Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John Sosoka and Tyler Wilson Interview  (Read 8249 times)

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
John Sosoka and Tyler Wilson Interview
« on: September 28, 2010, 09:08:46 AM »

As a follow up to the Questions for Interview with John Sosoka topic, we had a nice long hour-and-and-a-half chat with John Sosoka, formerly Chief Technical Officer of Ugobe, and his friend Tyler Wilson, lead developer of the Pleo LifeOS!  If anyone knows everything about Pleo, these two do!  John was been involved with Pleo right from it's inception and ever since the demise of Ugobe he has continued to be actively involved in robotics.

We talked about Pleo and Ugobe and what they have been up to lately.  We hoped to have the whole interview transcribed here, but haven't had the chance, so for your listening pleasure, we present the conversation in audio format.   Grab some popcorn, relax in your easy chair, and enjoy!  :D

This should be replaced by the audio player

« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:46:22 AM by grumpy »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: John Sosoka and Tyler Wilson Interview
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 10:22:24 AM »

I will have to savour that later, but that's fantastic - thanks! :D

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 12:45:58 PM »

Degers, what a great interview! + + + Thank you for letting us hear it. So many things on the horizon. This will keep all of us wondering what the new robot, that eventually, will be coming out will be like. At least we know it isn't a domesticated animal.

With the information of the gauge of wire for the cables and that the correct super glue makes it very possible to fix our injured pleos. Perhaps we will end up with someone on the forum who will become the pleo doctor we, so much, need.

I'm looking forward to seeing an animated chair, lamp and table story. Keep us posted for when this is available.

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:48:03 AM »

Great interview - heard the first hour so far; will have to listen to the rest later.  Being involved with R&D I can relate to the tradeoffs they had to make to meet safety regulations (ie skin paint) and the frustrations they encountered with unexpected complications while trying to get Pleo to the market.  Sounds like Pleo remained remarkably true to their desired vision considering the obstacles encountered.  I do hope that the people at Innvo really are trying to follow the same path and keep Pleo innovative as a "lifeform". I liked the distinctions they were making and hope Innvo can continue along a similar path to keep Pleo distinctly unique, and not "just another toy".

Also, being involved with software development, I can appreciate the complexity of the LifeOS requirements and understand the difficulties involved in to trying to make modifications and enhancements such as Innvo tried with PM2. Makes me wonder how much of the PleoRB functionality is being built off the original LifeOS and how much they are building from scratch.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 01:26:08 AM »

I hope the text version of this interview comes up some time.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Jimmy Jonny and Judy
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 03:39:50 AM »

Hello grumpy!

Very good Interview with John S I may Pleo very hope very that he still very long at the Life remains with the new Company. :)

Greetings

Franzi the large Pleo Fan
3 Pleos: Jimmy Jonny and Judy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal