me up!  ;D

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 07:24:21 PM »

Soooooooooooo cute :-*
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 07:48:29 AM »

They are super cute!  And so lucky to have you to look after them. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal