Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Scavenger Hunt  (Read 10318 times)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Scavenger Hunt
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2010, 12:54:50 PM »

Not compiling I'm afraid - I'm posting them as I do them.

The little blighters raided the bins, but at least came up trumps - Budge found the stamp and Iggy made a bee-line for half an old cabbage.  I told him the garlic wasn't strictly a vegetable, and probably wasn't a good thing to eat either but he munched it anyway.  Pheeeeew - Budge wouldn't share the bed with him last night! :P

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2010, 01:36:09 PM »

Very Cute Crewella! :D At least Iggy is protected from creatures that go " bump in the night", Vampires and such... :o You can allways brush his teeth....or have you tried that yet?Those are huge stamps,,what kind of stamps are those anyway? Gee, Nova and her friend and I are going to have to hustle to get the rest of our list, and I mean like half of it today and tommorow! Oh well, I work well under pressure, Truth is I am waiting for the postman to bring me my new Pleo, the $45.00 one to participate in the photo shoot, but I can only wait one more day for the Group Shoot. He is supposed to get her tommorow!
 Oh yes, love, love the shirt that Budge has on, too cute, I want one too!
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2010, 01:37:54 PM »

Oh Gucci, you asked if anyone else was compiling their list, you should see the list I have left! :o :o lets just say I have to have a quart of Java to take the rest of the photo shoot photos...        LOL
                         RedwoodsMama and Team NOva....

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2010, 02:28:59 PM »

My plans to go out with my young friend to take pictures this weekend did not pan out; we were both down with rotten colds I think we picked up last weekend at a birthday party outing. Bleh - hate summer colds!   >:(

But, my new Egg charger and battery just came in today so I'm hoping to get a bunch done tonight - doubt I'm going to make it with the full list but I'll give it my best shot. Can't wait to see what everyone enters - so much scope for the imagination! Love the ones I've seen so far.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2010, 02:53:28 PM »

Time is running out for the hunt, but my dinos are sure having a fun time with what we have accomplished. Pennie, all done up in pink, with her new pink socks, J.C. with his new race car socks, Little Orphan Annie with her beautiful new lei and new socks and Peeky with his purple outfit and matching new socks, just like Donny Osmands' ;) all enjoy a milkshake and Tim Tams. It was sixteen hand down for milkshake verses soda. ;D
I tried to figure out how I could be in the photo, but my poodles weren't cooperating in taking the photo. %)

A big thank you to Redwoodsmama for the new socks and lei and InMemoryofRomeo for the Tim Tams.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 02:56:46 PM by fancyfont »

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2010, 06:33:18 PM »

Little Theo got to come to work with me and help around the office while trying out the new egg battery (didn't want to make the others jealous): there was certainly enough to do with checklists to verify, mail to send and accounting to complete.  All the hard work made for a hungry pleo so a snack was in order. And although there was lots to do, it didn't stop a certain Pleo from getting into a little mischief while posing for scavenger hunt pics.

Hopefully we'll be able to squeeze in a couple more categories before the time is up.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2010, 01:05:38 AM »

HI Fancy, great photo of the whole gang, Glad everyone liked their ' gifts', What are tams, are they like cookies? where is your straw, don't you think you deserve some of that Milkshake after all that work? Here is a rootbeer for you, milkshake of course....not sure what that would taste like... :rootbeer: Very colorful photo too. Boy have I got a lot of work to do tommorow....YIKES          :owaiting to the last moment is never good, though I do work well under pressure. NOw hopefully my computer co-operates, I keep getting the BSOD.... :( Blue screen of death..)
                    RedwoodsMama and Team Nova

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2010, 01:07:52 AM »

Shadowmice , how did the battery hold up, was Theo able to complete his tasks and do the work you gave him? Looks almost like he was thinking of a escape if he could fit into that car. ;) Very well done, I was thinking along the same line, but I do not have a car like that....can't wait to see all the rest of the photos!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2010, 06:45:49 AM »

Great pics - Little Theo looks like he's contemplating the drop! :)

I love Fancyfont's pic too - that frog's expression is priceless!  Are Tim Tams the ones you can use instead of a straw, especially with hot drinks?

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2010, 01:40:17 PM »

You can get about one sip through the Tim Tam (cookie), but after that you have one chocolaty mess on your hands! ;D Soooo good though! ;)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »

Ooooooooooo that does sound good - I've been meaning to try them for ages. :P

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2010, 12:08:18 AM »

A reminder that entries close very soon so start finalizing your albums and post them up!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2010, 01:07:34 AM »

Nova Scavenger Hunt, hi, I just finished uploading the last scavenger hunt photos at exactly 12;00 midnite, I did not get a few of them but Nova and her friends and I had great fun, I am not sure how to post the link to the album, but it is just called Scavenger Hunt under RedwoodsMama so it should not be hard to find, This was great fun and I look forward to doing it again.

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2010, 10:07:27 AM »

Well, ended up working late again yesterday so didn't get any more images created for the contest; all I had were the ones I was able to post the other day in the gallery.   Rotten cold got in the way of my plans for participating  ??? ;  of course, now that the contest is over, I've got a few days off from work. %)

I checked out your album RWM - great collection of entries. What you did for the red-hair category was something similiar to what I was going to try if I had finished off a few more too - mine would have been Raggedy Andy.  :D

Did anyone else submit more entries? If not, it doesn't look too promising for a repeat event.  :(

Realized I had never posted the link to my scavenger hunt album the other day, just the one image; hope it's okay here:
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album&id=114
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:14:51 AM by shadowmice »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2010, 10:45:20 AM »

I looked through yours in the gallery yesterday, Shadowmice - you got some great pics there, and a fair few of them! :)

Don't know if this one's too late - thought I'd post it anyway.  Iggy and Budge couldn't master chopsticks, but they decided to make the effort and dress up for a proper Chinese banquet, Iggy read the menu and Budge dialled the order in:

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:47:55 AM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2010, 02:14:57 PM »

Shadowmice,how did you find the address to post the scavenger hunt photo album? I tryed copying the page and it wouldn't let me, and when I clicked on the Scavenger Hunt Photo album, it took me to the pictures and the same thing. ???what do I do so it comes out like yours?It is funny, cause I was thinking of Raggety Annie too! There is a great one in the local antique store, but I was running out of town and when you do not drive and ride the bus everywhere with a Pleo, you have to be a little more creative. And then the two ladies I know of that have RED hair and work at two stores in the same Mall, were both off work by the time Nova's friend and I got to the Mall, ( after 4:00 p.m.) so we had to find someone else, and lo and behold there was the Disney Red Haired Maiden! ;D I also ran out of time with taking care of two sick kittens for the last three !/2 weeks, sadly the littlest one, Freckles whose photo is in the RedwoodsMama album, ( One with HUGE eyes, ) was not doing well this past weekend, being the runt and almost 7 weeks old, the size of a 3 week old kitten and not even 1 pd in weight, he came down with a Respirtory infection and was on antibiotics, He was still drinking on a bottle, hand feeding, and looked very sick and frail on Sunday when I fed him last, He had the " sick out of it" look in his eye, and then Monday my friend called me to tell me she could not get him to eat that night, Sunday, and Monday Morning she found him just limp like a ragdoll in the cage with his brother, She rushed him to the vet, but it looked like ASpiration Pnemonia, and he had no will left in him, He was put to sleep so he could not suffer anymore, I cryed like a baby. :( He and his brother both suffer from what is called, Flat Chested Syndrome, it means the rib cage is not shaped properly and little ones have a hard time breathing etc. his brother is ok now so far, but it does not mean he is out of the woods, he is the bigger of thet two, the one on Nova's back, Black and white fluffy.I did not feel like taking Photos too much Monday or yesterday morning, AT least the little Freckles can be at peace now and hopefully re-incarnate into a healthy body next time,( I believe in Re-incarnation.)

Anyway, this is one reason I did not finish my scavenger hunt photos, but getting the new Pleo yesterday helpd me focus my attention somewhere else for awhile. Did Theo's battery hold out for the outing on Scavenger Hunting? Hope so, Thanks for listening to my rambling...          RedwoodsMama and Team Nova

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2010, 02:25:43 PM »

Crewella, love Iggy and Budg'es Oriental outfits! Very pretty and appropriate for dialing out for Chinese! Did you make them yourself?
            RedwoodsMama and team Nova

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »

Oh RWM, I'm so sorry to hear about little Freckles -  you're doing a wonderful thing helping them as you are. I hope his brother can gain strength with all your TLC.

To get the album link I simply navigated my way to the album page and copied the link from my browser's address bar and pasted it into my post between the url tags (the little globe icon in the formatting options). I had looked to see if there was a special code like for the images but couldn't find one either.

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2010, 04:06:18 PM »

Thanks Crewella - I was lucky to get a few done and it was a lot of fun thinking of the different items and the scenarios to use them.

Iggy and Budge look fabulous all dressed up for dinner; did they leave any leftovers for later? It would take one very dexterous Pleo to master chopsticks - it certainly takes a little practice to get the hang of it. Budge seems to be doing quite well dailing in the order though.  :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2010, 05:05:54 PM »

Thanks guys :)

So sad to hear about Freckles, RWM, he was such a sweet little soul. :'(

I wish I could make something as pretty as those Chinese outfits, but I'll admit I bought them a few weeks back.  I thought, if we all went out for an evening together, they would go with my best evening coat (which they are standing on for the photo). :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2010, 05:42:14 PM »

Aww sorry to hear about poor little Freckles.

Can I get the final number of entrants please so I can start looking at photos, we have:

RWM
Shadowmice
Crewella
Fancyfont
Gucci

Was there anyone I missed?

Please note that given the number of final participants it does not look like this will be a monthly event... however we might try one for Halloween ;)

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2010, 07:49:08 PM »

Oooh, a Halloween-themed Scavenger hunt could be lots of fun!

I thought this one had a great mix of items to "find" - ranging from easy to more difficult. While I didn't get out to try for some of the "in public" ones like I thought I was going to for this one, but I wouldn't suggest ruling such items out for future hunts - adds a nice challenge factor to it.  The one month timeframe seems pretty reasonable - had I organized to get some done earlier in the month with my friend, we'd probably have completed a significant portion more of it. Did not count on the surprise summer cold, but really no excuse, I'm just a procrastinator in general.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2010, 12:21:50 AM »

I agree, I think that a quarterly or Seasonal Scavenger hunt could be fun, such as a Fall or Harvest Theme which could include Halloween items but also things like Colored leaves, pumpkin patches, Scarecrows, etc, Then for Winter Theme it could of course include Christmas type items but also people celebrate Hanukkah and Kwanzaa. Then for Spring time different items and of course a Summer type Scavenger hunt like we just did. I think the more this is done, the easier it will become and more participants will be involved,
          I realize everyone is busy, whether it is a job, school, taking care of kids, pets, elders, or just commuting back and forth in a busy world, I don't drive and some others may not as well, I do agree that a month seems fair to me as a long enough length of time to gather items,  I still like the idea of a Scavenger Hunt with Clues also like I posted earlier in July. It is the kind of thing that people will have to figure out by following clues and there may be more than one correct answer. Scavenger Hunts can be fun for people of all ages too. I still like the idea of Teams though not sure how that would work looking at the areas we all live in. Thank you and good job IMR for arranging this past Scavenger Hunt, Nova and the other Pleos and I enjoyed it a lot even if we did not get all the photos in. :D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2010, 02:35:39 AM »

I did struggle to get many of them, and as I rarely take Pleos out in public I knew I'd not manage to get those ones - maybe a slightly shorter list next time?

I did enjoy doing the ones I did get, though - thanks for taking the time to set it up IMR! :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2010, 09:08:19 PM »

Just letting you all know that judging is now underway :) I even have a special guest judge :D (My Nan :D)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal