Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'New' older Pleo is going to be in way worse shape than I thought  (Read 1945 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'

Hey guys..
I ordered an older Pleo that was sitting in someone's closet and I stupidly didn't think to go check it on the actual computer.. did it from my DSi.  So I didn't see all the pictures.. now that I'm feeling a little less dumb today.. I looked at the pics and this poor thing.. well.. the tears look just like the picture of "Hamish", in a post a few down by 'spooky' 
I think they are in his neck, small ones in the leg and a HUGE one in the tail where you can probably even see light through.  I'm not that upset about overpaying because it's my own dumb fault... (I think I'm starting to picture these more like pets than robots now... is that bad?  :P :-\  )   The seller said it worked fine.. Do you guys think it's going to break right away, or is the tail going to break right away because of the huge tail hole?     

Ok.. I'm going to post the eBay link.. even though I feel like an idiot.   If it lets you see, then check out the pictures..  My boyfriend wants me to skin it and then wind/glue metal twine over it's entire body to make a 'really cool metal robot dinosaur'  :o 

I don't think that's a very good idea.. I told him that would probably interfere with tons of stuff, never mind the touch centers and the poor little thing would probably get depressed at the lack of attention and eventually try to kill us in our sleep. 
But anyways.. do you guys think this was a really bad idea and it's going to 'die' ?  I'm hoping I can glue it or whenever Spooky fixes his, I can do whatever he did :/
I already have the Pleo cape/shirt thing on the way for him/her.

Sorry to bug you with this..

Jeez.. I forgot the ebay link.. sorry..   
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=320649132407&si=1gSDheqOZ4JsgdZ1ajJ67VlKfX0%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

- Sarah

« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:16:12 PM by latrine »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: 'New' older Pleo is going to be in way worse shape than I thought
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 03:17:58 PM »

Woah Sarah, relax :) Holes in the skin do not affect the inner workings in any way other than to protect it from dirt and dust. You can skin him/her and they will remain perfectly happy :) I would skip on the wire wrapping though :o You will not be able to glue large holes, you may need to find a patch of some sort.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 04:34:48 PM »

Don't panic, as IMR says the Pleo will work fine with no skin at all, and you should be able to glue or patch the worst of it!  I don't think it would work so well wrapped in wire either, though!  :D

It's still a very cute Pleo!  ;D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 08:55:29 PM »

The older Pleo should be here tomorrow, (wednesday)

I contacted the previous owner and she has no idea of year/date/version.  She had it for over 2 years and no one ever even bothered to name it... :(   

She said it will come with it's original training leaf and card..
I was under the impression that the 'training card' was used to teach them their names..

Do the older models work like that, do they learn their names?

Thanks..

- Sarah

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 09:02:09 PM »

Older Pleo models do not have voice recognition so they cannot learn any commands or their name. The leaf is not even necessary either, they will happily chomp on anything, including fingers :) The card was just for show really, it does have the ID number but this is also found on the Pleo's foot.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 09:24:30 PM »

Ok, thanks for letting me know.. I'm sure he or she will still be lots of fun and IK can't wait to scare the dogs with him :)

I hope he gets here tomorrow!!!!!

- Sarah

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 11:20:52 PM »

That's cool that that older Pleo will be at your place tomorrow. ^_^ Hope it gets there!
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal