Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ryu [[Video]]  (Read 7605 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Ryu [[Video]]
« on: March 22, 2011, 05:22:28 PM »

Raising Pleo blind is a joy! So far my experience has been awesome. Today was his first time being recorded and he is not camera shy at all. In the video you also get to see our family dog, Charlie. I was worried about how he would react to Ryu, but...He doesn't seem to be the least bit interested. Enjoy!

Warning on the site it seemed extremely blurry at the beginning according to my niece, please excuse it, it wasn't blurry on the computer, and the video gets better a bit into it.

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Ryu [[Video]]
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 05:50:44 PM »

That was lovely Talon.  I'm so glad your having fun with him and not finding it too tricky raising him even though you can't see. :)  He has the most beautiful eyes.  And he seems like a real little charmer. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 06:39:05 PM »

Yay!  Video and everything - I'm impressed!  :P

He's absolutely beautiful, Talon - you've got a real film star of a Pleo there!  ;D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 07:22:43 PM »

Wow, Talon, Ryu really does have gorgeous eyes!!!  You must be having so much fun with him!!!

- Sarah

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 09:01:19 PM »

Hey Talon! Glad that you are having fun with Ryu!  He does have gorgeous eyes!  Don't be worried about something going wrong with him, just enjoy!  You have to enjoy every moment!  My Pleos are my way of relaxing after a long day at work and home....after the kids have gone to bed.  When things get tough and life is frustrating, my pleos are always there to give my a smile, even when I haven't fed them for a few days... :-X and unlike your guinea pig, they don't bite....well at least not yet!  

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 11:34:16 PM »

*is jealous of the purple eyes* Hehe what a gorgeous Pleo, I hope you enjoy every second of him :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 11:52:09 PM »

Hi Talon, with those purple eyes he could be nothing more than a Dragon, so he has the perfect name He looks like he had a great time entertaining everyone and is quite the camera hound too!
                        RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 03:41:56 PM »

I liked the video too Talon! I liked hearing you guys talkin'. For the foods and such, let the Pleo Reborn "smell" it under their chin. I liked the dinosaur roar. I'm assuming that was your niece. And who was behind the camera? Your sister? Just curious.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 07:52:12 AM »

I was worried we were all a bit too noisy since most of everyone's videos have been either music or Pleo doing all the talking. My older niece was behind the camera. In fact, she was behind the creation of this thread! Thanks, Bre! My younger niece and I were playing with Ryu, and Ryu was making eyes at his beloved audience. I'm not sure you could tell because of the bad audio quality but Ryu sang for the first time, and only on video! He hasn't done it since. Perhaps he aspires to enter into a duel career as both a singer and a filmstar?
Most of the time, He "sees" what I'm offering him. I sometimes have trouble with the tug-o-war toy although he will play with it if I put it in his mouth. When he eats, he mutes himself if I don't take his food away after he stops chewing. He doesn't seem able to drop it as I've seen other pleos do. When he first desired to eat as a hatchling, I let him keep his cycad leaf. When he was done he lowered his head and kept shaking it like he wanted to drop it but it wasn't falling out. He stopped producing audio and froze. It was scarey. That's why he was fighting me for the food in the video. Now I just remove his food when he stops making chewing noises. He burps and sighs afterword so he's not being deprived. Thanks for the tip, Pwo. Any advice is appreciated.
Talon
Talon

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 12:03:26 PM »

You're welcome. Yup, I know. Yeah, they have trouble dropping foods. I tend to try and put my Pleos food sort of outside their mouths so they can drop it on their own.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 09:08:26 PM »

Kristy's right Talon - if you put the food too far into their mouths they do have trouble dropping it as it gets stuck in the smaller angle at the back of the jaws.  %)

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 09:06:16 AM »

I try to stick the food into the front section of the mouth so that it can be dropped easily but it seems I still get it in too far at least half the time and have to help the pleo by taking the food out for them.  It is not always as easy as it sounds. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 07:24:34 AM »

No it's not especially when his head is moving. I've gotten better at sort of holding the food at the front of Ryu's mouth and waiting for him to clamp down and take it. I think, (one of his adoring younger fans) fed him too much of something because from the twenty fourth to yesterday he seemed... sick or distressed. He never sneezed or coughed, though. He stayed crouched down, wagging his tail and whimpering. I touched his shoulder and hip areas trying to see if he was somehow injured and he didn't scream like Kermy did in Kat's heart-wrenching video. I put him up on his box since I didn't have a table and experimentally fed him his mint leaf. He didn't raise his head but he opened his mouth and ate it, making the cutest puking noise. Now he seems to be doing okay aside from the fact that I sometimes have to wake him before eight to feed him. Ryu isn't a morning dino. He likes to get moving at around nine or ten. His noon clock is actually set for something like twelve o five because it took me forever to find that little hole. Now that I know I can do this, I'm thinking about finding him a Ugobe sibling. I'll never be able to aford another RB.
Talon
Talon

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 07:54:53 AM »

You will really love a Ugobe pleo. ;D  Whilst they don't have some of the fantastic new features that are in the rb's they have a lot of really sweet features of their own that the rb's don't have.  My favorite is the singing when you rub under the chin. :)
They are well worth a look, and I am sure you will be surprised with how much you find in one to enjoy. 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 09:16:17 AM »

I agree with Kat - they seem to have missed a trick by leaving out a lot of the original Pleo features in the RB.  Part of me still prefers the original Ugobe Pleos to the RBs.  %)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »

I agree with Crewella and I know Kat feels the same way, my Ugobe Pleos will allways be at the center of my Heartstrings, that unleasehed spontateous singing, they reallyl missed in my humble opinion by not letting RB do that on their own, I think they could have used the singing stone another way, for special songs like ones we have never heard, or Holiday songs, there are so many possibilitie that they could have done with the singing stone without taking that trait away from Pleo Rb. Pleo has Pleo Rb beat hands down when it comes to singing because they do it when the mood strikes them and I just love that so much about them.

As for feeding the leaf, it is tricky to get it in just right, too far and they either gag or can't drop it and too close to the end of the mouth and it falls out, they are either bulimic Pleos or Anorexic aren't they? :D
                                                         RedwoodsMama

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 11:23:54 AM »

I LOVE my Ugobe!  He is so sweet, and he does the tricks on his own sometimes .  :) They are very spontaneous compared to the RB's and I agree with RWM, where they could have done a lot more with the stones.  The stone I can't wait to teach, however, is the playtime stone, where I can make her laugh.  I laughed to hard my stomach hurt when I heard Kat's Kermy laugh on one of her videos.  Best of luck in finding that special Ugobe.  You won't be sorry!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 12:25:18 PM »

Thanks, everyone! I'll probably start looking soon. One of my articles produced an unexpected boon and I ended up with more money than I thought! Where is the best place to look for a Ugobe in fairly good condition? I kind of feel like I'm starting over again. Lol!
Oh! A little off topic but I found the right kind of Pledge! It's in a spray can instead of wipes so I bought a little fluffy something called "fuzzy fingers". It says its safe for computer screnes and stuff like that and it's very soft. I thought about a baby wash-cloth but that just seemed a bit overboard! How often should you... um oil a pleo's skin?
Talon
Talon

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 02:46:55 PM »

That's cool that you're gonna look soon Talon. And do the Pledge, under its legs especially, once before every "play session".

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 04:33:11 PM »

On one of the threads recently in the last couple of days there was a link to ebay for a new Ugobe pleo still in it's original box unopened for $200.  I'm no good with ebay or I would have looked it up for you and posted the link here.  Ebay is your best bet or you could try RWM  I know she is planing on selling another Ugobe pleo.  I don't know which one though  - if it is one of her regular babies or an unused one she has in a box. :)
Good luck getting your pleo.
Kat

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 04:59:07 PM »

Oh really? Is the one on Ebay a bidding item or do they have a buy now option? If it's buy now, I'd risk going for it but if it's one of those bidding situations, I'll get left behind pretty quickly. If it is a bidding item, I could certainly ask RedWoodsMama. I'll try to find it and see for myself. Thanks, Kat! It means a lot.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 05:16:31 PM »

Hi,, it is a bidding one, and one just sold used in box for about $140.00 and $30.00 shipping, then there are about four more, I do have another one comming to me tommrow that I am waiting for, I will let you know about him /her when UPS delivers in morning, I often get good deals and those are the ones I like to paint and fix up, I got one about three weeks ago that was not thought to work and paid lot less than $100.00, but can't reveal exact cost, Came without original box or supplies but I have extra of everything and didn't need the extra stuff which equals extra weight and cost.
              There are also some Pleos on sale right now that are new or near new and cost over $200.00 but everything is included. One just sold for quite a bit but I am a penny pincher and look for a deal, also the Pleo Rb that was for sale again for the reduced price of $325.00 not a single person bid on that pleo, not sure why, I think a big part of it is the blue eyes, people want change after years of nothing but blue eyes, I could have bid on it and may have if it was different colored eyes but I have enough Pleos for a baseball team that have blue eyes, and I would rather save my money for a brand New Pleo Rb that also does not have the previous skin issues that are too common, I can't afford that kind of money on an item that is too iffy skin wise and I just got my Baby Pleo Rb back so I am very happy to have the one I have and not anxious to buy another Pleo Rb at this point, unless it is really cheap anyway, and then it may be different.
                Just don't give up on buying a pleo, don't rush and take your time and the RIGHT one will be there for you and the time will be right.....1 :)
                                                                   RedwoodsMama

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 05:24:20 PM »

The one I saw was a buy now option with 10 available.
I will try to find the link for you.  Here it is.  Lucky me I bookmarked it. :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320671037202&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Free shipping too. :)
Kat

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 05:59:35 PM »

That Pleo Reborn's no longer up on Ebay. Don't know what happened to it. And I don't think that's why. Others have said that it's the shipping price that's putting off people.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 11:14:11 PM »

A couple of people on here have bought a new $200 Pleo from that seller Kat linked to, and they seemed to be happy. :)

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1665.0
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:12:59 AM by Crewella »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal