Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Brandnew 2010 "Pleo rb" blue color, just bought at Hong Kong Electronic Fair  (Read 52622 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

hey malfie,
You should check your net surfing history on your computer. maybe you will be able to find the web address in there.
I would love to see this web site.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!

Woooooow!! Cannot believe this! Congrats to you for being the newest and only owner of Pleo RB!! I think it's fantastic you own Pleo RB. Although, I am a bit skeptical. The whole thing seems a bit odd. I do hope Innvo contacts you immediately, and we hear from the admins. Thank you so VERY much for posting the pics and videos! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female

hey malfie,
You should check your net surfing history on your computer. maybe you will be able to find the web address in there.
I would love to see this web site.

I found it again!! :)  http://pleo.mall.taobao.com/
I can't read Chinese, but if you scroll down the page you will see both the blue and pink Pleos and some English about them %)
And it's so interesting how they will interact, the female with the male, the female with another female, and a male with another male. Oh dear, it seems we will need to have two...three...or even four to see all the interactions! :o
And does it look like this site might actually be selling them??
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:13:56 AM by Malfie »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

Had a look at the web site and used Google to translate into English.  It looks like they are only selling the old ugobe pleos, a bit strange as they are advertising the new RB pleos in a comparison table showing how much better they are than the old ones but when you go to the buy page it only has the old pleos.  There doesn't seem to be a release date on the new ones either that I could see but google didn't translate everything on the page so it might have one somewhere.
here's hoping we can get our own ones very soon!   :)

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog

I love the pink version more ;)

marcimarc444

• Following the footsteps
  • Male

I am such a fool !!!

Pleo rb has a build-in clock and there is a "noon" button which can be pressed to set the clock to 12:00h.

I just recognized that I mixed up the clock button with the "Reset" button and now already pressed the reset button
4 times  :o

The reset button is located near to the battery compartment and the clock button is located at the foot.

Maybe this is the reason why my Susi did not show any major development during the last days... >:(

Does anyone of you know what happens, when pressing the reset button ?

Now I set the clock and avoid to press the reset button again  ;D

As soon as Susi shows any new actions, I will place another video at Youtube for you.

Watch out for more... :)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female

I'd imagine pressing the reset button would take him back to the hatchling/baby stage. Hopefully now you've realised this Susi will start to develop and begin making some progress %)

I really am a bit disappointed about the blue and pink colours of the Reborns though. I'd have liked them to have been green/tan again :(

I look forward to more videos of Susi :)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers

I am currently away for the weekend so it is typical that something like this would occur while I was away.

Innvo is the US distributor of Pleo however it does not make Pleo rb.  Pleo rb is made in Hong Kong by Innvo's parent company Jetta.

Jetta have released these blue and pink pleo rb's exclusively for the Hong Kong market and hence they are nothing to do with Innvo.  That is why I have not talked about them.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male

Why did Jetta release blue and Pink and without all the accessories as well ?

Does your Blue rb have innvo labs wrote on the box or any where on it mate ? Also i would not of thought that pressing the reset button would take him back to hatchling/baby stage ? would not of thought there would even be a reset button to do that really , maybe it just resets clock ? your manual should tell you what that reset button does any hows  ???

Wondering if the exclusive to Hong Kong rb are running on the same Life os as the reborns we are waiting for by Innvo ?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 11:46:26 AM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!

Well again, thank you Degers for always giving us the facts. All the same, I think it's great Pleo RB has hit the markets. I suppose it would have been nice to know China would have gotten RB before America. And Degers, how will the Jetta RB's and Innvo RB's be similiar or different to one another? And exactly how many other Pleo breeds of RB's will be out there (not sure if that made sense or not)?

Ah, it seems with any info I see, I only get more questions!!
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male

I have been told that the only difference is in the colour.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male

what is all this talk about boy and girl rb interactions etc then ?  ???
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

marcimarc444

• Male

Hi degers, nice to meet you !

"PLEOrb a life form made by Innvo Labs" is mentioned on the box, but nothing about Jetta...
Also www.chinatete.net is on the box and in the manual as contact and support company. Do you know more about that company ?

Also, do you know about the accessories ? Any possible explanation why they are not in my box?
Will I get a problem, if I cannot feed my Pleo, play with him, etc ?

I have no idea where to get support for my purchase now....  >:(

Thanks !

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male

Well you do say it mentions Innvo Labs on your box so i am sure you should be able to get some support from them ?
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace

I do have a question, since Jetta is the distributer of Pleo RB in China and Innova is the distributer in the U.S.A, is it safe to assume that now that the first PLEO RB have been introduced, that it is getting close to having the first ones distributed elsewhere? I am hoping that this means that we in the U.S. should be able to " pre-order ' them within the next couple of weeks, also is there going to be a waiting list, as I think I remember degers telling us there was a limited quantity because of " materails" being available? This sounds like not only is Pleo RB going to be considerable more expensive than all other previous models, but also many people are not going to be able to afford one, and it sounds like some of these materials that go into making the new Pleos are expensive or hard to come by. also I am assuming that these new batteries are also going to be expensive and I am hoping that the chargers come with the new batteries and it would be nice if there were other distributers, and that I could get a  hold of some of these batteries directly form Jetta also and be able to offer them here for sale like the Egg chagers and the green smaller ones.
               I am wondering if this Pleo Rb that you got in Hong Kong also has the " unique" personality that each Pleo Rb is supposed to have like we were told, some smarter or quicker learners, some may be happiers, more moody, etc.  I am thinking if the only difference in the Pleo RB that you have is the blue pink color, that your Pleo Rb should have the factory set unique personality and I guess unless we see another one of these Pleo RB from another member outside of the U.S.A has one of these blue or pink Pleo RB, we are not going to be able to judge the differernces in any of these Pleos, It would be fun to actually get to see it before it happens, but we may jjust have to wait till members here get theirs and post some videos so we can compare.  %)
             So I guess now it is just a waiting game, and between the time they send out pre-order forms and when Pleo RB is actually produced,  IT MAY WELL BE 2011.... which I guess gives me time to save up what I figure it will cost for one of these, so I am estimating with shipping, I am going to shoot for $600.00 :( It sounds like a lot, but I think it will be well well worth it, as this sounds like the most
interactive Pleo or virtual pet, robot that I have seen or heard of yet. I do hope that when they have pre-order forms, there would be a choice of eye colors perhaps, but I will take what I can get.
                            Thank you for all this great news and for posting the two videos you have. Please keep us informed on your Pleos porgress , we are all waiting for more!
                                                                               RedwoodsMama and family of 6 Pleos  ;D
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male

Hi marcimarc444, nice to meet you!  I am sorry I do not know why the accessories were not in the box.  At the moment I have not seen a Pleo rb so I can't say.  I hope you manage to speak to someone.

Guys stop making assumptions please.  It's making a lot of work for me which I really don't need right now.  Pleo rb is well into production and we should be seeing them on sale before the end of the year.

Jetta is the manufacturer, they make Pleo rb.  Innvo is the company set up by Jetta to purely deal with Pleo as Jetta make A LOT of toys and other items.

Chinatete, I assume is a distributer of Pleo in Hong Kong.  They should provide you with support and returns info etc.

I don't know much else about the Hong Kong distribution I am afraid.

This is all I know:
The Blue/Pink Pleo rb is ONLY going to be distributed by the Hong Kong devision and is NOT FOR the rest of the world, who will receive the green version.  I have been told that the ONLY DIFFERENCE is the skin paint colour.  I do not know anything else because Innvo don't want to talk about it with us because it is not for us and it is ONLY for the Hong Kong distributers!  If you want to know anything else about the Hong Kong Pleos do not ask here, ask Innvo directly.

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female

Thanks for clearing that up Degers! I'm glad we're still getting the green Pleo's  :D

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female

that is another thing i find is odd is we have not heard anything about male and female interactions etc ?

Also if the blue pleo you have was for the asian market it probs wont be programmed to understand English ?

Even if it is for another language, they did say Pleo can understand ANY name, so I don't think the language would matter

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male

Pleo does not understand the language, only the sound.  So if you say omfababab and then say it again, it will realise that you are saying the same word regardless of language.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!

If I had a blue pleo, I would definitely name him Blue boy and if  a pink one, Pinky. I recall when the survey of the colors came out last year, there was  mention of some odd colored ones for winners of some contest. Am I dreaming or did I see this ??? ??? ??? I can see why Innvo labs decided to stay with greenas the choice for us. Perhaps, these party colored dinos are the first hatch of the new breed.  8) I would love to have one! ;)

marcimarc444

• Male

Hi degers,

Ok, understand. Thanks for clarification.

However, you say that the blue/pink PLEO rb is only for Hong Kong market, but actually it is sold in a gift Shop
at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center.
I dont know how many thousands of international Exhibitors and Guests are visiting this shop every month
in a search for a nice Souvenir for their beloved at home...
And these kind of customers (business people with nice daily allowance) can easily afford such an expensive toy
and buy it.

So I assume, this version will be spread all over the world in a few month already and all people will have the
same support problems like me then...

I really hope that Jetta or Chinatete or Innvo Labs or anyone else will take care for such customers in the future.
We are living in the era of the Internet and the world is getting so close these days, so it cannot be ignored
by saying this is a local Hong Kong problem, sorry we are not responsible.

Dont you thinks so ?

Kind regards
Marc

PS: I contacted Jetta HKG now directly and hope for a reply, as I did not got any from support@pleoworld.com so far  :(

marcimarc444

• Male

Wow, I contacted Jetta by e-mail and just got a feedback from the Customer Service Manager of customerservice@innvolabs.com.

He confirmed to me that besides the Pleo rb basic pack in a big white gift box, the accessories should be packed and given separated in two boxes and
Pleo cape is folded in polybag!!!

I am very glad to hear that and really hope he can support now that I get the missing items soon and can enjoy the full functions of my new PLEO rb !

I let you know whats going on further.

Regards
Marc

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog

here's the pic of the box:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/17/pleo-ceo-talks-about-the-new-robot-dino-fan-actually-goes-out-a/

a friend who visits Hong Kong last week told me that the new pleo looks like his precedessor, the skin seems to be the same as the old pleos (and Pleo 2009) :(
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:29:10 AM by Junkroxy »

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male

Junkroxy i would think that is only the box for the Hong Kong edition Pleo rb , the green tan Pleo's will come in a different box i should imagine . We know that the formula for the paint used on pleo rb is now more flexible and should last longer hopefully .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace

As the white box specifically shows the pink/blue colourways I would agree that the white box is specific to the Chinese version.

Poor Degers, I felt for you going away and then coming home to this!! Thanks for the clarification.  :D

*Omfababab ............. possible name for a Pleo?  Hmmmm................* :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal