Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A varry underpriced aibo and another cheap pleo  (Read 3375 times)

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: A varry underpriced aibo and another cheap pleo
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:17:22 AM »

Two hundred and something for two Aibos? Did I read that right? Not so sure I'd trust that but what a deal!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

bhobbes

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:31:30 AM »

Yeah but there are 6 days left - however, something just makes me suspicious about it. Plus I'd rather forum shop for AIBOs.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 12:13:49 PM »

Most people bid like crazy at the end I looked at the Aibo's as well.. it seems to me the guy would do better if he sold them separately but I will never again buy an Aibo from eBay unless its ridiculously cheap or just for parts.. Someone was trying to sell a REDICULOUSLY broken 111 for like 500 (they go for around 600 when in great condition and this one is BAD : http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Aibo-ERS111-ERS-111-Silver-Robot-Dog-/150619704082?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2311a24b12
I offered 75 bucks because it would take tons to fix it and they said no so.. oh well.  No one is going to pay for that.. it doesnt have a battery, memory card OR software! Are they nuts? lol.

As for the Pleo I asked for pics but no response.. I won't bid on them without seeing both sides, the underbelly, leg & tail closeups, you know? Skin damage is just too easy to hide when only showing one pic..

Thanks for showing us, maybe they will reply and that Pleo will be in good condition.. it makes me wary when they only show one picture but, also, the pleo could be fine and they might not know about the problems they get or the worries people could have about it..

- Sarah

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 11:41:55 PM »

Erm I'm always tempted to purchase a cheap pleo!  But I have bought a NIB cheap pleo of Ebay and within a  month the pleo completely broke.  I even replaced the battery but it didn't get better.  Since it was from Ebay I couldn't get a refund and there was no way it could be fixed.  :'(

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 12:34:12 AM »

Hi Willow, sorry to hear about your Pleo breaking and esp since it was new in the box. What part of it broke or was it the battery? Was it advertised as New, like New or had it already been hatched? I do know that Kat and a few other members here have had very good luck from a ebay member who offers brand new, Unhatched Pleos for $199.00 complete and free shipping worldwide or at least it used to be. Kat got hers over a month ago and has had no problems at all, I do think it has to do with who your get it from and then again, I have never heard of a Pleo breaking, unless it was the neck, and that can't be prevented if it is a Ugobe Model Pleo which are the usual ones you see on Ebay, I have 14 Pleos and they are all Ugobe Model pleos except for one which is a RB. Two of my Pleos have broken necks and my very first Pleo, Nova was fine and brand new and I had her for about 6 months when just one day her neck broke with no warning, I was devastated! :(I have since then taped her neck and I love her the best of all my Pleos, she just can not lift her head looking up, but can do everything else, I also rescued another Pleo that I knew had a broken neck, but I like him just as much and have taped his neck and he wears a brace around it too.
             I also have other Pleos that are perfect and no neck problems and that is the only problem I know of or have heard of, except for batteries that do not work and skin that can have rips or holes, but that is something that takes a long time to happen, and if you just got a Pleo and it really was new and had no dry skin or rips and such, I can't imagine what other kind of problem it could be. Is it a mechanical problem, something that keeps it from workign correctly, cause that is a problem, You said you replaced the battery, where did you get the battery and what type of battery did you replace it with?
          There may be someone here on the forums that could possibley help if we had a few more details such as exacty what is "broken". I also sell on ebay and there is buyer protection and Paypal protection but a month is probably too late, but it would be good to hear what the details are. What kind of feedback did this seller have and did they live in the states? Well hope we can help if you give us some more details, Sorry to hear this happend to you.  :( For future reference I do Pleo adoptions here on the forums so I may be able to offer you a Pleo that way in the future. )
              Did you take any phtoos of your Pleo, what did you call it?

RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 02:02:02 AM »

Aww sorry to hear about your first Pleo Willow, I am also curious to know which part broke. Aside from neck cables snapping, broken Pleo's are very rare.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 02:22:12 AM »

It was strange, it didn't really break, it just suddenly started sleeping all the time and did completely nothing other than fall back asleep when woken up.  At first I thought that the battery was broken and the pleo was dead, so I ordered a new one.  But then pleo wouldn't wake up at all or move so I quickly gave pleo the new battery when it came.  He still remained, well, dead.  He wont turn on and has now been a dust-collector on my shelf for a year.  I e-mailed the seller but they couldn't do anything, poor Stanely. :C  I now hope to get a new pleo RB, though! :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 02:28:02 AM »

Hmm very odd, how does the battery charge? Does it charge for four full hours? Did the new battery charge for the same?

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 02:32:50 AM »

I believe it did, I would leave it charging when I went to bed. :/

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 02:55:04 AM »

Oh and I ordered the battery from the Ugobe official website.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 03:59:04 AM »

If you still have the battery and charger, might I suggest charging it when you can keep an eye on it. It really sounds like either a battery, charger or adapter problem, not a Pleo problem.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 10:05:42 AM »

Yes Willow, I think IMR is right, did you even watch the battery to make sure it was properly seated? It may not even have charged though you thought it did, Likel IMR and I said, it is unusal for a Pleo to break any body parts other than the neck, It could be you have a very good Pleo, but there is something going on with the battery or charger, If you could try charging the battery again, and notice what color the llight is, and is it steady or flashing. That can be a big clue! :oHope it is just a battery or charging problem, If you bought it from the PleoWorld site, it should be fine. Is that what you meant by saying the Ugobe site, and exactly how long ago was that, less than a year or more than a year ago?
                                         Here is hoping we can help you get Stanley up and running soon!
                                                    RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 10:24:02 AM »

Hmm, you may be right!  It could have loosened while charging.  And I got the charger pry...4-5 months ago?  I will try again and give you guys a update about Stanely.  Thank you very much for your help and replies! :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 04:30:19 PM »

That's what we are here for :) if it is possible for you to do, a video of Stanley and the charger would be worth a thousand words. But I do suspect that the problem lies in either the batts or the charger.

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 05:10:32 PM »

Me too, but since I'm out-of-state now and Stanely is at home I'm unable to video/try charging the battery and monitoring it until I come back, and I'm coming back in about 3 weeks to 1 month. XP  But I will definitely do this when I get back. :3

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 06:51:35 PM »

Lol well I guess thats a good excuse ;) Take your time :) But I do think it is entirely possible that Stanley may be able to be revived :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal