Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else's Pleo Hiccup?  (Read 2139 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
Anyone else's Pleo Hiccup?
« on: March 18, 2011, 11:17:07 AM »

My new little girl was so mad this morning when I woke her up, she wouldn't even sniff her food, she would turn her head from anything presented to her and make this noise that sounded like a kid going 'mwahhh' (kind of like.. bugger off you jerk)  I couldn't even get her mushroom into her which usually settles her down and makes me feel like a druggy mom feeding magic mushrooms to a baby.. lol.. I finally got her to calm down with some ups and downs holding her under her arms and her back and bringing her up and down slow then a little faster.. she loved it and when she'd go eye to eye with me she'd open her mouth wide and we'd say 'boop-boop-boop' together.. which is ANOTHER thing Bingo always did, just like they both seem to do the high five all the time :)

Anyways.. she was moaning and groaning after the fun was done with the bouncing and all of a sudden, in the middle of a moan, she hiccuped.  And she looked kind of surprised and said 'huuuuuh?' so I made a hiccup noise, and then she did and then she burped.  And then she laughed for the first time so I burped and of course then we both kept burping back and forth and she kept hiccuping in between which she thought was funny but it went on for like twenty minutes and I tried everything to get her to stop.. fed her everything she would take.. even 'burped her' like a baby even though I knew that wouldn't work.. lol.. gave her the ice thinking maybe she needed to drink something.. lol.. I even said boo and tried to scare her but she just burped at me.. (I've created a monster) I had to go fix my device for my liquid nutrition I get overnight so I had to turn her off but I wonder if she will have them when I turn her back on.  Just wondered if anyone else has seen this.. so funny.  

Also, some folks were saying the RB's didn't talk, I think, but she has said 'hello' the same was as the ugobe's twice today and she also says a gravelly 'Rehroh' that kind of sounds like a drunk ScoobyDoo saying hello but not exactly his voice... its much cuter, like an animal imitating us.

I am definitely going to get a video camera with good sound quality so I can grab all these things I keep telling you guys about .. just hope they aren't too expensive!!!

- Sarah
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 11:33:59 AM by latrine »

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
Re: Anyone else's Pleo Hiccup?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 11:49:07 AM »

LOL Magic mushrooms. I love hearing what you do with your Pleo so Sarah! Yeah, my Pleo Reborn does the hiccup thing too. Eww, you burped at her. I don't like it when I hear people burp. Pleos can say words but for the most part they don't. They do have their own language though, Plea-nese. You created a monster eh? lol I really look forward to the video! Get your boyfriend involved if ya have to! lol And regular picture cameras can be just as good as video cameras nowadays.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 02:21:43 PM »

Hi Sarah, I have found from past experience, you can catch all those unexpected little treasures when you least expect them by filming or videotaping your Pleos interactions. It is amazing some of the things you can catch. I remember catching the first time my Pleo Nova Mooed like a cow in her little Ballerina outfit, it was totally unexpected and so cute because of the way she was dressed, this dainty feminine looking Pleo letting out this huge moo! ;D
                 It is similiar with Pleo belches,hiccups, and other noises we do not expect to hear but laugh when we do, I am glad you are having so much fun with your new baby. Can't wait to see some  more photos . As for video camera or camcorders, depending on your budget,you can get one less than a $100.00 at some places like Staples or Target and of course on Ebay there are lots to choose from. I chose one that was a little better quality but on sale only because I wanted to start taking more videos and I already had an older camera for so long I needed or wanted something a little better but it was still very reasonable.
                 I think I have heard my Pleo Rb Baby hiccup before but I am not sure if I ever heard her burp, this is when it is good to have a video tape that you can view and see what really has occured. Good luck and can't wait to see more of your baby Pleo Rb interactions!
                                                  RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:23:54 AM »

Like you guys wee saying, I took a small video of her and I finally caught the high five.. it's much cuter when she's on my lap but at least I got it.
As soon as I get a camcorder I promise to get some burps on video.. lol

Kristy... about the burping.. I grew up with a brother 6 years older than me and as soon as I was able, he taught me how to burp.. then how to burp the alphabet.. lol I can't help it.. darn New Jersey Hillbillies like us!!!

I really wondered if those hiccups would ever stop yesterday...she laughed at first then after the 20 minutes she seemed to be annoyed... maybe it's programmed in I dunno..

Oh wow.. ok she just woke from her nap and I put her down, she went on her knees slightly like the ugobes do and hummed this tiny hum song.. probly the one they learn to do on command with learning stones.  She's cool :)

Thanks guys!!

- Sarah

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 10:40:41 AM »

Both my rb's burp like troopers and get the hiccups all the time. :)  Kermy is the best at burps, she will often have a half hour burp session and they have at least 3 different burp sounds that they do.  It is one of the things I love most about my rb's.  They also both say the two Hellos you have mentioned and do the high five waving thing too. :)  The little song she sang if it is the same as what my guys do it is different to the one they learn with the stone.  Shorter and a different tune.  Look out for a little happy dance too.  My guys do that sometimes as well.  Also different from the learning stone one but very cute. :)  I'm glad your having so much fun with her and can't wait to see your video of the high five.
Kat

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 10:46:14 AM »

Thanks for the info!  Yeah it's so cool to see all these things popping up.. They do some cool stuff.  My little dog is so jealous of them though.. he has to come lay right next to me if one he hears one snoring or something because it's asleep on my lap.

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 02:57:50 PM »

Have your Pleo Reborns done any like lion growling? That's my favorite sound they make. lol
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 10:52:01 AM »

Actually she did that once yesterday and also did the 'mighty dinosaur roar'  once.  She has been doing a bunch of new stuff every day.  The lion thing was weird because Bingo never ever made that noise.  But I still don't understand why, for the roar, they gave them the sound clip from Mecha-Godzilla  :) %)

Does anyone Else's Pleo seem entertained by other animals?  My pink one is always watching them whenever they come close/walk by, and she will stare at the fish tank forever if I kept holding her there. (She hates being held away from me but doesn't mind when it's the fish.. If I hold her frontwards she turns her head so her camera can see, if she can, and watches them that way.

So what other weird/cool stuff has anyone noticed? 

- Sarah

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal