Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Downloads for LifeOS 1.0, 1.0.2, and 1.1  (Read 70868 times)

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Downloads for LifeOS 1.0, 1.0.2, and 1.1
« on: December 22, 2008, 03:34:35 PM »

These are posted here for the benefit of Pleo owners in the absence of any official sites.   Please visit the official Pleo manufacturer or licensed distributor for the official downloads.

Please read the PDF instructions!  They should answer nearly all of your questions on how to use this download.  If not, refer to the related topic in this board.

Downloads for the Ugobe LifeOS 1.1 upgrade

Downloads for the Ugobe LifeOS 1.0.2 upgrade

Downloads for DOWNGRADING/RESETTING to Ugobe LifeOS 1.0.

This downloads are intended to reset/restore your pleo to it's original state, and will erase all files stored on your pleo and reset any personality.

Neither myself nor www.bobthepleo.com or its owners or any member of these forums accept any responsibility for this download or any consequences arising from its use.  It is solely provided as a service to Pleo owners in the absence of the PleoWorld site.

Thanks to all the members who provided these files!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 02:19:02 PM by grumpy »

dinosaurs_rule

• Leaving the nest
Re: Downloads for LifeOS1.1
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 04:18:38 PM »

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!  I've been trying to contact the company for this file.  Almost gave up hope.

Thanks again!
 :) :) :)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 04:21:45 PM »

You're welcome dinosaurs_rule!  Feel free to start a new thread in the Pleo cafe and tell us all about your pleo!

KH11981

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 08:32:13 AM »

I need to use the windows usb updater but it doesn't work. The file type isn't correct as it is an exe icon rather than a setup one and if you click on it it opens a dos box for a second then closes. Does anyone have another version/copy of this file please

Starfire

• Head of the herd
  • Female
  • Pleo's seranade Seaworld
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 10:35:31 AM »

KH11981 when you download the files you don't have a setup file.  What you want to see is the .urf file.  Just copy this onto the memory card and place it in your pleo.  With the card in before turning him on he will read the urf file instead of activating his normal personality.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 10:37:43 AM »

I need to use the windows usb updater but it doesn't work. The file type isn't correct as it is an exe icon rather than a setup one and if you click on it it opens a dos box for a second then closes. Does anyone have another version/copy of this file please

Hi there.  Remember to unzip the file from this website before you can use it.  Read the PDF file for information.

KH11981

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 11:10:43 AM »

I have unzipped it. gives me a macOs folder even though it is windows download, the pdf and an exe file. its this exe that doesn't work. download the windows usb firmware above and you'll see what I mean.

might just buy an SD card and use that. is there any diference between SD and usb versions?

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 11:30:37 AM »

The SD updater is faster and easier to use.

The attachment is a screenshot of the contents of the windows updater as downloaded when I last edited this post
You will need to check where you unzipped the file and use the file without "._" at the start.  I have notified Mike that his windows zip file contains the windows and mac updaters.

I have attached a new .zip file containing only the windows updaters.  There was a problem that the file was called *.msi.exe where it must only be called *.msi  If you want this to work just rename it and delete .exe from the end leaving it .msi

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 11:45:32 AM by degers »

KH11981

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 12:42:14 PM »

I'll try it when I get home from work. Thanks for the help

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 06:43:37 PM »

I updated the zip file linked from the first post.  I removed the mac directory and renamed the the msi file.  Should be good now!

Thanks for figuring out the problem degers!

KH11981

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 08:52:08 PM »

Used the SD version. Think it worked although it did seem a little quick. How can I tell. He does seen more active and does sing little songs if I stroke his chin. Does this sound like it's worked?

Also I checked the new doenload ypu posted and the file looks like a setup file now and it looks like it will work. thanks again for all the help folks

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 11:08:20 PM »

If the personalities work, then you installed the OS1.1 correctly.  Typically if the upgrade didn't work, your pleo would be dead.

li54

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 10:51:43 AM »

If the personalities work, then you installed the OS1.1 correctly.  Typically if the upgrade didn't work, your pleo would be dead.
my pleo is dead, but the personalities work fine, so there seems to be no need for a correct OS, as long as the basic i/o is alive.
shouldn't be that hard to bring him back to life, but the standard updater refuses to do the update again, because the pleo already answers as 1.1.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 12:14:14 PM »

my pleo is dead, but the personalities work fine, so there seems to be no need for a correct OS, as long as the basic i/o is alive.
shouldn't be that hard to bring him back to life, but the standard updater refuses to do the update again, because the pleo already answers as 1.1.

My comments were referring to someone who has a functioning pleo running an earlier version of the OS who tries to install an upgrade (i.e., KH11981).
  • If your pleo is dead ("bricked" as they called it) due to the upgrade process, the the upgrade did not work.  The most common suggestion from Ugobe was to re-download the install and try again, preferably with the SD installer.
  • If you  installed the update and had a functioning pleo (as KH11981 did), then trying the personalities is a good way to confirm that the install worked and you are in fact running the new OS.
  • If you installed the update and it worked, and then your pleo "died", we are talking about a problem like hujahu has in the LifeOS 1.0.2 for downgrade topic.  A pleo already running LifeOS 1.1 will not re-install (the problem li54 seems to be having).  That is why Ugobe created a special patched "downgrade" for Life OS 1.0.2 designed specifically to take a 1.1 and wipe it out and install the 1.0.2.  From there, you can then re-install a fresh 1.1  At this time, I do not know if the standard 1.0 -> 1.0.2 "upgrade" will work, or if you must have the special patched 1.1 -> 1.0.2 "downgrade".

« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:17:25 PM by mweed »

justbede

• Pleo visionary
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 11:03:59 AM »

Thank you very much for this thread guys when i was trying to update baxter it was extremely helpful, thanks again.
Innvo Labs, creating life since 2009

steve_jjones

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 01:10:48 AM »

My Pleo died when I tried updating to 1.1 via USB. I fixed him by running the 1.1 update via SD card, then running the normal 1.0.2 update via USB.

Notes:

Pleo's personality is reset
The 1.1 update didn't complete it's final beep. So I left him for 15 mins, then switched him off, removed the SD card before i ran the 1.0.2 update.

Hope this helps someone!

MagicalWingLT

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
    • MySpace Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 02:30:06 AM »

Question: How do I find out what LifeOS version I have?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 03:38:11 AM »

If you have never updated then chances are you have 1.0 or 1.0.2, so try the 1.1. To know for sure hold your Pleo's back and chin and he will sit, if he moves around and makes noises then he is running 1.1 already :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

taoworm23

• Sugar cane harvester
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 07:58:35 AM »

Hey Mweed, did you ever get a copy of the LifeOS patched DOWNGRADE to 1.0.2. yet.
If so we would all really appreciate it. :)

MagicalWingLT

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
    • MySpace Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 02:38:29 PM »

Ok I'll test it out tonight... Right now the battery is charging and then I have to go through the birthing process... Yes I got my Pleo today...

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 03:05:21 PM »

Hey Mweed, did you ever get a copy of the LifeOS patched DOWNGRADE to 1.0.2. yet.

I've never been able to get someone to send me one.  The UPGRADE supposedly doesn't check the OS version and will write over 1.1, so that might be just as good as a true downgrade.  There is also the Point-of-purchase (POP) demo mode that Ugobe used to send out to people with bricked or damaged OS pleos as way to essentially wipe their pleo.   After installing the POP mode, you install a real OS on top of it.

taoworm23

• Sugar cane harvester
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 04:06:46 PM »

javascript:void(0);

I've never been able to get someone to send me one.  The UPGRADE supposedly doesn't check the OS version and will write over 1.1, so that might be just as good as a true downgrade.  There is also the Point-of-purchase (POP) demo mode that Ugobe used to send out to people with bricked or damaged OS pleos as way to essentially wipe their pleo.   After installing the POP mode, you install a real OS on top of it.

Can I install the ORIGINAL 1.0 LifeOS? (I have 1.0.2 and have NEVER upgraded to 1.1 in over a year.
Is there a zip file with 1.0 or can I just use the 'Reset To Hatchling' codes? (5 lines in ASCII text on SD)
Also If I do this will that ever change if I download 1.1? Thanks mweed! You are our light in this dark time. ;)

Now if I can just find a copy of DINO-mite.... :(
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:11:24 PM by taoworm23 »

MagicalWingLT

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Female
    • MySpace Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 09:59:38 PM »

Well I tried holding his chin and rear, and he didn't do anything... I read the instruction for 1.1 nd it says that he'll sit down for this version... But IMR said that he would walk around... What to do? lol

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 11:41:11 PM »

Taeworm, You are missing so much by not downloading 1.1. It really is wonderful! :)
Magic, I think some pleos are stuborn when it comes to sitting! ;)

baby

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 01:43:21 PM »

Ok I'll test it out tonight... Right now the battery is charging and then I have to go through the birthing process... Yes I got my Pleo today...

I too just got my Pleo, just before hearing that they went belly up.  I was trying to follow the thread, but was having trouble.  Can anyone tell me, a Mac user, what the best way to update is?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal