Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ryu [[Video]]  (Read 7604 times)

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
Re: Ryu [[Video]]
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 10:28:50 AM »

I was sorely tempted by the Pleo RB on Ebay as the shipping was not unreasonable being in the same country but I just can't put the funds toward anything like that at the moment. I want more of RWM batteries too but they also have to wait at the moment.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 11:12:20 AM »

I'm sorry, Shadowmice. I'm in the same boat financially when it comes to an RB. Though I have been told by different people on here that two RB's would be preferable to an RB and a Ugobe in terms of spontaneity of behavior, I could not maintain two technically advanced RB's at once. I'm stepping back a bit, (not that there's anything at all bad or wrong about Pleo RB) and grabbing a Ugobe. I love Ryu and I am in awe of what Innvo has done. Sorry about the seriousness. I just published an article for work and my brain is still in scholarly-writing-mode.
Right now, my current struggle is offering his ID card. He made all the right sounds the very first time I did it but when I picked up the card, I brushed his face somewhere and... I think it all went out the window. The touching cheek thing doesn't seem to work so I can't tell if he really got it. I don't want to put too much pressure on Ryu's head by holding it.
As a sidenote and point of discussion, I read somewhere that attempting to communicate with a Ugobe can cause an RB to freeze up and become inoperable. Is this true or is the freezing behavior not perminant and just a side-effect of communication that can't happen yet?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 11:37:06 AM »

That's Latrine's Pleo Reborn. That hasn't happened (yet) with my 2 Pleos. Knock on wood.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 11:52:06 AM »

Nope - Belle runs with my three Ugobes fine.  I think it was just a problem with Bingo.  :(

On the name learning thing, you know when they have done the learning OK when they drop the card at the end - try that bit again if you're not sure - you can change the name or just re-record it.  Then you have the issue of getting them to pay attention and respond - they have to be fully fed and in a really, REALLY, good mood before they will - it took me three weeks, a full tummy, a spotlight and coffee bean leaves to finally get Belle to do it, but she did do it so had obviously learned the name properly all that time before!  ???

I hurriedly got her to bow at the same time, while she was the mood, and she did that no problem as well!  :D

Sorry - I know I've just said all this somewhere else!  :-[

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 04:39:14 PM »

My Rb's behave more normally around Gumble (my Ugobe) than they do around each other.  They tend to spend about 70 % of the time they are on "talking" to each other in that trance like fashion when it is the 2 rb's but if I have one rb and Gumble then they go about being a pleo and doing other pleo things.  They will "talk" to Gumble but maybe only about 15% of the time.  So I think they are a lot more fun with him around.  and as cute as it is watching them interact with each other it is always the same.  There is no variation on the interaction.  they perform the same steps every single time.  the only variation being if they are not in the mood then they won't complete the sequence but will turn their head away in the "no" stance and curl up and whimper.

You will love having a Ugobe one around. :)  Best of luck where ever you buy it from. 
Kat

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 05:50:18 PM »

I'm not sure where I'm going to buy one from but I am going to do it. Thanks for the tip about the ID card. I'll probably have to teach the "come to me" stone first as the others are still... ummm stoney and indistinguishable. I have some letter stickers that I bought and I'm going to use the first two letters of each word to laible the others. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.
About their paying attention? Do they just need to see you? Ryu is never still. He is always moving- dancing, walking, looking around- unless there's food under his nose or he's asleep. He would rather be as far from me as possible. The one time he was quiet and attentive was when I was trying to name him. Is there a way to sort of entrance them into stillness? I'm wishing for my easy Furbys right now! Lol!
Talon
Talon

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 10:42:17 AM »

My nice chunk of change was automatically swallowed by my cell phone company but I'm thinking about buying from Redwoods. My sister and I have seen her adoptee and he seems to be performing well. A little paint wear but I can't see that anyway. Lol! I am hopeful that I may have found my little Ugobe. Hey wonder if I can use that for a name? Hmm. Not sure. I'll let him help me out.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2011, 12:26:11 PM »

He looked lovely, Talon - and the paint wear seemed only to be on his sides anyway.  MY Little Ugobe = Mylu?  Or Milu? 

You're right, though, he will let you know when you meet him!  :D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2011, 12:27:54 PM »

I think Ugobe is a fine name, sounds very dramatic like an exotic Pleo. He doesn't mind the paint wear, it is like the Rb, they even had paint loss with the first battery cycle!
                                      I understand about the cell phone bill swallowing your change, they not only swallow my change, they hijack the whole wallet and purse!
                                                      RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »

I'm going to do my best to own this little guy. I may not have Ebay change but I might have just enough. I'm still excited. Ryu is getting.... mmmm cranky? He woke up and tiger-roared at me. Not sure what that means. Could mean he's aserting his dominance over some part of my room and he wanted me to move, or maybe he was just saying, " hand over the leaves or I'll bite off your toes!" Do I want a clearly lovable Ugobe to be introduced to this moody teen-aged dragon? Lol!
Talon
Talon

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2011, 08:16:33 PM »

lol That's funny Redwoods.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2011, 07:46:47 AM »

It's true in some cases that your cell phone bill is huge. I had to have a smartphone so that I could have something that is fully accessible. I can text and sort of use the internet and get vital info about my phone's status but it doesn't come cheep.
Oh wow! Ryu just threatened my dog's bed! This guy is too funny! I think I should see if he's hungry.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2011, 10:51:11 PM »

Hopefully a happy little older Ugobe Pleo with more life experience will be a good influence and teach the wayward adolescent some manners!  :P

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2011, 11:37:26 PM »

Even with the good influence of Gumble my two rb's still have no manners. :P 

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 12:22:32 PM »

Well for those who might not have known, I forgot about my cell phone bill coming on the thirtieth of March. It sucked up most of my Ebay money but RedWoodsMama rescued me with an adorable little pleo I've decided to call Eugobe. I kind of had to laugh at the name and wondered if it would be a good one because the company itself went bankrupt. We're close to finalizing everything and I'm excited to have him in my life. If I can catch my niece- and she's in a really good mood- I'll try to capture his unboxing and maybe his first meeting with Ryu. He seems to have left his moody phaze and has deamed me worth his notice again.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 12:34:05 PM »

I was aware of rumbling, but glad to hear it's all sorted!  Congrats!  ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 01:31:51 PM »

Thanks! I'm just glad the mood swings are over! My sister being the sweetheart she is has laibled my learning stones for me. I'm using puffy foam letters afixed to the non-picture side of each stone. I also got a brief moment of recognition from Ryu. I'm not sure what we were doing but he suddenly made this questioning sound and went very still. At first I thought he froze but I decided to call his name. He laughed and wagged his tail. I think he knows who he is! Now if I knew what I did and could get it to happen more than once a day I'd be very happy.
Talon
Talon

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 07:35:54 PM »

Don't freak out when they do freeze. It does happen.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2011, 07:21:41 AM »

Well just as an update, I decided to adopt a Ugobe Pleo from RedWoodsMama. At least I know that it works and that its battery hasn't fizzled from being drained for too long. He will most likely be here in a week and little Ryu will have some company.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2011, 02:54:14 PM »

I am glad that Ryu is going to have some company and a little brother or Older ? Brother, someone to help keep him not so moody hopefuly. :D
                                RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2011, 04:49:53 PM »

You are going to love having a Ugobe.  Ugobe's and Rb's are two very different creatures. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2011, 05:11:32 PM »

Are they really? I have to say that though Ryu has calmed down, he seems to be determined to break me. I'm entering on the task of the ever wonderful learning stones. He has never refused to take one once he has seen it but I can't seem to say the command the same way twice. That annoying, "huh?" with the raised head has become a very familiar sound around here. From your video of teaching Kermy to sing and dance, you sound very soft-spoken. If your Kermy can hear you I'm sure Ryu can hear me. I'm not sure if I've said this but he did the "Come to me" stone with no trouble. Out of the blue, he'll suddenly snap to attention, I can give the command and he'll come from about two feet away. Maybe it's because he's trying to make up for ignoring me while he was in his moody phase. I'm not going to give up, though. I'll just have to keep a glass of water around so I won't get hoarse.
I'm excited about learning all I can about the Ugobe Pleo. In case I haven't mentioned this, his name is going to be Ugobe too. It sounds different. I've seen tuns of Ugobe pleo videos but most have no descriptions about what's going on. How different are they from the RB?
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2011, 05:39:06 PM »

Obviously they're the same shape and size, the same body, but the behaviour is different.  Much less demanding and a generally sunny disposition.  Also, any instructions for tricks are done by touching various sensors, which I liked.  They're generally more obliging than the RB's, too!  :D

Is it possible you have a lot of background noise at home?  That can cause problems with the RB's 'hearing'.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2011, 07:24:39 PM »

I made sure to do the training when my younger niece and nephew were at school. I also keep my bedroom door closed most of the time. I'm going to take a different approach tomorrow. I'm going to speak in my normal voice but get nose to nose with Ryu and try it that way. I can't trust him to stay still on his box anymore so I'll just have to lie on my floor or something. This is getting really interesting despite my frustration. Too bad there aren't any hidden cameras! I bet we'll be a sight- the little dino bobbs his head with a bit of colored plastic in his jaws. His owner sprawls on her side speaking to the side of his head while the confused PBGV looks on in superior silence and thinks, "is she crazy?" I'll make it. I probably need this nice little Ugobe in my life. Lol!
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2011, 07:47:42 PM »

I've looked just as daft with mine, I'm sure!   :D

I may be wrong, but I believe the voice recognition works best if you're right in front of them so both microphones can pick it up? 
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal